1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

H1N1 Flu Shot Poll

Discussion in 'Health' started by Taco-NB, Oct 28, 2009.

?

Will you be getting the H1N1 Flu Shot?

Poll closed Nov 27, 2009.
  1. YES: I will be getting the H1N1 shot when it is available

58 vote(s)
    21.9%
  2. NO: I will not be getting the H1N1 shot.

178 vote(s)
    67.2%
  3. Yes: I have already received the H1N1 flu shot.

29 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. Oct 30, 2009 at 9:26 AM
    NicksRig

NicksRig Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kenora, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    Blacked out Skid plate, block heater, bug deflector, blacked out headlights, tinted fronts, OME 3" lift, Toytec AAL, Revenge-Fab Sliders, K&N Air Filter
    Don't think I will be getting one. I have never got the flu shot and have not had the flu for many years.

2. Oct 30, 2009 at 10:19 AM
    CJH9980

CJH9980 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clint
    Shreveport, LA/Tucson AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD PRO
    Wescott lift Wescott rock sliders Prinsu Cabrack SpartanXcustoms skewp light Demon Hook front recovery point Diamondback SD (just shipped) N2 Designs Remote Start A few meso goodies
    For the average person frequent hand washing is enough. I work in a hospital though, so I'll take the added protection of the shot.

3. Oct 30, 2009 at 10:20 AM
    Richman21

Richman21 I think therefore I'm a Democrat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    09 DC Sport PreRunner
    Hardwire radar detector. Tube steps.
    My son that is 5, who almost never gets sick, had a lab confirmed case of H1N1 was sick for 8 days. Not horribly sick, but a fever and slight cough. He is fine now. My wife works in a Health and Human Serivices office with a ton of doctors and nurses, every one recommended that we atleast get the kids vacinated, along with our totally old school pediatrician. Now, that my kids have had it, we don't have to worry about the shot. Me and my wife did not get even though we had two kids with it at the same time. If they would have not contracted H1N1 we would have without a doubt gotten them the shot. I feel it's better safe than sorry, considering there was a 5 year old in a school about 5 miles from my house that died from the H1N1 with no underlying health conditions. I think as a parent you would truley regret not getting it for your kids if one ended up dying from it.

4. Oct 30, 2009 at 11:32 AM
    Capita

Capita Well-Known Member

Member:
    Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport Double Cab
    Until this week I was totally against this. Well now I been very sick for 4 days. Missed work and only starting to slowly recover. I have a 5 year old and don't want to imagine what this will be like for him. We'll be getting the shot next week when its available. This flu is pretty tough.

5. Oct 30, 2009 at 1:14 PM
    AFButters

AFButters Rigger, Please!!

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    foudn out today that my nephew has H1N1.. along with like half his classmates.. this shit is rediculous.. Im thinking about stocking up on groceries and locking ourselves in our house and seeling up the doors and windows..

oh and getting zombie defense items too.. Thanks Mike

6. Oct 30, 2009 at 1:30 PM
    NCTacoma09

NCTacoma09 Stand for Nothing or Die for Something

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 Double Cab 4x4 V6
    I am not getting it. It was rushed to the market too fast and is not worth the risk. H1N1 has only killed 1,000 in the US as of October 24th. The regular Flu kills about 36,000 every year due to complications and other reasons.

7. Oct 30, 2009 at 1:35 PM
    Jigzor

Jigzor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    20 Gladiator Rubicon
    Steersmarts Draglink, Tie rod, Track Bar
    No way.. never had a normal flu shot, won't be trying these out either.

8. Oct 30, 2009 at 1:45 PM
    hillbillytaco

hillbillytaco HOT!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    westbyGodvirginia
    Vehicle:
    06 impulse red trd off road dc v6 6spd
    not no but hell no

9. Oct 30, 2009 at 1:45 PM
    AFButters

AFButters Rigger, Please!!

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    I dont think anyone has ever died from the Flu or H1N1 that didnt already have some other "problem" .. unless of course.. they are dumb and just ignored the fact they were sick and continued to get worst and didnt do anything about it.

10. Oct 30, 2009 at 3:05 PM
    Capita

Capita Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport Double Cab
    There was a 13 year old hockey player in ontario that died who I believe was completely healthy.

Being a parent this is a really difficult call. I have a 5 year old and this is so frustrating. A lot of kids here are getting sick, some in very serious condition. I'm in a huge dilemma here

11. Oct 30, 2009 at 3:15 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    That's what they thought at first, but there have been several on the news that did not have any underlying conditions... Some DID go to the doc, but the doc's sent them home and by the time they went back, they were too far gone.

There was a little girl in one of the local schools that died a couple of weeks ago... no medical conditions http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=79003

12. Oct 30, 2009 at 3:33 PM
    dunkhi

dunkhi CSULB socal

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Sirois
    Southern California. Fountain Valley
    Vehicle:
    09 Ivan Stewart
    Toytec Coilover kit. Bilstein's 5100. Alcoa Wheels. General Tires. Magnaflow Cat-back. BLHM. Yellow fogs. 13TW5 jl sub. Stewart Decals.
    i got the swine flu like 2 months ago. almost got pneumonia but just went on anti biotics and everything was fine.

screw the shot

13. Oct 30, 2009 at 3:49 PM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    not me. i rarely get sick. I've been working at my current job for 4 years and have never called our sick. (for reals anyway). I can't remember the last time i had a flu shot. probably when i was knee high.

If i do get the flu, i'll just tough it out.

14. Oct 30, 2009 at 3:52 PM
    hendooman

hendooman The Stroker Ace

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma OR (SOLD); 2015 TRD PRO 4Runner
    Toytec TRD PRO LIFT with 1.5 SAW in rear, 255 Coopers, Baja Rack, Southern Style Front Bumper, Warn Wireless Winch, DeMello Sliders.
    I have not had the shot, nor do I know if it will be available to me. But I can tell you that my 4 yo son has a flu strain right now. Going on 3 days and has had a consistent temp over 102. It is not a good thing, and if my 2 yo with asthma gets it, it could become a serious problem. I am not sure what to believe about the shot, if it is good or bad, but if it could have prevented what my son has now I would have had him vaccinated in a heartbeat.

This flu strain is killing kids larger than any other age group. Yeah as a healthy 20 something it is probably not going to knock you down that bad. But it can be very dangerous for kids. Like I said my son has had a temp up to 103 today...do you know what a 103 temp would do to an adult?. It would put them in the hospital for sure...

15. Oct 30, 2009 at 3:53 PM
    hendooman

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:
    Toytec TRD PRO LIFT with 1.5 SAW in rear, 255 Coopers, Baja Rack, Southern Style Front Bumper, Warn Wireless Winch, DeMello Sliders.
    you do not go on antibiotics for the flu...the flu is a virus, anti biotics are for bacteria.

16. Oct 30, 2009 at 3:58 PM
    ImpulseRed008

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    I hope your son gets better soon. It's hard watching the little ones when they don't feel well. Is he on tamiflu?

17. Oct 30, 2009 at 4:00 PM
    hendooman

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the kind words. He is not, but they will immediately put my 2 yo on it, because of his asthma. We were surprised the drs didn't give it to him, hopefully they know best.

18. Oct 30, 2009 at 4:02 PM
    Hoyal

Hoyal Whiskey bent and hell bound.

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    N 39.2249 W -106.16974
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra
    Big tires, big lift, Lots of stuff's.
    I have had both shots the H1N1 and the seasonal because of where I work. There we 0 none nada side effects of a dead virus. The nasal is a live virus but the only complaints I have heard is congestion the next morning then its gone. I have witnessed and worked with hundreds of people who have gotten both types of the vaccine.

19. Oct 30, 2009 at 4:03 PM
    ImpulseRed008

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but I thought that was the standard treatment for the swine flu... If he's not getting better, I'd go get a second opinion :eek:

20. Oct 30, 2009 at 4:05 PM
    Capita

Capita Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport Double Cab
    hendooman, I hope your son gets well soon. I'm a father as well and know the feeling. I have an appoitment to get my son vacinated on monday(soonest it can be done). I'm a bit nervous about the shot, but I think the flu is much worst. I had it for four days now and feel horrible.

Hoyal thats very encouraging. Glad it all went well with no side effects.
    Yeah I think it was in Toronto Cmack48 with that hockey player

Products Discussed in

To Top