1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HAC & DAC as an option???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RedOctober, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Jan 11, 2011 at 4:09 PM
    RedOctober

RedOctober [OP] Taco lova

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Albany, NY
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue TRD Off Road
    Soooo....I sadly wrapped my new baby around a tree this past weekend in the NE snowstorm. Needless to say I'm really pissed at myself.

I'm out now looking at a new one, and here are the specs:
    '07 DC SB TRD OR with A/T
    SR5 Package
    Locking rear diff
    Tow package
    Aftermarket front fogs
    Tonneau cover
    14.000 miles
    Clean carfax

They want $24000 for it. I had the same thing in the 6 spd (the one now totaled) and figured I wouldnt like the auto; I actually don't mind it

However, I was under the impression the OR models came with HAC and DAC as buttons on the dash. However, the sales guy after some feseach told me that it's all included with the truck. Something seems fishy to me...

Anyone out there have an 07 with the buttons, or can anyone shed some light on this?? I don't want to make a $24k mistake...

2. Jan 11, 2011 at 4:46 PM
    RedOctober

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Albany, NY
    Vehicle:
    Thanks dude. Being stupid in the snow and I decided tO dance with the tree; I lost big time.

So how do I know then if the options were on the truck? Would the buttons be there, or would it be listed on the printout from the dealer? I peered into the window of a 2011 and I saw the buttons so that's why I assumed I was being lied to.

Other, and more important question is whether I'll really need/use it. I'd like to do some ORing with it, but it's a $25k truck...I don't plan on doing any rock crawling. It is/would be currently my DD.

3. Jan 11, 2011 at 4:48 PM
    JKD

JKD Well-Known Member

Member:
    $25k for a three-plus year old truck that probably didn't sell for much more than that new?

4. Jan 11, 2011 at 5:00 PM
    RedOctober

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Albany, NY
    Vehicle:

I guess it depends on which service you use, bit even NADA says clean retail to be over $26000. Brand new it was listed for $29500. It also has the tonneau cover, which aren't cheap.

Products Discussed in

To Top