1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Had my first lucid dream!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by dunkhi, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Jan 25, 2010 at 8:04 PM
    Tsenekos

Tsenekos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Edmonton, CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC 4WD trd offroad
    Toytec 3" lift w coils,1.5 AAL,5100's all around,diff drop kit, axel shims,N-Fab nerf bars,bestop supertop,fog mod, weathertech mats
    If I can figure this Lucid dream shit out I will have absolutely no use for my wife :rasta:

2. Jan 25, 2010 at 8:05 PM
    magikbean562

magikbean562 once flirted with danger, danger got clingy

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    socal
    Vehicle:
    pinto
    33" mudders
    not sure if its been asked, but did you have to change your sheets when you got up?

3. Jan 25, 2010 at 9:26 PM
    dunkhi

dunkhi [OP] CSULB socal

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Sirois
    Southern California. Fountain Valley
    Vehicle:
    09 Ivan Stewart
    Toytec Coilover kit. Bilstein's 5100. Alcoa Wheels. General Tires. Magnaflow Cat-back. BLHM. Yellow fogs. 13TW5 jl sub. Stewart Decals.
    nope hasnt been asked yet. but yea i did.

4. Jan 25, 2010 at 9:47 PM
    Klipp11

Klipp11 s3

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle:
    '06 DC 4x4 LB
    OME 885 coils, Bilstein 5100 shocks, 1.5" AAL, TC uca's, cab mount chop, 5000k HID heads and fogs, LED tails, satoshi GC w/ Hella 500's mounted behind it with 5000k HID upgrade, Extang solid tri-fold tonneau cover, Yakima roof rack, fog light anytime mod, disable a/c defrost mod
    i know exactly what you're talking about craig. had one when i was a little younger than you and remember all the details to this day. if i could have lucid dreams every night, i wouldn't have a need for any other entertainment.

i was having a dream just like always and suddenly i became aware that everything around me was a fabrication of my mind, all the people and buildings, and that my real body was actually laying in bed asleep!

i started trying to convince my friends in my dream that all this is not real, telling them to try anything they wanted. so i start flying around, it was awesome! they never got it, they just looked confused and never tried anything but i had a blast!

5. Jan 26, 2010 at 1:03 AM
    OneJay

OneJay that non tacoma guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Blackhawke's big spoon
    Vehicle:
    No tacoma. :(
    I've been working on this for a couple of weeks now. Haven't had a lucid one yet though. I did have one back about ten years ago, out of the blue, and I freaked out and woke up. It should be cool once I can get it though.

6. Jan 26, 2010 at 2:30 AM
    TimberT

TimberT Timberlicious

Member:
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 DC
    N-fab Nerfs, Weathertech Liners, Bed Mat, Eibach Springs, AFE Pro Dry filter, Dog slobber
    I experimented with lucid dreaming a few years ago. I had to stop because it crossed a line where I was no longer able to distinguish between lucid dreams and non-lucid reality. I once pulled an all-nighter and installed a satoshi grill, an AAL and coilovers (not sure how - I don't even own a spring compressor) - I thought it was a lucid dream, but no!

7. Jan 26, 2010 at 10:53 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    i have those dreams sometimes but they are extremely rare. i love it when something completely depraved is going on and its so freaky you realize your dreaming then you can do whatever you want. its freaking awesome

8. Jan 26, 2010 at 11:10 AM
    dylandercole

dylandercole Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 TRD 4x4 5-speed
    sway-a-way 2.0 coilovers, 1.5'' AAL, 1'' toytec shackle lift, Go-Rhino 3000 Grille Guard, Kicker KS6502 speakers, JVC KD-S24 Head unit, billstein 5125 rear shocks, Deck Plate mod, K&N air filter, Wheelers offroad front and rear braided brake lines, diff breather mod, power slot rotors, ebc yellow stuff pads
    I agree. those dreams are awsome. you can do anything with no consequences. its pretty sweet.

9. Jan 26, 2010 at 12:24 PM
    dunkhi

dunkhi [OP] CSULB socal

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Sirois
    Southern California. Fountain Valley
    Vehicle:
    09 Ivan Stewart
    Toytec Coilover kit. Bilstein's 5100. Alcoa Wheels. General Tires. Magnaflow Cat-back. BLHM. Yellow fogs. 13TW5 jl sub. Stewart Decals.
    HAHAH YES EXACTLY!! i flew too but i didnt want to say that when i started the thread cause i would be bashed. but i know exactly what ur talking about telling everyone ur dreaming and they dont get it haha.

damn.. i dont want that to happen to me. but i keep doin gmy reality checks and it freaks me out sometimes. like i look at my hands and go alright am i dreaming? nope...

yea so awesome. i had my second one last night. it all started on this little peninsula and i parked my truck there with my friends. the waves started to get loud and started crashing in the the rocks. then the water started pouring and flooding our area but it was a really light blue color water. and i realized " wtf is this, OMG IM DREAMING" and from there on it was lucid mania.

10. Jan 26, 2010 at 12:38 PM
    Toyota Truck

Toyota Truck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prerunnner
    Magnaflow Muffler-TSB springs-Nuvi 265wt-aFe pro dry s filter-Husky Liners-Blue dome light-extra d-rings-OME 90000 sport struts-885 coils-N182 shocks-TSB AAL-LR UCAs-procomp black alloy rims- nitto terra grapplers-20% tint
  11. Jan 26, 2010 at 12:41 PM
    KenpachiZaraki

KenpachiZaraki Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex •﹏•
    Lubbock
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD. 325/275/365 SBD
    ALL POSER- Afe Pro Dry S drop in filter, 3" AP leaf pack, Eibach w/5100's up front, 5100's rear, Fog Light Mod, ABS off mod, Dash Light MOD, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Wicked Flow Bitches MAX Muffler, 4" floods, 20", 43" light bars, 265/75/16 Hankook Dynapro ATm, oil catch can, rear diff breather relocate, Custome Sliders, SOS concepts Front bumper, Demon Eye Mod, backlit TRD emblem on bumper, Morimoto D2S projectors,
    Lol that's great! I've had a few and its always awesome when you get to web-sling whereever the funk you want, or fly or jump over the local football field, or pick up cars like paper, or jump onto buildings cuz you know you can make that jump. Freaking matrix inside my head! :D but a lil of what I do :laugh:

12. Jan 26, 2010 at 12:43 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    lol i had one when i was really young. i was in the game of Candyland. lol

13. Jan 26, 2010 at 12:45 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.

x2. I get crazy deja-vu all the time.

14. Jan 26, 2010 at 12:50 PM
    mntbiker2008

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    i wonder if our moms did acid..or any drug for that matter when they were prego with us? lol :confused:

15. Jan 26, 2010 at 1:06 PM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    The only dreams I've ever had that could even come close to being called lucid-dreams were night-terrors that I used to have. If you've never heard of a night terror, do a Google search. They're scary as a motherfu**er.

I don't know how frequently I had them, but they were always the same. I'm sleeping peacefully when something wakes me up (not really... this is in the dream...) I look around the room and don't really see anything, then notice that the door is cracked. Something (it appears to be a small human, or gremlin or something... it's very shadowy) slips through the door and closes it behind him. At that point, I try to sit up and figure out a way to defend myself, which is when I realize that I'm paralized from the neck down. No matter how hard I try, I can't move anything but my head.

Whatever it is that entered my room just stands at the foot of my bed, staring at me. All I can see is it's eyes and top of its head over my stomach/feet, and I can hear it breathing. Then it starts moving slowly around the foot of the bed and up the side, until it's standing right next to me. I can scream in the dream, which I do...

At this point I'm able to slowly start moving my hands and feet. The feeling is almost like my arms are waking up after being asleep. I can move centimeters at a time, but I'm trying as hard as I can. This is when I have sort of a 'half-realization.' I know that I'm sleeping, but I don't yet realize that it's not real. (I don't know if that makes sense... that's the best way I can describe it.) My dreaming self attempts to make my real-self scream in real life. (People who have been around me when this happens said that I start making noises, like I'm screaming, but muffled). All of the sudden, I actually wake up and jolt/scream for a second. My heart is pounding and I'm sitting in a puddle of sweat.

It's nearly impossible to go to sleep after one. I found myself turning the lights on and trying to sleep with them on. Imagine... an 18yr old sleeping w/ the lights on b/c he's afraid of the dark.

Seriously, it's terrifying every single time. It's much less common when somebody else is in the room. (I can't remember having more than one when I had a roommate in college, and I haven't had one since I've been married.)

Anyway, I don't know why I felt the need to share that. I've thought about trying the lucid dream thing b/c it would be awesome, but I'm hesitant b/c of the terrors I used to have. I don't want to invite more, you know?

16. Jan 26, 2010 at 1:13 PM
    mntbiker2008

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    yeh man. i had those when i was like 4-5 years old. id be screaming and my parents would try waking me up and id be hitting them. I even made my mom bleed i scratched her so good. glad i dont have those anymore.

17. Jan 26, 2010 at 1:24 PM
    Flynn Diesel

Flynn Diesel Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    •BFG AT KO 285/70/17, XD Addict 17x9, Light Racing UCA’s, Billstein 5100’s, OME 885’s, Toytec AAL, Seat Belt warning disable, Grill Craft Black MX Upper & Lower Grill, VisionX 55/65 watt xenon Low/High Beam lights. FOG Light only Mod. Tailgate theft prevention mod. Wet Okole armrest mod. Redline Hood Struts, Weathertech floor liners. AMP Bed Extender. Wet Okole Seat Covers. Pioneer P4200DVD
    Had some similar experiences when I was younger. Never heard of lucid dreams but now I'm interested. I'll have to do some research. I had a night terror that I'll never for get and another experience similar to a lucid dream that I can't explain and won't even try to.

18. Jan 26, 2010 at 1:55 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    i've had similar dreams but as far as i know i've never moved in real life. but that paralyzed feeling sucks. i tried taking ativan for my insomnia and every night i took it i dreamed someone was in my room stealing my stuff or standing over me with a knife or some kind of weapon. i hate it

19. Jan 26, 2010 at 2:01 PM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    Who's Lucy?:eek:

20. Jan 26, 2010 at 2:11 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...

Products Discussed in

To Top