1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Had to get mean with Trugreen

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Polymerhead, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Mar 27, 2011 at 7:03 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    No way!!!

First impressions mean a lot and if that jackass was pushy.....I wouldn't give them any business either!!! Cross them OFF your list!

I know exactly what you mean...my yard is pathetic and I'm currently researching lawn companies to give me quotes. I had two quotes last week and 2-3 more this week. I hate when they come out and give you quotes. They remind me of pushy salesman.

I had an appointment with company A (Clean Cut) on Thursday at 4:45. Nobody showed up. THere was a bruchure on the door from another company. Well...Company B (Weedman) calls me at 5:15 and says, I was there at 4:15 and nobody was home. He asks "Did you get our quote?"
    So...I'm like....I saw the brochure on the door but I didn't look at it!!!!
    I was expecting another company (Clean Cut) to show up and AT 4:45pm!!!!

Am I supposed to read minds? Nobody told me to expect Weedman to show up and....there's a reason why I made the appointment at 4:45 because WE WOULDN'T BE AT HOME!! DUH!!

So, crossing them off the list also!! NEXT.....
    The first appointment (WiseGrass) was a little on the expensive side but very professional, down to earth, appeared honest....so far, he's the front runner.

2. Mar 27, 2011 at 7:15 AM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    I always answer the door with my underwear on the outside of my jeans, a slayer shirt, a mouthfull of nestles quick and a football helmet. The conversation usually never gets past "Is your mommy home"?

3. Mar 27, 2011 at 7:17 AM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    fuck yard care. rent.

4. Mar 27, 2011 at 7:20 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Fuck pissing away money for nothing. I spend about 50 bucks a year on supplies and a few hours every other week working on the yard...It's relaxing for me.

5. Mar 27, 2011 at 7:26 AM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

Renting wastes no money compared to home ownership on a purely yearly basis.

The idea that houses are assets is misleading because someone has to want to buy them, which, as evidenced over the past couple years is not always the case.

When you combine annual property taxes, money spent on maintenance materials, apply your hourly rate from work to time spent performing maintenance, your water/waste bills, you arrive at the same yearly figure, within a few hundred bucks, as my annual rent costs.

So essentially, homeowners and I are out the same amount of cash each year we'll never get back. They have an item they may be able to sell for a substantial sum if the market is right. I have more free time and keep my money up front because I pay no property tax or maintenance costs, less utilities, and my rent is about half to 1/3rd the typical mortgage in this area.

It evens out. And I don't like doing lawncare.

6. Mar 27, 2011 at 7:36 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I don't agree at all about being within a few 100 bucks...I save a SIGNIFICANT amount by paying a mortgage, taxes, maint, and all my utilities over when I was renting in the same market area. And a yearly basis is only ONE way of looking at it...a short sighted way at that.

And perspective matters...It is an asset if a person 1) intends on staying some where...You will pay rent FOREVER. I will pay a mortgage for 30 years (worst case- reality about 14) and then have a significant boost in monthly case flow. or 2) live in a high traffic area (like a military town) where it can be sold or rented without issues...and the market here is doing just fine.
    If you plan on moving alot or live in a depressed housing market...Then ya...It might not be an asset right now. Even that- If something takes a negative turn doesn't mean it is blanket not an asset....Market matters and time changes markets...as the past few years have shown.

7. Mar 27, 2011 at 7:58 AM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    That would just tell me the rental properties in your market are, by and large, overpriced. I probably just wouldn't move there.

Which is why my argument leaves your mortgage payment out of the equation entirely. My rent = your property tax/maintenance costs/time to perform maintenance.

The combined value is about even if the rentals in your area aren't talking out their asses in terms of price. This is literally how I shop rental properties.

But then, if they are overpriced, I guess they can just subsist off stupids.

See above. The mortgage payment is immaterial here. The renter keeps that "extra cashflow" up front because they never have to part with it.

Agreed - it's incredibly market dependent. Renting isn't, other than price, and THAT is it's big advantage - predictability.

8. Mar 27, 2011 at 8:02 AM
    AndrewFalk

AndrewFalk Science!

Member:
    The North East
    Vehicle:
    2010 5 speed 5 lug
    :)
    Same here. The mere fact that you came to my house and bothered me, means I will never do business with your company...or vote for you.

9. Mar 27, 2011 at 8:43 AM
    Tacoyota

Tacoyota senile member

Member:
    North of Cali, South of Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    4.56 gears, rear trutrac,DT header, 235/85r16 Duratracs, 2nd filter pulled, inter.wipers, Cruise control, Factory alum. whls/winter tires(2nd set), Afe pro Dry-S , Dumbo eared flaps cut down.
    You peon's have it wrong . You do nothing ,while they are out working hard to make america better. They are entitled to the money you hoard.They are smarter than you , so fall for thier lies,who are you to argue with them. You suckered your boss into hiring you , and you dare leverage money from company. They are a business , theyre just taking your ill gotten salary/profit,and returning it to business, they are like robin hood see. So man up and woman up and do your peonic duty and return your money. You would just squander it otherwise, they will do the right thing with it. :mad:

Well, thats how I see thier mentality at least, hope i didnt get ya too pissed.:D

For alarm companies, accuse them of casing your house for theft and tell them you are calling the police(non emergency#) , tell the officer they keep asking what alarm you have and refuse to leave,say something like "they scare me ,I had to go into my house and they still didnt leave".

10. Mar 27, 2011 at 9:04 AM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    I dont trust these lawn service company's. I had a local one doing mine for about 6 mts. My brother recomended them and said they did great work, his yard looked great so I went with them. Eventually found out they were charging me as much to do just my front yard as he was being charged for his entire yard. I didn't have grass in the back yet, new home sodded front nothing in the back, you know the drill. Anyway, I cancelled them after never seeing the results my brother had. Then had trouble with a bill dispute. Was off work this one day and heard a truck outside, didn't think much of it. Just thought it was fed ex next door or something. After getting out of the shower took my dog out for a walk before I left the house for a little while and found another sign in the yard stating lawn had just been treated by them. Mind you when I heard the truck outside, it was only there for a couple of minutes. I know this because my dog barks every time anyone is near. He only barked for 2-3 minutes tops. Also I didn't see any of the granuels spread in the yard as usual. So of course they sent me a bill and I refused to pay it! :mad: I had cancelled 3 months prior! We went round and round with everyone telling me I just needed to pay it because they would turn it in and it would put a mark on my credit, not worth it. I'm too stubburn for that! If I did it now they could just do it again. But after raising hell with them on the phone for about 5 different times they finally dropped it. They claimed when I called to cancel they had changed employees and it didn't get documented as it was supposed to. Another time same story as they had changed over to new computers and my cancelation got lost in transition.

Point of the story is how can you prove they even do the work? They could just stick the sign out and send a bill. I do my own now. Bought a spreader from Home Depot and buy my own weed and feed and it is cheaper.

11. Mar 27, 2011 at 9:06 AM
    coylifut

coylifut Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    tk
    portland or
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DBC LB
    Weather Techs, Wet Okoles, cbi rear bumper with swingout
    the fact that you had an emotional reaction to someone else leaving your property mad just means that you still have a heart. don't worry, over time you'll be reduced to a mean heartless asshole bastard like the rest of us.

seriously though, I have a sign that says "no soliciting except neighborhood kids" adjacent to my front door. I keep an envelope of money in a cupboard and if your kid comes to my door selling something, I'm buying it. the most overpriced item i've bought is a bag of carmel corn from a boy scout. It was $20.

Yep. I'm a sucker for your kid selling me shit at my front door because I remember walking up and down the streets of my neighborhood doing the same. However, if a D to D salesman, JW or anyone else comes to my door, I'm a COMPLETE PRICK and they'll never come back. I call it balance.

12. Mar 27, 2011 at 9:15 AM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    Agreed!

13. Mar 27, 2011 at 9:23 AM
    MrFastLayne

MrFastLayne Mr SGA

Member:
    First Name:
    Layne
    Lincoln Ca,
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 SR5 V6 Off Road
    Lift,Winch,Shell,Light Bar,Siren,Radio's
    Sounds like that sales man was an ASSH&*% . I love haveing a locked gate 10 acres & Dog's.:D

14. Mar 27, 2011 at 5:35 PM
    LeftyTom

LeftyTom Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yadkinville NC
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma AccessCab, 2WD, 5spd, SR5
    this + 100

Products Discussed in

To Top