1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Haiti

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by jefferson, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Jan 25, 2010 at 1:40 PM
    ToucanV13

ToucanV13 You think I was rollin out here naked?

Member:
    San Diego and Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Infideled out TRD Sport 4X4
    285/70 Hankook AT-M, Window vents, TRD CAI, TRD Cat-back exhaust with WickedFlow can, AFE Throttle Body Spacer, Billy 5100 @ 2.5 and 1" block rear, RBP nerf bars, Halo HIDs, 20% tint up front
    ^x2
    I just think it's sad that even before the telethon, $150mil was raised in 4 days; yet only $100mil for Katrina victims (who still need help and are displaced). Where are the other power nations to help us in times of need? We may be a "super power" but even the we need a hand sometimes. Awesome too, to see the us get blamed for not responding fast enough? Sorry last time I checked,it took a little bit of time to organize logistics. I realize this may offend some and not be the popular view, and although I am very sorry for what happened to Haiti and it's people, but I feel like Lady Liberty's back is broken will all the help we offer and get nothing back in return. People may chant USA but it's far too shortlived. Did not mean to offend anyone, just my .02.

2. Jan 25, 2010 at 2:25 PM
    jefferson

jefferson [OP] needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired

Yes.. we all have our feelings about what should and shouldn’t be done in these kinds of situations, but we (as well as the rest of the world) have a responsibility to help a 3rd world country that was completely devastated. Yes - Katrina decimated one of our favorite cities and displaced a lot of our own people, and YES it was totally messed up the way our government dealt with it.. but aren't you guys at least somewhat proud of how American's as well as the rest of the world came to aid in this particular tragedy?

These people cannot help themselves. Period. They couldn't help themselves when they weren't devastated... I do wish Katrina victims got more help, and wish they still were receiving that help.. however, this is such a serious situation in so many ways; they really can use any and all help they can get..

Truth is, we will never get anything back from the Haitians, and we shouldn’t expect it.. or even wish for it. They have absolutely nothing to give. This gives them a chance to rebuild a infrastructure that could actually pull them out of 3rd world status.. We should be proud that our government is helping even when we are in a time of need ourselves. I’m proud of all the American’s who are in financial trouble themselves who also said “I’ll give $5 because I can” considering these people lived off of less than a dollar a day. These actions make me proud to say I am an American.

Please though, don’t take this as an attack however – this is my .02 as well and thank you for yours :)

3. Jan 25, 2010 at 2:44 PM
    ToucanV13

ToucanV13 You think I was rollin out here naked?

Member:
    San Diego and Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Infideled out TRD Sport 4X4
    285/70 Hankook AT-M, Window vents, TRD CAI, TRD Cat-back exhaust with WickedFlow can, AFE Throttle Body Spacer, Billy 5100 @ 2.5 and 1" block rear, RBP nerf bars, Halo HIDs, 20% tint up front
    Touche and well said good sir!

4. Jan 28, 2010 at 10:59 AM
    jefferson

jefferson [OP] needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
  5. Jan 28, 2010 at 11:06 AM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
To Top