1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Halo Projector CCFL vs Regular

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by Cobhc, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Nov 13, 2008 at 1:52 PM
    Cobhc

Cobhc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    California
    Interior: Ecometer, Pioneer Avic F-900BT. Under The Hood: TRD Cold Air Intake, Painted Engine Cover. Exterior: Heavy Tints, OEM Roof Rack, Painted Wheels, Dual Exhaust Flowmaster 50 Series, Tail Light Guards, Avid LightBar with KC 775 Lights, BakFlip F1 Tonneau Cover, AMP Research Bed Xtender HD, OEM Bed Mat, GoRhino Hitch Step, Vent Visors, Blacked Out Emblems, 3" Carbon Fiber Antenna...
    Ok so there are 2 different types of Halo Projector headlights for the toyota tacoma. One is a regular Halo projector that is not compatible with HIDs. The other is CCFL (cold cathode fluorescent lamps). These are compatible with HIDs. Can you guys give me some input as to which one I should get, which one would work better overall, or what the advantages are of having one as opposed to the other? I personally think the non-CCFL looks nicer but I would like to have HIDs or at least something close to HIDs.

2. Nov 13, 2008 at 2:14 PM
    X-Travagant

X-Travagant Vacuum Leaks

Member:
    E-City, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 Supercharged X -Runner
    Vacuum leak and a baby seat
    CCFL are much brighter and sharper looking just FYI....what year truck?

3. Nov 13, 2008 at 2:19 PM
    Cobhc

Cobhc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    California
    Interior: Ecometer, Pioneer Avic F-900BT. Under The Hood: TRD Cold Air Intake, Painted Engine Cover. Exterior: Heavy Tints, OEM Roof Rack, Painted Wheels, Dual Exhaust Flowmaster 50 Series, Tail Light Guards, Avid LightBar with KC 775 Lights, BakFlip F1 Tonneau Cover, AMP Research Bed Xtender HD, OEM Bed Mat, GoRhino Hitch Step, Vent Visors, Blacked Out Emblems, 3" Carbon Fiber Antenna...
    2008 TRD Sport. Indigo Ink.

Products Discussed in

To Top