1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Haltech E8 install- anyone done it yet?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by LOCOTACOMA, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Dec 10, 2008 at 4:19 PM
    LOCOTACOMA

LOCOTACOMA [OP] TEchnology in Motion

Member:
    TEMECULA, CA
    Vehicle:
    99 5 LUG LONG TRAVEL TURBO MINI TACOMA
    Total chaos long travel, Sway A Way 2.5 coil overs, and bi passes, fully built 2rz with LC turbo head, Forced performance 20g Turbo, Turbo smart BOV,wastegate, and FPR. Haltech E8 standalone with all the goodies. I dont want to list all the mods will take to long.
    Hey all- I am an off road chaser for SCORE events and I have a 5 lug mini tacoma that I have built into my prerunner. It is running the 2rz motor and I have now fully built the bottom and top ends and added a turbo system and a HALTECH E8 standalone. I am using the auto trans with some heavy duty mods but its still the tacoma auto trans that is run through the ECU. I have piggy backed the HALTECH off the factory ECU and its running. I am wondering if anyone has done this yet and if they would be willing to chat with me about tuning and any hick ups that I may run into. Let me know. Thanks in advance

2. Dec 10, 2008 at 4:40 PM
    beehunt

beehunt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, Ca
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD Sport Black Sand Pearl
    3in Level kit
    :worthless:

Show us some sick pics of this build man I dont have any input for your situation but i would love to see it...

3. Dec 10, 2008 at 6:11 PM
    Monkeysuncle

Monkeysuncle My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma SR5 4x4 5 speed Manual Hubs
    Diff Breather,CB thingy,GPS,Cop Shocks,Cop Brakes, old Man Emu 881's Dakar Leaf Springs and Nitro sport shocks. Deck Plate mod
    piggybacked the whats-it off the whos-it huh?

4. Dec 10, 2008 at 6:15 PM
    dually

dually Low and slow

Member:
    Interstate underpass
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno SR5 DCLB
    SpeedFreek on Customtacos used a Halltech i believe.

5. Dec 16, 2008 at 1:03 PM
    LOCOTACOMA

Member:
    TEMECULA, CA
    Vehicle:
    Total chaos long travel, Sway A Way 2.5 coil overs, and bi passes, fully built 2rz with LC turbo head, Forced performance 20g Turbo, Turbo smart BOV,wastegate, and FPR. Haltech E8 standalone with all the goodies. I dont want to list all the mods will take to long.
    Thank you for the little input so far. I will upload more pics to my profile, but you can see the full front end pic with the intercooler and full turbo system and all on my profile. or hit me up on myspace locotacoma is my screen name.
    I didnt mean to toss out big words and what not... Basicly the stock trans requires the stock ECU so you have to piggy back off of the stock ECU and make it just control the Trans. The HALTECH does all other functions. Its a pain in the ass! I am a die hard toy guy and I dont want to swap the trans to a chevy or ford even though I know that is all it would take to make this all work. Its the stupid electronicly controlled trans!!! Thanks again. Any more info would be great

Haltech Stand alone Engine Management System.jpg
    Money shot 2.jpg

6. Dec 16, 2008 at 1:04 PM
    taconinja

taconinja Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    08 Base 4X4
    Can't you just put a 5 speed in it?

7. Dec 16, 2008 at 1:12 PM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    wow, sick ride!

8. Dec 16, 2008 at 1:32 PM
    LOCOTACOMA

Member:
    TEMECULA, CA
    Vehicle:
    I dont want a 5 speed at all! I have it working with this trans but I am just looking for info on tunning tips and to see if anyone else has done this so I can learn from them and make fewer mistakes.
    Truck starts and I can drive it up and down the street all day but I was told that is a good sign but not a done deal. There could be small issues in the wiring that can make tuning a huge problem. Like I said just wondering if anyone can help.
    I just posted some pics, no action pics on my profile. I will get some more from before the motor build up ASAP. Thanks in advance for any help.

Products Discussed in

To Top