1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HAPPY & SATISFIED CUSTOMER!!!

Discussion in 'ToyTec Lifts' started by Tactical Tacoma, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Jul 23, 2012 at 6:55 PM
    Tactical Tacoma

Tactical Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    ARB air compressor, ARB rear air locker, sPOD switch panel in sunglass holder, OME Front & rear shocks, 885x coils, Dakar leaf springs, Icon tubular UCA's, Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust, aFe Pro Dry, TRD Sport wheels powder coated anthracite, FJ TRD center caps, Thule roof rack, 886 fog lights for reverse light mod, CSjumper LED DTRL's, Nokya Yellow fogs, plastidipped lower valence, Weathertechs, Wet Okoles. And MANY MORE MODS, READ BUILD!
    So after much debate between OME, ICON and The Toytec ULK, I finally pulled the trigger and bought the full OME Kit with the 885x coils and the Toytec/Deaver 1.5" TSB AAL. I felt this kit was most applicable to my current and long term need (light offroading and trailing on fire roads in the National Forests and BLM areas.) Maybe in the future when the truck is not so new and shinny, and I am ready to start beating her up a bit, I'll upgrade to a full Icon long travel kit. But for now, this kit did more then I needed. It looks great, rides amazing and was/is priced right. Of course, it helps that I know how to do the installs myself and can save some change in that area.

I installed the kit this Sunday (07/22/12) by myself. Install took me about 6 hours (that's with multiple breaks, since its like 100*+ here in Dallas). I LOVE THIS KIT! Thanks to Amber and Dylan, I got all the answers and info I needed. Not to mention I got plenty of info from this forum.

Thank you Toytec, for doing what you do, and doing it well. Also thanks for giving us TW members a discount. I will always point others in your direction. Your prices are good, service is amazing and the shipping was reasonable and fast. I look forward to doing more business with you in the future.

Kit arrived fast and well packed (this is unpacked of course)
    [​IMG]

After install stance
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jul 24, 2012 at 4:23 PM
    Foihdzas

Foihdzas What is hummingbird?

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    B.C Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl Cab 5' Box
    Extra fog lights behind grill, Pro Form rubberized undercoat, Fog lights on w/ high beams mod, Lighted 4wd switch, Husky Liners, 12v always on, Yellow wire mod, DEVIL HORNS BABY!! OME 885's Nitrochargers w/ 1.5" AAL with 1" lift block, Redline hood struts, front/rear winch wiring, Blue Sea systems Fuse Block, Spidertrax spacers, Wet Okle seat covers, ECGS front diff Bering Replacement
    S**t yea! That's the setup I went with, and I am super happy with the results! Great on the pavement, and awesome on the washboard forest service roads

3. Jul 27, 2012 at 1:16 PM
    kodybradford

kodybradford Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kody
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport 4dr Long Taco
    Did you have to mess with replacing UCA's or did the alignment match up without the hassle of doing so?

4. Aug 11, 2012 at 11:12 PM
    NativeTaco

NativeTaco Soaking up the summertime...

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '08 Double Cab LB V6 Silver
    ARB, OME, BAMF, ATO, Rigid, more... Mountain Man Limousine
    X2 I've heard both, but I'm not able to get UCAs right now so I won't worry. Oh and I had a question, did your LCAs hang all the way down when you disconnected your ball joint on the spindle? I just installed some trd OR shocks and springs on my sr5 and had a tough time getting them in there because even after disconnecting everything from my LCA, it still didnt want to hang low enough to get another shock/spring in. Now that I have the lift I'm afraid that I won't e able to get the longer assembly in. Guess in a long way I just want to know if your LCA hangs down, of if you have to apply some pressure to the LCA or shock or both to install them? Did you leave your sway bar connected with the 885s?

To Top