1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hard Rock Ocala April 2014, interest gauging thread

Discussion in 'Florida' started by GuyHuey, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Apr 26, 2014 at 4:52 AM
    michaelrussell

michaelrussell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    belleview,FL
    Vehicle:
    09 prerunner sr5 2.7 / 5 speed
    lots of stuff done more to do
    Bring the Tahoe

2. Apr 26, 2014 at 3:29 PM
    GuyHuey

GuyHuey [OP] Up is difficult. Down is dangerous.

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Holiday, Florida
    Vehicle:
    89 4Runner, 2020 MGM TRDOR 4X4
    Ball joint spacers and lift blocks, am I doing it right?
    Pretty sure the driver side Birf or hub gear is toast. Something is very wrong with my steering too, got all the way to drop Riaz off and something popped, I could hardly turn right after that. Thankfully we got home. I'll pull the front end apart in a few days and see how bad $$$ it is.

Had a great time with wheeling with everyone, pics and videos to come.

GH

3. Apr 26, 2014 at 4:42 PM
    GuyHuey

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Holiday, Florida
    Vehicle:
  4. Apr 26, 2014 at 4:43 PM
    GuyHuey

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Holiday, Florida
    Vehicle:
  5. Apr 26, 2014 at 4:44 PM
    GuyHuey

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Holiday, Florida
    Vehicle:
  6. Apr 26, 2014 at 4:45 PM
    GuyHuey

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Holiday, Florida
    Vehicle:
  7. Apr 26, 2014 at 4:47 PM
    GuyHuey

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Holiday, Florida
    Vehicle:
  8. Apr 26, 2014 at 4:57 PM
    xweslingx

xweslingx Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Durham, NC
    Vehicle:
    09DCSB locked and armored
    Just gussets... everywhere
    Sweet pics I'll have to make it to the next one.

Is that Chris Sniders ranger in one of the pics?!

9. Apr 26, 2014 at 4:57 PM
    Taco No Baka

Taco No Baka Interco Tire Snob

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    1998 SR5 Xtra Cab 4WD V6 Spartan Package
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    Yeah, it was a really great day. Had a scare myself. Thought I popped a CV, but it turned out to be a false alarm. The Odd Green Taco put in an outstanding performance today. It was a lot of fun.

Only dark spot was Guy breaking his frontend. That sucked.

Glad you guys made it home okay though, Guy. Hope it turns out to be the best case scenaro, whatever that might be, and doesn't break the bank to fix it.

Rick got a lot of video today. Either he or I will post them here once he gets them uploaded.

10. Apr 26, 2014 at 5:12 PM
    GuyHuey

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Holiday, Florida
    Vehicle:
    How was the B-Pit?

11. Apr 26, 2014 at 5:19 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    Insane, but it was a lot of fun as well. Definitely a lot more intense than Hardrock. :eek:

Didn't get much video of it due to a camera issue, but I think Rick took a little with his phone.

We also ran across a trio of Jeeps in the aftermath of one of them rolling down a hill. Nobody hurt or any serious damage, but the jeep that had rolled was doing a fine impression of a mosquito fogger. :D

12. Apr 26, 2014 at 6:22 PM
    4banger4x4

4banger4x4 Probably should'nt have done that.

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Whorelando, Fl
    At least you got home. And you gotta come to B pit next time. Crazy out there.

13. Apr 26, 2014 at 6:23 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    No rack. He's running a regular steering box.

Edit: Maybe a piece of shattered birf binding up in the knuckle?

14. Apr 26, 2014 at 6:25 PM
    4banger4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Whorelando, Fl
    Yup. Pushes that thing pretty hard. Broke two hubs. But ill give mike fussle and his xj for the award for hardest run rig.

15. Apr 26, 2014 at 6:33 PM
    4banger4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Whorelando, Fl
    I made that first comment because I thought it was you saying that. Didnt realize it was guys post

I developed a scratching noise on my way home. Seems like rmps doesnt affect it, only happens when driving. Doesnt always make the noise, even doing 70. Im gonna pull the wheels off tomorrow and clean my brakes and hope the noise is just something in my brakes

16. Apr 26, 2014 at 6:35 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    No contest there, haha. That guy was like "Full speed ahead and damn the torpedos". :eek:

17. Apr 26, 2014 at 6:39 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, had something like that happen to me the last time I went to Hardrock and A-pit. Turned out I had a small piece of glass caught between my dust shield and break rotor. Didn't make the sound on the way home, but I guess the next day when everything dried out it came loose and may a horrible racket.

I had to listen to the inner fender liners I tore loose rattling against the tire all the way home. :D

18. Apr 26, 2014 at 7:08 PM
    4banger4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Whorelando, Fl
    yeah i hope its something simple. i picked up some brake cleaner on the way home, and i have to readjust my ebrake cable and possibly my rear drums. the ebrake doesnt grab anymore, i have no idea why the mud always does that to the ebrake

19. Apr 27, 2014 at 9:46 AM
    brian65oh

brian65oh Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Nor Cal (currently stationed in Jax beach FL)
    Vehicle:
    05 pre runner
    camburg long travel w/ race runner 2.5x8 co Deaver springs spintech race muffler kn cold air intake
    bunch of my friends with jeeps, said they saw some TW guys yesterday. Did any of you see a group of jeeps(white 4d on 37's with king coilovers on all 4 corners, says domino 1 on his hood.)

20. Apr 27, 2014 at 9:59 AM
    4banger4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Whorelando, Fl
    cant say it was your friends or not but we pulled up on 3 jeeps. White, Silver, and a black one that rolled.

Products Discussed in

To Top