1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Harder to shift.

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Beeson, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Jul 31, 2011 at 12:37 AM
    Beeson

Beeson [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    '96 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    33" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 15" Unique Steelie rims, Allpro wheel spacers, Heavy Old Man Emu coils, struts, shocks, leaf springs, Daystar 1" spacer, Camburg UCAs, 1" diff drop, NO sway bar, Allpro sliders, Allpro Rear bumper, Bushwacker fender flares, Tire Gate with spare, ARB Deluxe bumper with Hella 700s and 100w bulbs, 100w lights under frame pointed at tires, 50w lights on bumper for reverse, K&N Drycharger with cover, Flowmaster cat-back with custom 2-out exhast, DeeZee tool box, Huskey Liners, 5% window tint, JVC iPhone/CB compatable deck, Bazooka sub, sony speakers, Uniden CB w/4 ft. anntenna, Dixie Horn.
    Recently my manual transmission has become a little bit harder to push into gear than it always has been. It's really not too bad, but it is annoying the heck out of me because it's like there is now a little point where you have to give it a little harder push like right when it's halfway between being in neutral and being fully in gear. I just changed my transmission oil and replaced the shifter bushing, just to knock out the easy little things that could possibly contribute. Other than that, the clutch was replaced only about 25,000 miles ago and there is no clutch slippage or anything like that,and I am out of ideas as to what might be causing it!! I was hoping someone else might have a few.

2. Jul 31, 2011 at 1:21 AM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
    Throw back bearing?

3. Jul 31, 2011 at 1:53 AM