1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hardrock off-road April trip

Discussion in 'Florida' started by allenfab, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Apr 17, 2017 at 5:25 PM
    Rattletrap66

Rattletrap66 (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Tampa, FL ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off Road DCSB
    ╭∩╮(ಠ۝ಠ)╭∩╮
    with that said I got you on the list

NABeast[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Apr 17, 2017 at 5:25 PM
    gainman

gainman Semper Fi

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Supercharged Manual
    Stuff
    Hey I didn't back down either!

Rattletrap66[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Apr 17, 2017 at 5:25 PM
    Rattletrap66

Rattletrap66 (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Tampa, FL ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off Road DCSB
    ╭∩╮(ಠ۝ಠ)╭∩╮
    @allenfab , copy this in the OP when you get a chance

4. Apr 17, 2017 at 5:26 PM
    Rattletrap66

Rattletrap66 (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Tampa, FL ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off Road DCSB
    ╭∩╮(ಠ۝ಠ)╭∩╮
    :rolleyes:

5. Apr 17, 2017 at 5:26 PM
    gainman

gainman Semper Fi

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    Stuff
    Did you put this in Florida tacomas?

6. Apr 17, 2017 at 5:26 PM
    NABeast

NABeast Un-Sub’d

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 4wD
    ImMrYo mirror bracket. A/C, P/W, PDL, Tilt, Cruise, AM/FM CD
    I was just going to tag me. Cool

7. Apr 17, 2017 at 5:27 PM
    gainman

gainman Semper Fi

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    Stuff
    I just had to find a line that worked with open Diffs, which I did. I stayed at the top the whole time!

8. Apr 17, 2017 at 5:29 PM
    Rattletrap66

Rattletrap66 (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Tampa, FL ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off Road DCSB
    ╭∩╮(ಠ۝ಠ)╭∩╮
    Lol yea that works!

9. Apr 17, 2017 at 5:29 PM
    Rattletrap66

Rattletrap66 (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Tampa, FL ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off Road DCSB
    ╭∩╮(ಠ۝ಠ)╭∩╮
    No, debating on it. I guess if we have a big group we can split into two

10. Apr 17, 2017 at 5:36 PM
    Taco No Baka

Taco No Baka Interco Tire Snob

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    1998 SR5 Xtra Cab 4WD V6 Spartan Package
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    I'm still a "maybe", haha. Still haven't gotten the OGT in for an alignment. Gonna try to take care of that this week and then I should be able to commit one way or the other. :rolleyes: Lily White said he can't go. I think the wife forbid it because we make him spend more $$$ on "that damn truck". :D So no dedicated videographer for this trip. :(

BTW, Frank, I'm diggin' the new sig pic. :thumbsup:

11. Apr 17, 2017 at 5:55 PM
    Rattletrap66

Rattletrap66 (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Tampa, FL ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off Road DCSB
    ╭∩╮(ಠ۝ಠ)╭∩╮
    Lol thanks! It has something to do with another thread

And although I liked your post I dislike the fact that Rick can't come

12. Apr 17, 2017 at 6:01 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    Ya, I know. His wife forbidding him was just me reading between the lines since he gave me the same excuse--pretty much verbatim--as he gave me when he bowed out of the Annual Meet. At least I tried. :notsure:

13. Apr 18, 2017 at 4:27 AM
    allenfab

allenfab [OP] I hate everything

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Lakeland, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 5-lug on one tons
    Done :thumbsup:

14. Apr 18, 2017 at 9:48 AM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Welp...I bit the bullet and took the OGT in to have it aligned. I was a little nervous because I took it some place new...The Tire Choice in Carrollwood...but they seemed to have done a decent job. No more nasty pull to the right.

Haha, I'm sorry to say I was slightly reassured to find the guy working on it was old as dirt. I know that doesn't mean anything. Old guys can be hacks too, but this one apparently wasn't. Even better, I paid about the same as I was paying the other place and the alignment is good for a year where as at the other place it was only good for 90 days. They also got it in as soon as I got there and they got it done fast.

As an added bonus, it seems that the work Todd and I did on my rear axle corrected the alignment on the rear axle which was about 2-3* out. Now it's only .3 out of square. So huzzah! for me and Todd! We rock!

Now I just have to put that heavy ass skid plate back on and I'll be ready for Hardrock.

I still have an issue with my left front brake grabbing, but I think I'm gonna have to get new rotors and pads to correct that so I'll probably have to live with it for a while.

Rattletrap66 and GuyHuey like this.
  15. Apr 18, 2017 at 11:39 AM
    allenfab

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Lakeland, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 5-lug on one tons
    I've got my stock rotors, and calipers on the shelf. I am not sure how old the rotors are but I am fairly certain they are newer. They are yours for nothing if you want them.

Taco No Baka[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Apr 18, 2017 at 11:56 AM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Cool, I'll take ya up on that. :hattip: I still wanna upgrade to some drilled and slotted rotors, but in the interim those will probably make my life a little more comfortable...and the calipers would definitely be welcome since there is an outside possibility that one of my calipers might be sticky and might be the source of the issue.

Throw'em in the truck and bring'em to Hardrock and I'll grab them from ya. :thumbsup:

I got an interesting ideer for a tire gate I wanna run by ya as well. It's something that should make it easier for us old bastiches with effed up joints and backs...and for folks that like to work smarter not harder. :D It may make you wanna redo yours...yet again. :cool:

allenfab[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  17. Apr 18, 2017 at 1:46 PM
    FlyinRyan893

FlyinRyan893 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    15 TRDOR DCSB 4X4 6MT
    2" lift. 37s SCS F5s
    Put me on as a maybe. If I'm not working I'll be there.

allenfab[OP] likes this.
  18. Apr 18, 2017 at 2:34 PM
    allenfab

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Lakeland, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 5-lug on one tons
    Remind me again when the time comes closer. I am tired of stepping over these things :rolleyes:

I am actually thinking of getting rid of my tiregate. I am about at the point where this will be mostly a trailered rig, so I won't need to carry a bunch of parts and coolers and stuff in the bed to where I have to mount the tire on the gate. But you know me, something is right if I ain't tinkering with something constantly lol

19. Apr 18, 2017 at 7:32 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    I wouldn't get rid of it, especially with the sort of stuff you want to do with it. If you slice the sidewall out of your tire when you're halfway up the mountain and your tow rig is down at the bottom, 2 or 3 hours away, it'd be nice to have your spare right there with ya...along with your spare u-joints, driveshaft, and axles--just in case. :thumbsup:

I'm working on drawing the idea up a bit. I'll PM ya if I manage to make a decent rendering. :cool:

And will do on the reminder. :thumbsup: :hattip:

20. Apr 19, 2017 at 8:27 AM
    allenfab

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Lakeland, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 5-lug on one tons
    Oh no, I will still be carrying the spare, it will just be laying in the bed flat instead of on the tire gate. Since I won't have my boxes of camping shit and a huge cooler taking up that space anymore.

Products Discussed in

To Top