1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Harrassment

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by sammy87, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Aug 21, 2013 at 2:45 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat "Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."

Member:
    First Name:
    Chaz
    Nebraska/South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    93 Pickup 4x4 [22R-E] 5MT
    OME suspension, LCE Performance parts, Konigs, etc. [see build]
    Bingo.

Much better idea than the wait in a dark alley thing. Sounds like the smartest thing to do. Document everything, get letters from those who will cooperate, and wait it out. 6 weeks isn't all that long.

2. Aug 21, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    HIYota

HIYota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Angel
    Key West, FL originally Kauai, HI
    Vehicle:
    09 Silver 6 spd TRD Sport DCSB 4x4
    Fox 2.5 ext travel coilovers w/700# King Coils, Desert Products uniball UCAs, AllPro 3" leafs, Fox rear resi's, ext brake lines, Weathertech digifits front and back, B.A.M.F. sliders & LCA skids, full set of ATO skids, Aero Turbine 2525XL, LED dome, map and license plate lights, URD Short Throw Shifter, Brute Force Fab front plate bumper, Satoshi, BlueInstinct console and door handle covers, TRS D2S HID retrofit, aFe Pro dry-s air filter, TonnoPro Tonneau cover, Pop&Lock, Yellow wire mod, Wet Okole seat covers, 17" SCS SR8 rims, more to come.
    Yup, not long at all. May seem that way with all the crap you're dealing with but just keep the fact you'll have your own home soon in mind. I've dealt with complaints before and have documented everything. Worked out well. Especially when I got complaints about parties cause I was young. Key there is I was working overnight. Some people are on this Earth just to make others lives miserable.

3. Aug 21, 2013 at 2:55 PM
    TailDrag

TailDrag Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cop is full of shit. Call your local animal control and ask them. Nuisance dogs can cause fines to owners but it isn't cut and dry like he stated.

4. Aug 21, 2013 at 3:00 PM
    sammy87

sammy87 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    co
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD SPORT 4X4
    Yeah that's what I thought. They called animal control a while ago. It was the first nice day of spring, I took my dog for a hike, got home and the officer was leaving a note on my door. Neighbors were complaining about other dogs but just used us.

Plus if only 1 person is complaining, can you really justify a fine? Seems pretty 1 sided.

5. Aug 21, 2013 at 3:02 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat "Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."

Member:
    First Name:
    Chaz
    Nebraska/South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    93 Pickup 4x4 [22R-E] 5MT
    OME suspension, LCE Performance parts, Konigs, etc. [see build]
    I'm complaining about your posts. Please send me $1,000. :D

6. Aug 21, 2013 at 3:13 PM
    skidooman

skidooman I'm your huckleberry

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    sold everything
    You people and your barking dogs...
    jk, I have a neighbor with at least nine dogs, and two of them just had puppies. They have two that bark all night long. Noone will do anything about them. Home owners assoc. says they have no rules on dogs, county says they have no rules on dogs... Getting extremely frustrating. So it's not easy to get someone in trouble for their dogs. Like HiYota said, document everything, and just do the best you can until you can bounce. I would be extra noisy when I moved out, just because.

7. Aug 21, 2013 at 3:14 PM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 ASE Master Tech Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    Multi-point tow hooks, new bored 2.7L engine, custom paint. 3 inch adjustable Fabtech front coils, 2.5 inch rear AAL. Front Aussie locker. LED bed lights. Full LED conversion interior and exterior. Relentless Fabrication front and rear bumpers. 4X4innovation sliders. BAMF bed rack. CVT rooftop tent.
    If there is a pattern present for their complaints, like "we always hear the dog parking at X-oclock" then how about get a 4 hour long video camera and record everything going on in your apartment. Then when the cops show up let them take a look at the recording and how quiet it is. May be a lot of work, but at least you would be able to say that they are full of sh!t with their noise complaint.

8. Aug 21, 2013 at 3:14 PM
    Tang98

Tang98 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Riverside, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Prerunner 4.0 TRD Sport
    tube steps, bed mat
    wow these guys hate you. You and some neighbors should go talk to the landlord about how annoying these guys are.

9. Aug 21, 2013 at 3:16 PM
    TailDrag

Member:
    No. Call animal control. Talk to your neighbors and allow them to speak candidly if they have issues with your dog barking or if you are too noisy. If they don't, ask if they can write a note and sign it. Document the assumed harassment in case you need to prove that the neighbor is bent on punishing you. If one person says you shoot guns in your bathroom and 4 others don't then you can try and show them being untruthful.

Tell your neighbor you're having ongoing issues with another neighbor for these reasons, ask if they agree with those problems and go from there. If management gives no fucks then you are on your own.

Document everything and go talk to any neighbors who you can and follow up. Address everything.

10. Aug 21, 2013 at 3:19 PM
    Bobbb

Bobbb "Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    Bob
    Tundra TRD/OR

Yup. I had the woman who owned the house next door to me (she was renting it out) come knocking one day. She said there had been a rash of noise complaints about her tenants to the police and now she was having to step in and find out what the deal was. I let her know that, not only did I not have any noise issues with them, but they were some of the best neighbors I'd ever had. Turned out the complaints were all coming from an old bat who lived at the end of the street which was about four doors down, but faced into our street.

The homeowner asked me if I'd be willing to write a letter stating my non-issues with them and I was more than happy to do so. If I lived right next door and had no problem with them noise-wise then there certainly wasn't an issue other than someone being a jerk. Since there was no actual noise issue, I'm assuming it was racial because my neighbors were Mexican. In the long run, the tenants got tired of the harrassment and ended up moving out anyway so that old bag cost me a good set of neighbors. Long story longer, don't be afraid to ask your neighbors for a statement.

11. Aug 21, 2013 at 3:20 PM
    Tuckerhump

Tuckerhump Gentlemans Sausage

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB SR5 4x4
    yolo
    Loveland noise ordinance doesnt go into effect until 10pm, so thats probably why they waited, but if they told the cop from 5-830pm I'm surprised the cop didnt just say sorry nothing we can do.

12. Aug 21, 2013 at 3:22 PM
    MGMTacolover55

MGMTacolover55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orygun
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM Taco TRD Off Road
    floor Mats
    I would say its time to get that new sound system with the big subwoofers and throw a dance party with some dubstep?

13. Aug 21, 2013 at 3:30 PM
    sammy87

Member:
    co
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD SPORT 4X4
    Yeah all our neighbors have my cell# and Ive told them to text me anytime they hear my TV or dogs. Never received a text from anyone. The management cant do anything, they tried to evict them, but they are still paying so they have noting to work with. However they had me document my case so they can not re lease them in the fall. The manager said shes getting a keg when they move out.

This really started when they moved in and they were vacuming at 630 am everyday, I looked through the lease and it specificaly says thats a no go. So i politely told the husband that the apts are really shitty and you can hear everything and if they didnt mind waiting till 8am. Still everyday for a month, and I ran into the manager, she knew they were trouble and asked how they were, I told her they vacuum so early. so she said something, and aparantly the wife flipped shit and denied it. Then everyday she bitched about us for something. But yeah Im about to set up cameras or recorders this weekend if another cop shows up.

IMO this is not cop work and is complete BS thats why i have been so hesitant to get them involved.

If I see the wife again im gonna ask her if I should just keep a box of donuts around for her complaints.

14. Aug 21, 2013 at 3:36 PM
    TailDrag

Member:
    Cops can't do anything about neighbors not getting along. Documenting anything for the sake of law enforcement isn't an option I'd waste my time with (or an officers).

Neighbor piss matches aren't their problem. They show up because they're responding to a call, but in the end, they will tell you both to mind your own business and stop wasting their time calling 911. Nobody is breaking a law, and being annoying isn't illegal.

Personally, I think you should cut off communication with the problem neighbors, collect your written statements from the surrounding neighbors regarding noise from your apartment (after explaining your ongoing issues with a neighbor who is saying these specific noises are a problem), and keep documenting any visits to your door by law enforcement or apartment staff. If you call and complain about them, write down the information (date, time, reason, who you called) and keep a list of everything. The easiest way to fuck with an animal owner is to say they have a nuisance pet. It IS quite possible that you might end up with a visit from animal control. They will first listen to the complaint maker, then they will come visit you and your dog, tell you that the neighbor is reporting a problem, and advise you on something you could be doing to better the situation. Then they will go.

If they come back multiple times then you might end up in a situation to prove your innocence and that your neighbor is harassing you or making false claims, in which case, documentation will help you.

Videos and recordings take way too much time for a court, animal control person, or law enforcement will have to invest, I imagine, when it really all boils down to no laws being broken and 2 neighbors who don't get along are just going back and forth with each other. The quickest way to lose support from those groups is to be the one who wastes their time, frequently. At some point the neighbor will hang themselves with their own rope, but until then, damage control is what you should be doing, and not with them.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  15. Aug 21, 2013 at 3:46 PM
    Tang98

Tang98 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Riverside, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Prerunner 4.0 TRD Sport
    tube steps, bed mat
    when you move out, make it loud. get a thick broom stick and purposely hit the roof and when they complain just say that you were just moving things around.

16. Aug 21, 2013 at 3:48 PM
    HIYota

HIYota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Angel
    Key West, FL originally Kauai, HI
    Vehicle:
    09 Silver 6 spd TRD Sport DCSB 4x4
    Fox 2.5 ext travel coilovers w/700# King Coils, Desert Products uniball UCAs, AllPro 3" leafs, Fox rear resi's, ext brake lines, Weathertech digifits front and back, B.A.M.F. sliders & LCA skids, full set of ATO skids, Aero Turbine 2525XL, LED dome, map and license plate lights, URD Short Throw Shifter, Brute Force Fab front plate bumper, Satoshi, BlueInstinct console and door handle covers, TRS D2S HID retrofit, aFe Pro dry-s air filter, TonnoPro Tonneau cover, Pop&Lock, Yellow wire mod, Wet Okole seat covers, 17" SCS SR8 rims, more to come.
    Better to just leave them alone...Or they might move in next door to you in your new house :eek: :p

17. Aug 21, 2013 at 3:54 PM
    sammy87

Member:
    co
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD SPORT 4X4
    To be honest, not to profile or anything, but they are pretty much the whitest trash possible and abusing the system. The wife does nothing, they have a 20sh daughter that no shit looks like Meg that does nothing and the Dad works something but the apt isnt that cheap, they never leave, handicapped but on the 3rd floor, nothing to do with her time but complain. She could do something useful for the community or herself but shes a POS.

I dont think they will be buying a home anytime soon.

18. Aug 21, 2013 at 3:55 PM
    ANT2013taco

ANT2013taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    McAllen Texas
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR 4wd
    I'd move out a week early and set up an alarm clock to go off at 3am every morning. But that's just me.:rolleyes:

19. Aug 21, 2013 at 3:59 PM
    sammy87

Member:
    co
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD SPORT 4X4
    Believe me, Im tempted to be a huge dick right back, but who knows what they might do. When they move out though, Ill probaly swing by and set up some chairs and drink beer while they move out and have my chihuhua bark at them all day.

20. Aug 21, 2013 at 4:05 PM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Mr. President

Member:
    This ^ document every interaction you have with them and make hard written copies about what was said, how long it was tone of the conversation etc.

Download a voice recorder and record conversions on your phone. You never know if they will say "we will do this till you move out" or something that will basically get you off the hook. Of course dont tell them your recording, just slip the phone in your pocket with the mic facing out :p

This as well. In todays day and age there are very little excuses for not having the technology to do this :p

Take a video (or an audio file at least stating the time of start and finish) and set it up while you sleep.

To Top