1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

harsh ride tsb & abs warning light

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by nasty ned, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Apr 14, 2009 at 11:44 AM
    nasty ned

nasty ned [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    mass
    Vehicle:
    05v6trd access
    nerf bars ventvisor kit nose & windows
    hey folks not all toyo dealers in n.e.helpful in tsb but i tried warranty was over36 months but not 36k even my leaking shocks did not impress them .i don't know what to use for new shocks and do i replace them all around ?i thinh there billies with no coil over.i don't off road much but sometimes haul a utility trailer and a loads of logs .Also my air bag dash light stays on
    no accident or nothing ,can this be reset or is this toyo's answer to smack
    another bill on us? Compass &temp at about the same time w.t.f. Never had so much shit happen on my silverado with 70k Am i just unlucky this sucks and these dealer assholes just stand there shaking there f----n heads and tell me sorry there's nothing we can do.So much for getting more bee's with honey . Thanks for letting me vent ,Iquess losing your job and having a little kid in the hospital just dont mean shit anymore to these assholes.if you can help with any of my ???"s im would be in your debt.

Goin to somalia to kill some more pirates!!!!!

nasty ned

2. Apr 14, 2009 at 12:04 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Sorry to hear about the way things are going for you Ned-But you can't really blame the Toyota folks for everything else..That's just a good way to get pissed off before you talk to them and that doesn't help anyone.

The harsh ride TSB- You are out of warranty- If they say no...That's really it-Shocks can wear out in 36K miles all by themselves under heavy use...so...again..it sucks..but it's what happens.

The light in the dash- Is it an ABS light or an Air Bag light?? Either way I would get it looked at ASAP. Having either of those systems not working correctly isn't a good thing...ABS won't fire if you need it while the system is in error. ABS is squirrelly enough as is...if it's in error...I doubt it will engage.

But having stuff showing as in error....Not a good thing to drive around with... Good luck with everything else

3. Apr 15, 2009 at 10:50 AM
    nasty ned

Member:
    mass
    Vehicle:
    05v6trd access
    thanks brunes.it is an airbag light .it just came on one day.i know what your'e saying about being pissed off,i didn't go in that way, i was all nicey like.i've had years of customer service and tried all my stuff.musta lost my mojo.this truck has been babied & shouldn't have all these issues,i know life happens but toyo couldn,t throw me a bone?when i came in to the dealership they asked me if i would sell it to them.

thanks again

nastier ned:rant::rant::rant::rant:

4. Apr 15, 2009 at 10:55 AM
    tacoskim

tacoskim Tuned By Gadget

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD 4x4 Pyrite Mica
    Stock
    the compass/temp gauge is an easy fix, i think theres a write up on it... just unscrew it and open it, then solder the fuse, saves you alot of money and its quick

5. Apr 15, 2009 at 11:10 AM
    nasty ned

Member:
    mass
    Vehicle:
    05v6trd access
    yeah i found that thanks.thats on my front burner now.any idea's on shocks ? not planning to do any lift.i just put on 26570r16 toyo open country a/t's and love them but i have noticed a slight dip on my drivers side rear end wher one othe shocks are leaking fluid.i figured i'd replace them all around while i still got a few bucks left i plan on driving this for a long time

thanks again

nasty

6. Apr 15, 2009 at 11:12 AM
    tacoskim

tacoskim Tuned By Gadget

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD 4x4 Pyrite Mica
    Stock
    you can get some 5100s all around for around $300. and the ride is great

Products Discussed in