1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Has anybody bought lights from eltacoloco

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by dcasillas, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Aug 31, 2008 at 2:02 PM
    scottiem

scottiem Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oklahoma City
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner TRD Sport
    Craig thanks for the update. I'm sorry for the damage that Alex has had happen to his house and hope he can get that straightened out. With that said the problem I have is that if you have the ability to log on to the site then you have the ability to either return PM's or at least put a quick reply on the thread to the situation you are in. He also had time to log on to the Toyota Nation website the other day and no info from him there either. As was mentioned business is business and with no communication to his customers what are we to expect especially when he was on the sites. Again I hope him well. Just my .02

2. Aug 31, 2008 at 2:13 PM
    craigFLA

craigFLA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport Pkg.#1, XSP Package
    Leather, 20" rims, Borla cat-back exhaust, running boards, back up camera/3" screen in rear view mirror, carbon fiber interior trim. Tow Package. MODS: URD intake BHLM. Tinted tails & 3rd brake light Fog Light mod. 5pc Grill Craft (High Gloss Black powder-coat) T-Rex eye-lids AVS Wind Deflectors 3M Window Tint 15 front/30 rear OBX Sports Pedals Viper 5901 / remote start Pioneer AVIC F90BT-NAV Hybrid L8's in doors, L4's and Dynaudio MD102 tweets in custom kicks, morel rear-fill, JL TW5-13" sub, JBL MS-8, 2@Tru B475, Tru 4.65, PPI a600.2, PPI 456 X-over, Raamat BX2 and ensolite. relocated rear seats 3/4" Retrax cover electric dual "dead-bolt-lock" electric tailgate lock. electric Dynalock for Retrax Cover/custom fabricated case. kinetik second battery/power-gate isolation. Powerslot Cryogenic rotors, Hawks HPS Pads, SS lines,painted calipers&drums FULL trans flush mod OE Denso plugs

I agree completely...well said.

I just posted on the thread at TN, so others would be aware, and not expect prompt responses to PM's etc.

3. Sep 9, 2008 at 4:55 PM
    scottiem

Member:
    Oklahoma City
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner TRD Sport
    Craig have you heard anything from Alex about your lights. Just wondering as considering going a different route if it's going to be a while. If it is I'll look at getting my deposit back.

4. Sep 9, 2008 at 9:07 PM
    dcasillas

dcasillas [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    2004 prerunner quadcab
    donhoe coilovers,total chaos arms
    i got a tacking number for mine

5. Sep 10, 2008 at 4:07 AM
    craigFLA

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Leather, 20" rims, Borla cat-back exhaust, running boards, back up camera/3" screen in rear view mirror, carbon fiber interior trim. Tow Package. MODS: URD intake BHLM. Tinted tails & 3rd brake light Fog Light mod. 5pc Grill Craft (High Gloss Black powder-coat) T-Rex eye-lids AVS Wind Deflectors 3M Window Tint 15 front/30 rear OBX Sports Pedals Viper 5901 / remote start Pioneer AVIC F90BT-NAV Hybrid L8's in doors, L4's and Dynaudio MD102 tweets in custom kicks, morel rear-fill, JL TW5-13" sub, JBL MS-8, 2@Tru B475, Tru 4.65, PPI a600.2, PPI 456 X-over, Raamat BX2 and ensolite. relocated rear seats 3/4" Retrax cover electric dual "dead-bolt-lock" electric tailgate lock. electric Dynalock for Retrax Cover/custom fabricated case. kinetik second battery/power-gate isolation. Powerslot Cryogenic rotors, Hawks HPS Pads, SS lines,painted calipers&drums FULL trans flush mod OE Denso plugs

Heres a copy of an email I sent yesterday, and his response... Doesnt look good.

Subject: Re:smoked tailights

Date: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 7:29 PM

Hey Alex,

Just wanted to follow up and see if you've had the chance to get back into the tail light mods, or if your still dealing with problems at home.

Listen, I know you've had alot going on, and I've really tried to be patient and understanding as I have personally been through it. But I also feel obligated to tell you that if your not able to get me a set of lights by Sunday September 21st (my birthday) I will have no choice but to file a Paypal claim as I only have 45 days (the 21st would be the 44th day since the 8/8 payment).

Please let me know whether you think youll be able to follow through or not, so that I can start planning whether to have someone else do the mod, or do it myself.

Thanks,

Response:

Well im still dealing with the problems they are not going any where for a long time...dont think anybody understands the severity of my problems maybe if I post a pick of all my furniture floating around my living room people will understand the severity of the problem...dont mean to snap at you just right now I feel like im about to just loose it...i am still staying in a hotel with my wife son and 2 dogs and it is very nerve wrecking not knowing what the out come is going to be...enough with my problems but to answer your question I am still waiting on GEN3benz to send me back his stockers which he has already told me he sent them almost a week ago from california. He has not responded to my email that I sent him 2 days ago inquiring about the tracking number as soon as I get them in the mail I will smoke them and send them your way. If it does not happen before the 21st I will just send you back your payment.

Alex,

6. Sep 10, 2008 at 6:23 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Sounds like you should just ask for your money back? Eleven days will go by quick, I mean where is his snail mail or UPS deliveries going if he's not living at home? (He said he was waiting on tails coming to him to do yours correct?). I cannot imagine what he's going through. My basement just flooded from a boiler malfunction, it sucks, its stressful & is no where near what is happening in FL. I hope you are able to work it out, bummer all around!

7. Sep 10, 2008 at 5:16 PM
    craigFLA

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:

yeah, I had similar questions; like where/how is he able to mod tail lights? Does the motel have an oven, and very lenient policies? Oh well, at this point whats another 11 days??? If nothing happens, then atleast I can file a Paypal claim with no remorse, knowing I was as patient as I could be...

8. Sep 10, 2008 at 5:43 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    You do realize that he has to get the lights from the previous guy before he can do them and send them to you, thats how it works.

Honestly, I think its kind of a tool move to file a paypal claim. He's going through some shit, if you don't want the product, just ask for some cash back and be done with it.

9. Sep 10, 2008 at 6:22 PM
    Toy4Life

Toy4Life 668: The Neighbor of the Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Vehicle:
    96 Subaru Outback 2.2 5mt
    92 4Runner SR5 3.0v6 4x4(sold) 02 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4x4 (sold)
    Craig, your patience is something to be respected. It is unfortunate for all parties involved, that these transactions are going to end in this fashion. FWIW, I'm not having any better luck with a big company(Manik). Their communication skills have deteriorated severely.:(

I hope this all works out for everyone.

10. Sep 10, 2008 at 10:08 PM
    dcasillas

Member:
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    2004 prerunner quadcab
    i got mine today but, looks like clear was still wet and they stuck to box when shipped

11. Sep 11, 2008 at 3:45 AM
    craigFLA

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:

I do understand how it works, and if anything I'm a realist. The chances of this still working out are not good.

Not that I have any reason to doubt Alex, but given his circumstances many people would consider "bailing-out" on the whole deal, waiting 3 months and registering as a new user (different name) and start over... I'm NOT saying he would do that, but we all know given his situation that scenerio isnt far-fetched...

No one on this site (or the other) has been nearly as patient, or understanding as I... maybe I'm an idiot..thats fine too... but at the end of the day, if I don't have the product I paid for, I will use the valuable Paypal service I paid for and file a claim.

I really sincerely feel for the guy, and (as long as I receive the lights or a refund) don't hold anything against him, and am not even upset. He has made his best effort to atleast respond to my emails, and with everything going on has not been mean or rude once. Who knows, maybe in 6 months I might consider dealing with him again...

Shit happens... but on the other hand, I'm not in the business of giving loans either, and am quite certain that should I file a Paypal claim he would completely understand, as would most.

Let us remember, we're talking about $190.55...

If after 44 days (after payment), multiple emails, PM's, and posts, updating BOTH websites to inform others (and take some heat of him), filing a Paypal claim is a "tool" thing to do, well then I guess I'm a tool:(

12. Sep 11, 2008 at 3:55 AM
    craigFLA

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:

That sucks... and makes me nervous.

I recently paid (on TN) for a set of smoked headlights, and after a month received them. I was not happy, as after I spent an hour with Windex trying to wipe all the bugs & guts off, the lenses were actually scratched and pitted...

I contacted the seller, as I will not install them in present condition, and gave him the opportunity to replace them with a clean set. Doesnt look like thats going to work out, and now have to chase him for a refund...

I dont mind waiting (sometimes longer then I should) if I receive a quality product in the end. But it seems lately that I end up waiting, and in the end get to choose between crap or a paypal claim.

I'll end up smoking my own headlights, as I dont want to install the HIDS, new 5 pc grill, eyelids, or URD intake currently sitting in my garage until I have the smoked head lights (in good condition).

Hopefully your tails are useable, as it would suck after all you went through to have to return them and start over!!!

13. Sep 11, 2008 at 4:43 AM
    mcdufws

mcdufws Well-Known Member

Member:
    louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 SR5
    two tone seat covers, Husky liners, 20% tint front windows, bilstein 5100's front, 18x9 XD monsters w/ 275/65 Wrangler Duratracs, sockmonkey decals, in channel visors, black bull bar w/ hella 500's. Custom head ache rack, black tail lights, painted grill, mesh grillcraft w/ "TOYOTA". BHLM to come....
    I have a pair of smoked tail lights lights I am willing to sell, if anyone is still looking. But you will have to wait until next week sometime for me to ship them because I'm waiting on new ones. Just let me know if anyone is still looking for some.

14. Sep 11, 2008 at 5:53 PM
    craigFLA

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:

I might be... depends on how they were tinted, and what condition they are in. Can you PM or email me a pic?

15. Sep 11, 2008 at 5:57 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.

If CraigFLA doesn't want them can I see them, too?

16. Sep 12, 2008 at 3:52 AM
    craigFLA

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:

Just checked out the pics, that SUCKS!!!

Does any one know what materials/clear he uses?

If you knew that, it might be possible to color sand the clear, then hand-rub them out with rubbing compound. I've done this on painted & cleared finishes, but never on an application like this. It would take a few hours total to do, but would save the aggrevation of sending them back etc...

I honestly dont know if this would work or not, as I dont know what materials he uses.

EDIT---------------------------------------------------------

After doing some quick research, more then likely he used night shades paint with a clear. If thats true, pull the lights back off the truck. Buy some 1500, 2000 grit sand paper, rubbing compound, and some painters rags.

Fill a 5 gallon bucket with water and a squirt of dish soap (helps lubricate).

Lightly wet sand with 1500 grit at the areas where the clear was damaged (untill it looks like its blended)

Change the water.

Then wet sand the entire light LIGHTLY with 2000 grit. when your done, it should look evenly dull.

Then rinse of the light WELL, and hand rub it with rubbing compound.

Once you rub it out to the point that the compound starts to disappear, grab a new rag and lightly rub until the shine comes back.

Just take your time, and DONT SAND THROUGH THE CLEAR, and youll be fine.

I dont know what painting experience you have, so please dont take insult by my instruction if you are experienced.

17. Sep 12, 2008 at 3:19 PM
    dcasillas

Member:
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    2004 prerunner quadcab
    clear coat look really thin,will it still work

18. Sep 12, 2008 at 7:53 PM
    scottiem

Member:
    Oklahoma City
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner TRD Sport
    I guess it would all depend on how screwed up they really are. You could try it but would have to be real gentle on the sanding. Question I have is why were they wet when they were boxed up. They should have been completely dry before even considering wrapping them for shipping. With the clear being that thin and the lights being screwed up I would be looking at getting my money back. They should have a minimum of 3 coats clear, 5 would be ideal.

19. Sep 12, 2008 at 8:24 PM
    scottiem

Member:
    Oklahoma City
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner TRD Sport
    Craig I think you have been more then patient an understanding in this matter. Personally after what I've read about the lights that dcasillas received I wouldn't want a set. I think Alex is trying to put out lights when he doesn't have the proper equipment or facility to do it. I think he would be best to leave a message up here and on TN explaining his situation let people know he will be putting his tail tinting on hold until he gets back up on his feet and return the money to the people who have paid him for a set. I've requested through Paypal that he return my deposit I paid him. Just my .02

20. Sep 13, 2008 at 5:19 AM
    craigFLA

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:

I agree with you, and after hearing about dcasillas lights, I should probably do the same thing. I will shoot him an email this week, as I did tell him I would wait, and dont want to go back on my word without atleast emailing first...

If he went that light on the clear, it will be much more difficult to fix. You would almost have to sand LIGHTLY just the damaged areas, then maybe rub out the entire lens with compound.

Hopefully, it blends well, and the repair area doesnt stick out. Ideally, they should be wet sanded with 1500 grit, and recoated with a few more coats of clear.

Rule of thumb, Every coat your about to spray is only as good as the coat you just sprayed... so if you get dust in a coat, let it cure for a few hours and lightly wet sand the dust spec. Then coat again. This takes time (and alot of patience).

I agree with Scottie, and would normally just box them up and send them back, but given these circumstances who knows when you will receive a refund. Not saying anything derogatory about Alex, just saying that with what hes got going on its possible refunds may take awhile...

dcasillas, keep us updated on what you decide to do, and how it works out. I wrote earlier about the fiasco I'm going through with the smoked headlights, and finally just decided to do them myself. I really didnt want to hear the bitching when SHE saw me putting head lights in the oven...lol. Now it looks like I'll end up doing my tails to.. Oh well, atleast I know theyll be right.

Products Discussed in

To Top