1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Has anybody bought lights from eltacoloco

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by dcasillas, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Sep 15, 2008 at 6:30 PM
    scottiem

scottiem Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oklahoma City
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner TRD Sport
    Yeah I know I wussed out. I wanted to do the mod just didn't have the time right now to do the fuse box. How hard was it to get the box apart as I might have time this coming weekend to mess around with it. Also what is the big 3 wiring up grade your talking about, I'm sure it has to do with the battery and alternator cable but haven't read about the mod or purpose.

2. Sep 15, 2008 at 8:01 PM
    dcasillas

dcasillas [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    2004 prerunner quadcab
    donhoe coilovers,total chaos arms
    i fixed one side,but the other side was cracked so now im stuck with one light and no money,pay pal denied my claim on a refund

3. Sep 15, 2008 at 9:14 PM
    Gen3Benz

Gen3Benz Active Member

Member:
    321-377-0350
    feel free to bitch him out

4. Sep 16, 2008 at 3:39 AM
    craigFLA

craigFLA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport Pkg.#1, XSP Package
    Leather, 20" rims, Borla cat-back exhaust, running boards, back up camera/3" screen in rear view mirror, carbon fiber interior trim. Tow Package. MODS: URD intake BHLM. Tinted tails & 3rd brake light Fog Light mod. 5pc Grill Craft (High Gloss Black powder-coat) T-Rex eye-lids AVS Wind Deflectors 3M Window Tint 15 front/30 rear OBX Sports Pedals Viper 5901 / remote start Pioneer AVIC F90BT-NAV Hybrid L8's in doors, L4's and Dynaudio MD102 tweets in custom kicks, morel rear-fill, JL TW5-13" sub, JBL MS-8, 2@Tru B475, Tru 4.65, PPI a600.2, PPI 456 X-over, Raamat BX2 and ensolite. relocated rear seats 3/4" Retrax cover electric dual "dead-bolt-lock" electric tailgate lock. electric Dynalock for Retrax Cover/custom fabricated case. kinetik second battery/power-gate isolation. Powerslot Cryogenic rotors, Hawks HPS Pads, SS lines,painted calipers&drums FULL trans flush mod OE Denso plugs

The disassembling the fuse-box is a PAIN! Seriously, if the add-a-fuse works, I would leave it! For the Big-3 I did the following:

replaced the factory altenator to fuse-box lead with 0-gauge.
    replaced the factory fuse-box to battery lead with 0-gauge.
    replaced the batter-chassis ground with 0-gauge.
    added an altenator to chassis 0-gauge ground.

Replaced factory battery with Kinetic 2200

I did it in preparation for my system install, and with the 130 amp altenator (towing package) dont expect any flickering lights etc. when the my HIDs are all lit up, the PIAA's are on (not installed yet), and the system is cranked... If you dont have (or plan to add) additional lights or audio system, very likely its not something worth doing.

5. Sep 16, 2008 at 3:41 AM
    craigFLA

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Leather, 20" rims, Borla cat-back exhaust, running boards, back up camera/3" screen in rear view mirror, carbon fiber interior trim. Tow Package. MODS: URD intake BHLM. Tinted tails & 3rd brake light Fog Light mod. 5pc Grill Craft (High Gloss Black powder-coat) T-Rex eye-lids AVS Wind Deflectors 3M Window Tint 15 front/30 rear OBX Sports Pedals Viper 5901 / remote start Pioneer AVIC F90BT-NAV Hybrid L8's in doors, L4's and Dynaudio MD102 tweets in custom kicks, morel rear-fill, JL TW5-13" sub, JBL MS-8, 2@Tru B475, Tru 4.65, PPI a600.2, PPI 456 X-over, Raamat BX2 and ensolite. relocated rear seats 3/4" Retrax cover electric dual "dead-bolt-lock" electric tailgate lock. electric Dynalock for Retrax Cover/custom fabricated case. kinetik second battery/power-gate isolation. Powerslot Cryogenic rotors, Hawks HPS Pads, SS lines,painted calipers&drums FULL trans flush mod OE Denso plugs

Why did Paypal deny your claim?

Was the other light cracked when you got it?

Having the clear messed up is one thing, but if he shipped a cracked lens thats not cool, as more then likely it didnt happen during shipping...

6. Sep 16, 2008 at 7:29 AM
    Gen3Benz

Gen3Benz Active Member

Member:
    paypal only gives refunds if the product wasn't shipped.
    Doesn't matter if it's destroyed.

7. Sep 16, 2008 at 3:35 PM
    craigFLA

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:

Are Paypal rules different then for Ebay? I've had a few situations where I filed Paypal claims because the item was signifigantly different then advertised (on Ebay).

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  8. Sep 16, 2008 at 7:14 PM
    dcasillas

dcasillas [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    2004 prerunner quadcab
    donhoe coilovers,total chaos arms
    i never looked at the other light till this weekend, i got JACKED!!!!!
    now my account is frozen,so i dont know about my refund

9. Sep 16, 2008 at 7:54 PM
    Gen3Benz

Gen3Benz Active Member

Member:
    yes, they are different for ebay.
    because paypal is part of ebay.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  10. Sep 17, 2008 at 3:41 AM
    craigFLA

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:

How bad is the crack? Where is it, got a pic?

I dont know (depending on the crack) if I wouldnt go to selectproducts.com and pick up some of their 2-part superglue. I have it, its awesome!

Maybe try to repair/fill the crack, let it cure, then proceed with tinting..

More then likely, you will be able to hide the crack. It all would depend obviously on how bad the crack is, and whether you can get it water tight!

11. Sep 17, 2008 at 4:56 PM
    craigFLA

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:
    The following is an email I sent yesterday to Alex, his response, and my response just sent.

I have been posting these emails for several reasons, but primarily to show that Alex continues to respond to every email I send. I'm long winded, so bare with me...lol..

Subject: Re:smoked tailights
    To: Alex
    Date: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 6:54 AM

Hey Alex

Wanted to follow up as its the 17th. Im going to assume with everything you have going on, that this transaction isnt going to happen. Given your circumstances, its really not a big deal to me (as long as I get a refund). I just bought the stuff to do my own tails and headlights (as Ive decided to do my own), and will probably start the tails and 3rd brake light in a weekend or 2.

I will plan on filing with Paypal this weekend. Not that I have any reason to doubt you, but Paypal only gives 45 days, and I would be stupid not to use the service I paid for. Again, nothing personal, please dont take it that way. If you know its going to be awhile for the refund, please let me know.

I hope that things are getting better for you on the home front, and eventually hope to see you on the forums again.

Talk to you later,

Craig

--- On Wed, 9/17/08, Alex wrote:
    Subject: Re:smoked tailights
    To: Craig
    Date: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 3:03 PM

just got the tails back from the guy 2 days ago will be getting to them this week end then I will ship them to you. starting a paypal claim will do nothing for you right now because there is no money in it. Return the stuff to do your tails on your own because they will not turn out the way you want if you dont know what your doing...will send you your tracking info this weekend.

Alex,

Response just sent...

Alex,

My concern, honestly, is the 2 guys on the forum who have received lights from you. Both of them say the clear was wet, and had peanuts stuck to them ruining the finish. One guy stated he received a cracked lens. There are pics on TW, and their not pretty.

With everything you have going on right now, I appreciate the fact that your "making good" and sending the lights, however I must be upfront and say that I am very particular about my truck, and what I install. Im nervous, and if you were in my position Im sure you would be too!

I have painted cars, motorcycles, various fiberglass dash mods & pods, etc. I have a large garage (converted to a shop) where I build motorcycles among other things. I own migs, a nice AC/DC tig, torches, handbrakes, bandsaws, drill presses. a lathe, sandblasting setup, but more importantly in this case an 80 gallon compressor, quality spray gun, air-brushes, etc... Trust me when I say I am fully capable of doing the mod myself...really. I dont exactly enjoy painting, color sanding, etc. as metal fabrication is more my thing, but i can do it.

I have seen pics of your work in the past, and know you are capable of doing good work, this is why I chose you to begin with. I do however assume recent complaints are valid, and probably due to you rushing to get them done and shipped out.

Filing a paypal claim may not resolve anything in the short term, but will affect you in the future Im certain. I have no desire to file, and have done everything in my power to avoid it (by communicating with you). I appreciate that you have been responsive (to every email Ive sent). I do however have concerns, as if I wait longer then Saturday, I have no recourse later, and am out alot of money. If the lights were to arrive in less then desirable condition, I'd be screwed.

I will file the claim Friday. If I receive the lights in good condition, I will close the claim, and will post pics on TW so everyone knows that you followed through as promised, despite your ongoing struggles at home. I have been nothing but honest and forthright with you, and will continue to do what I say.

I appreciate your efforts, and simply ask that you give me your best work. As you said, the claim will not affect you as theres no money in the account, so if it takes a week + to receive the quality service I paid for, well whats another week. Just PLEASE, dont send me something I wont install. I just returned a set of Bluebeasttacos BHLM's because he failed to wipe about 500 bugs & guts off the lenses before baking them, and he cooked them into the plastic. Again, I wont install something that isnt 100%, or something I wouldnt be proud to tell someone I DID!

Please let me know when you do have them ready, and are shipping them out so I know to look for them. Im in south Florida, so it shouldnt take 2 days to receive them. Also, remember that I dont want mine as light as you did that other set, just a little less then the normal "blacked-out" lens youve been doing.

Thanks,

Craig

12. Sep 17, 2008 at 6:53 PM
    scottiem

Member:
    Oklahoma City
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner TRD Sport

A little bit cocky of him stating that you should return your stuff because they won't turn out right, especially when he really knows nothing about you or you capabilities. On top of that looking at the last 2 sets of lights he sent out I'd say he has little room to talk about quality work. I'll be interested to see how he responds to the last e-mail you sent him.

13. Sep 17, 2008 at 10:02 PM
    Gen3Benz

Gen3Benz Active Member

Member:
    That, and the fact he stole $190 from me.

14. Sep 18, 2008 at 3:25 PM
    craigFLA

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:
    I received the following response today:

To: Craig

Again thanks for being patient with me and will do...will send you the tracking info as soon as they are sent.

Alex,

15. Sep 18, 2008 at 5:07 PM
    joedirt

joedirt Hallow

Member:
    Ploeśti
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    I think the guy's going to hose you, just like he did the two other guys. File your claim and do your own lights. F*ck him. You have shown far more patience than I would've. I'm willing to bet the "hurricane damage" was just a load of b.s. he cooked up, hoping you would just forget it and go away.

16. Sep 19, 2008 at 3:46 AM
    craigFLA

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:
    I filed a Paypal dispute this morning. I have until October 9th to escallate to a claim. This gives him ample time to send me a quality set of lights as stated in his latest email.

Filing a claim weeks ago wouldnt have accomplished anything, as he's already stated he has no money in the account. If you have ever read Paypal rules, youll see that Paypal cannot guarantee refunds, as they dont "go-after" the money. If its not available in the account, your screwed.

By going the route I did, I atleast have a chance of receiving the lights. If they end up the same quality as others recently sent, I can simply ship them back and escallate my dispute to a claim. Technically, if I send him back a damaged set of lights, I havent received the item paid for, hence a claim...

OR, I always have the option of keeping his lights and mine... Repairing and selling his (to re-coupe some of my loss) and tinting my own. I am not above considering this as an option, should I feel Im being screwed. I try to be a reasonable guy, as we all have problems. But once i reach my limit, I am the coldest harshest SOB on the planet, with absolutely no concious whatsoever:D.

I think hes going to send the lights, and i think their going to be of very good quality. And, as I promised, I will post pics on this thread if indeed thats the case.

We'll see what happens...

17. Sep 19, 2008 at 6:01 PM
    scottiem

Member:
    Oklahoma City
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner TRD Sport
    I hope you do get a quality set of lights with all you have had to put up with. I filed a claim to try and get my $20 back that I gave Alex as a deposit. I don't see that happening but at least it's filed. I still haven't heard anything from him, I guess he's ignoring me. One thing that has been eating at me is that if he has time to do your lights and return e-mails to you then why doesn't he answer some of the questions that are being asked of him here on this web site, especially from the 2 guys who have been screwed by him. Once again just my opinions and observations.

18. Sep 24, 2008 at 7:18 AM
    Gen3Benz

Gen3Benz Active Member

Member:
    craig,
    Did you get a tracking number?

19. Sep 24, 2008 at 7:03 PM
    craigFLA

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:

Not yet. I'm going to send an email to find out the status. I am glad I filed the Paypal dispute when I did, and didnt simply "trust" that I would receive the lights.

I still think I will receive them. Hopefully before I am forced to escalate the dispute to a claim...

20. Sep 24, 2008 at 7:39 PM
    scottiem

Member:
    Oklahoma City
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner TRD Sport
    So much for getting a tracking number this past weekend. You are definitely a patient man as I filed a claim with PayPal already and it was only for $20. I really hope it works out for you Craig as you have waited more then you should have. Keep us informed.

Products Discussed in

To Top