1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Has anyone seen this story yet?

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by Ray, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Jan 3, 2013 at 6:08 PM
    Ray

Ray [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    09 Pre-Runner
  2. Jan 4, 2013 at 9:00 PM
    k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
  3. Jan 4, 2013 at 9:04 PM
    maxamillion2345

maxamillion2345 Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    Ferd Fteenthousand 6.4
    Tuner.
    well then... dumb move

4. Jan 4, 2013 at 9:07 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Franchised.

It may or may not be corporate policy, but it is most likely this specific franchisee... or even more likely, a manager that has more of a problem with cops than he does with guns.

5. Jan 4, 2013 at 9:09 PM
    ToyotaKTMracing

ToyotaKTMracing The Blue Warrior

Member:
    First Name:
    Shay
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2008 DCSB Ink 4WD Auto
    285 BFG ATs, Custom dual exhaust system, 4" total lift (adjustable billies with 885 coils in front and AALs with 1" block in rear), interior LED lighting, LED reverse lights, LED license plate lights, fog light anytime mod, JVC KW-R500 stereo, 20" okledlightbars.com LED light bar, coverking seat covers
    So, if they say this to cops, I wonder about people with concealed permits and a gun on them and say the restaurant was getting robbed. Would they tell them to take their gun outside? That's dumb.

6. Jan 4, 2013 at 9:12 PM
    AvsFanTRD

AvsFanTRD Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Off Road Black
    rear suspension TSB, sockmonkey bed decals, weathertech floor liners, TRD seat covers, tailgate pop n lock, rear diff breather relocation, center console lock, Viper Alarm, extra D-rings in bed, 5100's on all 4 corners
    They are publicly opening themselves up to robbery. I doubt the police would be in any hurry to help nor have sympathy when it happens

7. Jan 4, 2013 at 9:12 PM
    Chad

Chad Rand Paul 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Pioneer AVIC-X920BT Headunit -- BHLM -- Pioneer TS-A1685R 4-way Coax Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- 09+ Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    This is in Illinois, a place where the courts just had to inform the state legislature that it was constitutional for people to get concealed carry licenses. So this does not surprise me one bit.

8. Jan 4, 2013 at 9:14 PM
    MightyMouse-SCT

MightyMouse-SCT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabriel
    O'SIDE CA
    Vehicle:
    MightyMouse-SCT - 2011 LT 4x4 Desert Runner
    Long Travel Total chaos kit, fox shocks, smp fab , dmz sua, glassworks, method wheels.
    Why were they on duty and out of uniform ? I would feel uncomfortable also if I was at Denny's and seen a bunch of guys armed in street clothes .

9. Jan 4, 2013 at 9:15 PM
    the.sight.picture

the.sight.picture .45%er

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    VA
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD
    flux capisitor, magnaflow muffler bearing, extra blinker fluid container. 6 inch wide stacks
    i read this yesterday as well. I think the women who said that had to be a little short of a full brain. I would have informed the complaining customer that they need to deal with it or leave...after they ordered of course, so they would have to pay still:)

10. Jan 4, 2013 at 9:16 PM
    the.sight.picture

the.sight.picture .45%er

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    VA
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD
    flux capisitor, magnaflow muffler bearing, extra blinker fluid container. 6 inch wide stacks
    they were detectives. They dont usually wear unis out my way

11. Jan 4, 2013 at 9:18 PM
    MightyMouse-SCT

MightyMouse-SCT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabriel
    O'SIDE CA
    Vehicle:
    MightyMouse-SCT - 2011 LT 4x4 Desert Runner
    Long Travel Total chaos kit, fox shocks, smp fab , dmz sua, glassworks, method wheels.
    My bad . I thought I seen that . Same here . Detectives usually wear suits . Their badge is usually on their waste somewhere . I'd like to have seen the badges visible atleast .

12. Jan 4, 2013 at 9:19 PM
    06 tacoma owner

06 tacoma owner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Western KY
    Vehicle:
    2006 AC super white 4x4
    4 inch lift, 6000k HIDs, weathertechs, Pioneer head unit with bluetooth, 285/70 trail grapplers, aero turbine muffler w/ flowmaster 3 inch stainless tip
    Wow, I guess Dennys hires idiots.

13. Jan 4, 2013 at 9:30 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    How many clean-cut guys wearing suits and open-carrying guns are looking for trouble?

The guy that's open-carrying is going to be the last of my worries.
    Especially now that it's illegal in CA, I'm going to assume that he's a cop even if he's wearing Levis and a Metallica t-shirt.

14. Jan 4, 2013 at 9:50 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    No Truck
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    ]

You have a point Gabe, & maybe the management was trying to make a point (not sure what it would be ), they may not be anti gun at all.. Whats illinois stand on conceal/carry open/carry ?? As far as laws anyway ??

I'm just sayin' there may be another reason for the request, just trying to see all sides is all...

15. Jan 4, 2013 at 9:53 PM
    double dee

double dee Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derrick
    Little Rock, AR
    Vehicle:
    14 DCSB 4X4 MGM
    Boosted and lots of $$$ down the drain
  16. Jan 4, 2013 at 9:55 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    California is the Wild West compared to Ill.

Zero civilian CCW... non-issue state.

I'm not familiar with IL open-carry laws, but Chicago had a complete ban on personal ownership of handguns (which brought us the MacDonald case).

17. Jan 4, 2013 at 9:56 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    This.

And their 55+ menu is the same as the regular menu, just a buck cheaper.

Denny's 55+ menu is a buck cheaper, and half the food.

18. Jan 4, 2013 at 9:59 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    No Truck
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Unrelated... look who made the banner !!!.....:D

[​IMG]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Curt

19. Jan 4, 2013 at 10:44 PM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    Before everyone rushes off to boycott Denny's, do remember this was a single restaurant (in Belleville Illinois), not the entire Denny's restaurant chain. Most of the Denny's restaurants are franchisee-owned, meaning the franchise owner, not the Denny's Corporation, sets restaurant policies outside those agreed in the franchise contract. To boycott other restaurants would be to punish those businesses (and their employees) for something they had absolutely no involvement in.

If you click on the "source" link under the article (or here), you'll see the (plain clothes) detectives were on-duty (in the middle of their meal), with their badges in full view, either by their handguns or worn around their necks. There were also portable police radios on the table. Even after the officers explained they were cops, they were still told they could not carry their weapons in the business. As the officers were leaving, a second manager showed up and told the officers they could stay (with their weapons). The officers, feeling they had already caused enough of a disturbance, decided to leave anyway.

Denny's immediately released a statement saying in part “Denny’s policy permits law enforcement officials to carry their firearms in the restaurant and we regret any misunderstanding.” An official from the Denny’s franchise met with police and assured them Denny’s welcomes any law enforcement officer to carry their weapons while inside a Denny’s. The restaurant called the situation a “misunderstanding.” As a result, Belleville Police Chief William Clay lifted the ban keeping on-duty officers away from the Denny’s restaurant.

20. Jan 5, 2013 at 6:33 AM
    k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    Dude seriously..IHOP has the best pancakes ever!! I always have to fight with the people in there to pay for my meal. We always leave huge tips for the staff cause They love having the police in there. I always get a treat for the mutt to. They are the best. I still like Denny's although I will drive cross county to eat at IHOP. No hard feelings to denny's. It's a grand slam!

To Top