1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hate Car salesman/dealerships

Discussion in 'North East' started by AI Surf Fisher, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Dec 15, 2011 at 1:49 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    Cash for Clunkers did not require the whole vehicle destroyed. The wrecking yards were allowed to remove parts before the car was completely junked. All engines were destroyed so that the vehicles did not end up back into circulation.

We are also talking about vehicles that were worth less than $4,500 but most that were destroyed were worth much less.

Actually the lack of new car sales has dampened the used car market. No new car sales, no used car trade ins. It's not rocket science. The Cash for Clunkers program was so short the impact is pretty small when it comes to the total volume of the used car market.

2. Dec 15, 2011 at 1:56 PM
    beerye

beerye Steel Curtain!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    02 TRD 4x4 5spd
    3" suspension lift 2009 Tacoma Alloys K&N Intake
    Been in the business for 9 years, Dexterdog is 100% corrent
    :bowdown:
    None the less, 18k is a retarded amount for that truck. I got my 02 access cab 5 spd trd sr5 3.4L 4x4 for $10,500.

3. Dec 15, 2011 at 2:57 PM
    bobg03

bobg03 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NE Ct
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Wheels, Bull Bar, Tonneau Cover
    You're correct on the salvage of parts and destroying of the motors, I was in a hurry when I typed this morning. But crushed or not the vehicles were removed from the used car market, which is the point I was attempting to make.

And in actuality on the private mkt, those $4500 dollar trades were probably worth more in most instances had they been sold that way....but we all know that the dealer trade value is the lowest they will give you..:D

The 100k mile $5000 car that Joe's used auto used to sell is now on the dealers front line for $9999....

4. Dec 15, 2011 at 4:05 PM
    hetkind

hetkind Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Howard
    Johnson City
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 Access Cab, white with Leer Cap
    bilstein set at 1.75, Racho 5000 rear with 4 leaf kit, floor mats, high lift jack, pull hook in hitch, bed rail corner braces, severe duty brake pads and devil horns on the grill....
    Also, don't forget, total car sales were way down 09-11 so that can attribute to the higher prices of used cars...

Howard

5. Dec 15, 2011 at 5:51 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    Unfortunately new car dealerships carry premium prices on the used vehicles they keep on the lot. Even though they may get it dirt cheap it will cost them more in overhead and reconditioning than a little mom and pop lot. Other vehicles they pick up at auction. Most if not all new car dealerships will not carry anything used older than a few years old. Either they send it to auction or if they have a used lot at a different location they will ship it there.

6. Jan 30, 2012 at 7:56 PM
    mea4dxl

mea4dxl Well-Known Member

Member:
    NY/NJ
    Vehicle:
    2012 Access cab 2wd
    Things are only worth what ppl are willing to pay for it. He was over priced and you were under. maybe 15k is the rite # for it. Here is a tip. Go on the last 2 days of the month and see what they will do it for.

Products Discussed in

To Top