1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hate my phone, need suggestions on new

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Chickenmunga, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Jun 26, 2009 at 4:13 PM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga [OP] Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    Alright, so my employer supplies my cell phone. This means that my phone is free and I get a plan with all the bells and whistles. :) However, the two hard and fast rules are that we are with Sprint :anonymous: and I am required to get a WinMo-based phone :mad::help::bananadead::rain::rant::sick::smash:

I currently have a Pam 700wx on WinMo 5. It's about the worst smartphone you can get. It's not even a not-smart phone. It's a damn mentally stupid phone.

Given my options, it looks like I'm saddled with an HTC or a Treo Pro when it comes around to upgrades, which I'm told might be soon. Any opinions from the gallery?

2. Jun 26, 2009 at 4:17 PM
    Untamed_SS

Untamed_SS Stayed Up Too Late

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue Access Cab
    Alpine iDA-X200 Deck, Rockford P3, Infinity 1600 A Amp, Black Badges, "KnightRider Mod", Back-up lights. Painted Engine Cover. TRD QuickShifter & Shift Knob. MAF Calibrator. Doug Thorley LT Headers. Custom Y-Pipe. Flowmaster 50 series. Satoshi Grill
    HTC Touch here! I love it. Best phone I ever owned. Like it more than the igay

3. Jun 26, 2009 at 4:22 PM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga [OP] Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    I used to have the T-Mobile (HTC) Wing, which had funky errors every now and then. It was also a bit slow. Barely used it before I got hired here.

How often do you have to restart/pull out the battery? Any probs with bluetooth? Might be hard to answer, but is speed any better on this one? Do you find you phone jumping through menus during a call because of your ear being pressed against it?

4. Jun 26, 2009 at 4:30 PM
    Untamed_SS

Untamed_SS Stayed Up Too Late

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue Access Cab
    Alpine iDA-X200 Deck, Rockford P3, Infinity 1600 A Amp, Black Badges, "KnightRider Mod", Back-up lights. Painted Engine Cover. TRD QuickShifter & Shift Knob. MAF Calibrator. Doug Thorley LT Headers. Custom Y-Pipe. Flowmaster 50 series. Satoshi Grill
    I never have a problem pushing buttons when i'm on the phone. I restart the phone about once every 3 days or so just to do it. Hardly ever have message/email errors. Syncing to the PC is fast and easy.

I've never used blue tooth so I'm sorry can't help you there. But I would say it works just fine, since everthing else does. I've used the "beam" feature a lot, sending ringtones to my friends and whatnot.

Products Discussed in

To Top