1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Haulin an ATV

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by FishTaco, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Sep 25, 2008 at 12:41 PM
    tacoma26

tacoma26 Member

Member:
    I put my 400ex in the back of my dbl cab short bed for about 3 months and had no problems...except for space. After a day of riding I'd be covered in mud and have to leave my riding gear in the back with the 4 wheeler and tailgate down. I never lost anything but it was always crammed full and a huge pita. So I bought a 5x8 trailer and bolted a lockabe toolbox to the front of it, works flawlessly for storing gear, fuel, coolers, etc and locking everything while you're out riding.

2. Sep 25, 2008 at 4:01 PM
    supra90140

supra90140 Well-Known Member

Member:
    telford pa
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab 4x4 lb trd sport speedway blue tow pkg
    weather tech floor liners
    I have a 2000 400ex Honda and it fits right in the bed with ease. Fits between the wheel wells too. But I also have a trailer. Have towed 3 on the trailer and one the bed with ease.

3. Sep 27, 2008 at 2:37 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    I have a 07 Suzuki Z400, it fits in my short bed..between the wells (knobbies and sand tires fit, measures 44 inches) with tailgate down, but the atv doesn't have any weight on the gate. Added tie downs to the front just like the ones in the back. Slide the ramp under the atv and bungie cord it to the atv. Also use a security chain and padlock to secure everything in the bed if I'm going to have to leave it in a parking lot for a few, then use the chain/lock to secure everything while out riding, I lock it to the tailgate hooks.

The tailgate mostly bend from weight in the center from a motorcycle/dirtbike.

4. Feb 21, 2009 at 1:03 PM
    Liam1234

Liam1234 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    09 DC, LB, TRD Sport, 4x4, Tow, Magnetic Grey
    Access Literider Tonneau Cover Auto Remote Start Nfab side steps
    Posting Pics of my 09 DC, LB 4x4 and 2005 Honda Rancher 4x4 ES. I have a aftermarket front bash plate and a winch and becasue of this I need to leave my tailgate down. I think it would work if I backed up my ATV on the truck. Not a big deal though.

See pics.

IMG_3118.jpg
    IMG_3119.jpg
    IMG_3120.jpg
    IMG_3122.jpg

5. Feb 21, 2009 at 1:18 PM
    jeremy_283

jeremy_283 Super Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad Access Cab 4x4 Auto 4.0L
    Hella Rallye 4000 Cornering Lights PIAA 510 Fog Lights All Pro Front Bumper All Pro Rear Bumper All Pro Transfer Case Skid All Pro IFS Skid All Pro Rock Sliders All Pro High Clearance Hitch OME Dakar Leaf Springs OME Rear Shocks OME Front Shocks OME 885 Front Coils Wet Okole Seat Covers WeatherTech Floor Liners Sony Head Unit JL XD600/1 Amp 2 JL Audio 10” Subwoofers Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Kenwood Front Speakers Sony Rear Speakers Sound Deadening Mats LED Interior Lighting Pop N’ Lock Tailgate Lock Viper Alarm System Extra D-Rings In Truck Bed Maglite Seat Mount Disable Seatbelt Chime Rear Differential Breather Relocation Hi-Lift Bed Mount Flexible Front Mud Flaps 110v Inverter Always At 400w ABS Kill Switch Locking Center Console Removed Sway Bar
    i have a race quad, its 50 inches wide... i dont know if utilities are any wider... but 50 inches is the maximum width for a race quad... mine fits so good in my access cab that i dont even use tie downs.... the wheel wells hold the front wheels in place perfectly

6. Mar 3, 2011 at 6:10 PM
    Snowman11

Snowman11 Supreme Ruler

Member:
    First Name:
    Snow
    Near Philly
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB TuRD Sport
    5100 Billies
    Mine squeezed between but really bowed the front wheels so there was like 10 degrees of camber. So I built this platform. I can almost close the gate so I'm thinking of building it up higher or buying this:
    http://www.shop.extremeformatv.com/

platform.jpg
    leveled.jpg

7. Mar 4, 2011 at 4:52 PM
    Sighless

Sighless Well-Known Member

Member:
    TORONTO
    Vehicle:
    10 SR5
    i put a bombardier ds650 in my box without issues.. i even closed the tailgate.. it was tight though.

8. Mar 4, 2011 at 4:58 PM
    KevLot17

KevLot17 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '10 Blacked Out TRD Sport
    Debadged, Toytec Ultimate Lift, Banks Monster Exhaust, AFE Pro Dry filter, Black Grillecraft grille, Flat Black background headlights, Red Blinkers and markers with alternating turn signal mod, Krypton Bulbs 6000K Headlights and Fogs, Fog Light anytime Mod, LED interior lights with map light mod, AVS Black Taillight Covers, Tinted Windows, WeatherTech Digital floor liners.
    X2, on the 400, except in my access.. im buying a 5X8 and putting my truck toolbox from my old truck on the front!

Products Discussed in

To Top