1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Have a question about Hi-Lift Jacks!?!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by The Mega, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Nov 29, 2009 at 2:49 PM
    The Mega

The Mega [OP] Get Routy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    06 4X4 Speedway Blue
    Xenon 8000k H.I.D Fogs and Mains, TRD CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust, Demello Offroad Sliders, Icon Coilovers, Allpro Rear Leaf Pack w/Fox resi, Ubolt Flip Kit, Snugtop Tonueau, Total Chaos UCA, Steal Brake Lines All Around, Viper Remote Start, Custom Emblem Work, Black Tail Lights, and Flashlight Mod, Devil Emblem, Color Matched Interior
    Okay, so I'm looking to get a Hi-Lift Jack here soon and I am not sure which one is best for our truck. Should I go with the 48" or the 60" jack, and what is the major benefits of the Xtreme jack over the other? Thanks guys:D

2. Nov 29, 2009 at 2:56 PM
    Dashe

Dashe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Charleston
    Vehicle:
    Black Double Cab SR5 4x4
    debadged, Grillcraft grille with FJ emblem, KC SlimLite Driving Lights behind grille, Bilstein 5100's, Eibach 1.6" lift springs, add-a-leaf, Pro Comp 7089 wheels, BFGoodrich A/T 285/75/16, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CB with Wilson Flex antenna
    im sure youll be fine with the 48" jack. and my $.02 about the xtreme jack is that it's probably not worth the extra money.

3. Nov 29, 2009 at 4:47 PM
    The Mega

The Mega [OP] Get Routy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    06 4X4 Speedway Blue
    Xenon 8000k H.I.D Fogs and Mains, TRD CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust, Demello Offroad Sliders, Icon Coilovers, Allpro Rear Leaf Pack w/Fox resi, Ubolt Flip Kit, Snugtop Tonueau, Total Chaos UCA, Steal Brake Lines All Around, Viper Remote Start, Custom Emblem Work, Black Tail Lights, and Flashlight Mod, Devil Emblem, Color Matched Interior
    Yea I only plan on lifting from my sliders, but just so I know what is the major difference with the Xtreme?

4. Nov 30, 2009 at 4:43 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    48" jack will be plenty.

If you visit their website...you can find what the differences are
    http://www.hi-lift.com/

5. Dec 8, 2009 at 4:37 PM
    notYOtaco

notYOtaco Member

Member:
    ventura county, ca
    Vehicle:
    05 offroad 4x4 dc
  6. Dec 8, 2009 at 4:57 PM
    crittergitter

crittergitter Proud to be Canadian Navy

Member:
    First Name:
    Stu
    Shearwater, NS
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma 4WD Double Cab
    Bugger, skid plate, colour coded cap, bed mat, AFE Air Filter, Rear diff breather mod, Chirp on door lock;unlock, ABS mod, Weathertechs front and rear, 60" Hi-lift jack, LED light mod in rear bed, 12V accessory in bed, n more stuff.
    I like the 60" as you can also use it to pull you out from a "sticky" situation if you put a clevice on each end to hook tow ropes on. The 60" gives you an extra foot of pulling before re-adjusting chains or tow ropes.

7. Dec 8, 2009 at 9:56 PM
    The Mega

The Mega [OP] Get Routy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    06 4X4 Speedway Blue
    Got the 48" all cast. Thanks for your guys suggestions. Going to be mounting it in the bed tomorrow morning, I'll try and post a pic when i get time.

8. Dec 9, 2009 at 9:22 AM
    notYOtaco

notYOtaco Member

Member:
    ventura county, ca
    Vehicle:
    05 offroad 4x4 dc
    Can u get the 60 into a short bed?

What r u guys using to mount? Is there a way to lock it?

9. Dec 9, 2009 at 10:55 AM
    BeachBoy

BeachBoy Well-Known Member

Member:
    VT & QC
    Vehicle:
    '09 DC LB Sport+Leather
    Icon Extended COs / Camburg UCA / ATX Predator Teflon / Mickey Thompson MTZ / Color-Matched emblems / All-Pro Bumper & skids / Stubbs HD-SKO / Alcans custom leafs / U-Bolt flip / Icon rear resi shocks / Rear Bumper
    60", don't go 48.

in the trail, you'll be glad you got the 602. We had many cases where the 48 was nto high enough.

10. Dec 9, 2009 at 10:56 AM
    BeachBoy

Member:
    VT & QC
    Vehicle:
    '09 DC LB Sport+Leather
    Icon Extended COs / Camburg UCA / ATX Predator Teflon / Mickey Thompson MTZ / Color-Matched emblems / All-Pro Bumper & skids / Stubbs HD-SKO / Alcans custom leafs / U-Bolt flip / Icon rear resi shocks / Rear Bumper
    yes it fits.

on mine i use the 4xRAC mounts. I have a long bed bu a bunch of fellow CT4WDers have the short bed and the 60"

11. Dec 9, 2009 at 6:51 PM
    DrRabbitFurHead

DrRabbitFurHead Yeah, there's a TSB for that!

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    X-treme Off Road Edition (4x4)
    Icon Extended Travel Coil Overs, Fox Rear Resi 8-Way Adjustable Shocks, Light Racing UCA's, OME Rear Leafs, M/T Classic Locks 17x9, Nitto T/G (285/70/R17), 5mm Billet Aluminum Spacers, Demello Sliders, All Pro Front Plate Bumper & IFS Skid Plate, PIAA 510's, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, O2 sims, Rear Timbren's & U-Bolt Flip Kit , 3* Rear Axel Shims, Extended Rear Brake Lines, 48" Hi-Lift with a ton of accessories, Wet Okoles, TRD bed mat, Borla Air Filter, Garmin Nuvi 765T, Viper 5901 remote start, 50% tint.
    Waiting for pics... Need to see what my Christmas present will look like... oops, not supposed to know that that really heavy, weird shaped box in the basement is!

12. Dec 9, 2009 at 9:23 PM
    The Mega

The Mega [OP] Get Routy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    06 4X4 Speedway Blue
    I'll have pics up tomorrow it came out awesome. I used a 4XRAC and just mounted it on the driver side of the be. It low enough so I can still put my tonneau cover back on. I also used large fender washers on the other side of the bed so there is no way for it to rip through. And the carriage bolts that the jack sits on has holes for master locks

13. Dec 10, 2009 at 9:52 AM
    freeze

freeze Well-Known Member

Member:
    Always go with a 60" if you can. Like Beachboy said...

- Sometimes you'll be using it when the ground is not level with your Tacoma.

- You want to try to stay in the middle range of the post. (Too high and you risk bending or get really tippy. The 48" you lose post length real quick.

- Sometimes your hi-lift will sink into snow, soft dirt, mud.

- Sliders, ARB Bumpers, or the Slee Off-Road attachment are great points to use to Hi-Lift off of. Never the rear trailer hitch.

- The Xtreme has some extra parts to expand the uses of the Hi-Lift right out of the box.

- Do get some wheel chocks, leather work gloves, and WD-40 as well.

- 4XRack works great on the driver's side of the composite bed or on the floor of the bed

14. Dec 10, 2009 at 9:56 AM
    freeze

freeze Well-Known Member

Member:
    The UTV is for ATV's and similar. I saw it there and it's nice and stubby.

15. Dec 10, 2009 at 9:57 AM
    freeze

freeze Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yup you can lock it with small pad locks in the 4XRack

16. Dec 10, 2009 at 10:06 AM
    Rhino8541

Rhino8541 I like ze best!

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Check out my build thread.

Do you say never the hitch even if your using a shackle receiver? If so why not? I'm guessing its because the receiver is designed for parallel stresses, not perpendicular. But please elaborate, thanks.

17. Dec 10, 2009 at 11:05 AM
    freeze

freeze Well-Known Member

Member:
    If you use your Hi-Lift on your receiver you'll end up just shunting your truck instead of lifting it.

There's no opposing forces holding your truck straight so it'll just fall off the jack to either side.

18. Dec 10, 2009 at 11:38 AM
    DaWillDaBeast

DaWillDaBeast Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Orlando FL
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 with some goodies
    Things
    X100 do not lift on the hitch, I made this mistake and came about a centimeter away from having my highlift handle rip through my tailgate like a can opener.

19. Dec 10, 2009 at 11:51 AM
    The Mega

The Mega [OP] Get Routy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    06 4X4 Speedway Blue
    This is how it looks in the bed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Dec 10, 2009 at 12:15 PM
    BeachBoy

Member:
    VT & QC
    Vehicle:
    '09 DC LB Sport+Leather
    I have my baseplate on the cab side, and handle towards the rear. driver's side.

To Top