1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Have a question for the educated. . .

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by VirginiaBound, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Feb 24, 2010 at 9:19 AM

VirginiaBound [OP] Whyareyoureadingthis?

Jun 22, 2009
    First Name:
    Sam I am, green eggs and ham
    North of Maine, South of Spain
    Im looking for some performance headers for my truck. I have had a crack in my manifold since I purchased the vehicle and I either need to replace it with another stock one or with something after market. Im soon to be living near Asheville Nc, and needless to say driving on the interstate with my four cylinder down there requires some down shifting if I want to maintain 70mph up the hills. I also want some general performance in the low and midrange.

Ive done alot of research on here and seen different headers and videos of exhaust sounds and such and it looks like its going to run me around 500 for decent headers? I dont want to drop alot in the truck as Im planning on selling in sometime in the next year. Im completely lost on which headers to purchase and which will give the best bang for the buck. I found these for less than 200 dollars but Im thinking their probable not going to do much power wise.

Im not looking for amazing power increases and in general I think the 2.7 is a beastly little engine. If anyone on here could give me a direction to go on in this extremely over asked question I would really appreciate it. Thanks guys
  2. Feb 24, 2010 at 2:15 PM

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell o

May 1, 2007
    First Name:
    York,South Carolina
    '13 Silverado ext cab
    semd a pm to chris4x4............he has mentioned a set of really good headers before for the 4cyl, but i honestly cant remember what they were.
To Top