1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Have any of you ever got a front plate ticket?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jeremy_283, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Dec 22, 2008 at 12:18 AM
    ERdept

ERdept Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have had this ticket when I was making an interchange from one freeway to another.

I so happen to let a CHP (California Highway Patrol) officer who was merging beside me in front as a courtesy.

He then did a double take to the lack of front plate and moved over to the side and pulled me over.

I literally had no clue as to why I got pulled over.

He then walked up and said I had no front plate. I said, It's paired up with my back plate, so I do have it, just not mounted on the front.

He then said he's let me go on that, but give me a ticket for no seatbelt, which was true, but I get a ticket for NO SEATBELT as a result of no front plate.

BS!

2. Dec 22, 2008 at 6:50 PM
    duckcmdr

duckcmdr If it flies it dies!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB 4x4
    ARB Winch Bumper, Cabelas trial gear 2 mats, Wade vent shades, rear TSB, Toytec TSB AAL ,5100's set to 0,886 coils w/top plate 285/75/16 Treadwright at on Raceline Raptors, Toytec Diff drop, Bud Built Skids,Total Chaos LCA Skids,Devil horns,LED Dome Light,Scan Gauge, Rear Diff Breather, Revenge Fab Sliders. XRC 8 winch, Safari Snorkel, KC Daylighters 100 watt, Redline hood Struts & ez-down tailgate, G-stop extended SS brake lines,Homeroshi front grill and snorkle grill, relentless fab hc rear bumper

Where does the plate relocator move the plate to?

3. Dec 22, 2008 at 6:59 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    I haven't either, BUT I did get a ticket for tinted windows. While the officer was writing the ticket, he did walk to the front to look if I had one there! Hmmm...

4. Dec 22, 2008 at 7:00 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    yeah, me either. never had one on my last truck and never put one on my Taco. never been a problem for me after driving without one for 4 years.

5. Dec 23, 2008 at 7:02 AM
    Mass

Mass Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    '08 Double Cab, Black TRD Sport
    Nothing yet, but hopefully Christmas will change that...
    I don't have one on my truck, and the only time I have been pulled over was because the cop wanted to make sure I knew it was missing. Apparently there had been a string of license plate thefts in the area.

6. Dec 23, 2008 at 11:13 AM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    i've always been bothered by the front plate. i've never been pulled over for it, although through the years some of my vehicles have had it, some not. what is the purpose of the front plate? as stated above...in case i try to run in reverse? i'm thinking they use it as a target for their laser guns becuase of it's reflectivity. it could be so that the auto scan cameras can pick them up on parked cars on both sides of the road? yes, they have cameras that can read every plate on a two-way street as they drive down it. supposed to be so they can recover stolen vehicles...who the hell steals a car and then keeps the owners plates on??? i think it's just another way for The Man to keep an eye on us, so we don't hurt ourselves. i can't come up with a single reason not having a front plate is dangerous in any way.

i do have one on my truck at present.

Products Discussed in

To Top