1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Have you developed VIBES or Humm/Buzz Since Lifting?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Negative1, Dec 14, 2009.

?

Have you developed VIBES or Humm/Buzz Since Lifting?

1. I've never had any vibrations since lifting.

26.2%
  2. Yes I have the vibrations since lifting.

64.3%
  3. Had the vibrations but fixed them (please post to explain)

5.1%
  4. Yes I had the vibrations, but even before I lifted.

4.4%
  1. Mar 11, 2013 at 5:22 PM
    Sgtfluffy16

Sgtfluffy16 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    PA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport
    20% tint, HID headlights/ yellow fog light bulbs and LED lights interior/exterior lights. 4.5 Inch RCD lift, 1 Piece custom driveshaft, AEM intake, Dynomax Exhaust, Amp research Moto-bed extender, Extang Express tonno.

hahha I have about that VERY SAME speeds do I have a slight vibration..but I have done that shims and different carrier bearing spacers and drops and even did pinion angle shims.. nothing helped I actually JUST dropped off my driveshaft today. I had a 1 piece made hoping it would fix my issue (my carrier bearing was bad to begin with) now my driveshaft shop is re doing my driveshaft again.. back to a 2 piece and doing a different/stronger carrier bearing.. we will see what happens by the end of the week

2. Mar 15, 2013 at 2:09 PM
    dcurtis

dcurtis Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Chico, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD
    5100 Billy's eibach springs
    I installed eibach springs and 5100's on all 4 corners. Set the 5100 to .85 with a 1/4 spacer on the drivers side only. I have ordered firestone ride rite air bags for the back but haven't put them in yet. I have a vibration from 25-40 mph. Nothing too bad, but I can feel it in the gas pedal like others have stated. I didn't change anything other than the front at this point.

I'm guessing from reading this that I have a diff bearing going out. I really don't want to tear the whole front end apart again right now. I think I'm going to live with for a while.

3. Mar 15, 2013 at 6:18 PM
    Sgtfluffy16

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    PA
    Vehicle:
    20% tint, HID headlights/ yellow fog light bulbs and LED lights interior/exterior lights. 4.5 Inch RCD lift, 1 Piece custom driveshaft, AEM intake, Dynomax Exhaust, Amp research Moto-bed extender, Extang Express tonno.
    wellp new 2 peice driveshaft is back on and this time using a new different style Spicer carrier bearing all feels good at all speeds cept the 25-30 slight vibration especially when decelerating without the brake

4. Mar 17, 2013 at 6:58 AM
    moondeath

moondeath Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pa, Gardners
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    5100 @ 0” w/ 2.5” Eibach spring, 1.5" Icon Progressive 3 leaf + 1” block, Procomp Wheels, Grill Thin Lip (Custom Car Grills Mod), Access Tonneau Cover, Pop & Lock Tailgate Electronic Lock PL8521
    I noticed some after I lifted, but only experience it when I crest a sharp hill going at a higher speed. As the truck begins to lift while I'm going over the hill I will feel a slight vibration.

5. Apr 22, 2013 at 6:07 AM
    maxpower29

maxpower29 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 2.7 5 speed SWB
    All season mats, 2nd filter delete, DT header, Jardine cat-back, URD shifter, Bilstein 5100's all around at .85 front with Eibachs + .25 passenger/.5 drivers spacers and 1.5 AAL, 0w20 synthetic, Scanguage II, extra D rings, OEM backup camera+Mirror, bed mat, Extang Solid Fold, Popnlock 5300, Pro Comp 7089's 4.5bs 285/70/17 Revo 2s, De-badged
    When you guys say vibes, I'm not sure I have the same problem. Anyone care to help. When I take off from start, I get a huge vibe like sound similar to as if my exhaust is lose and hitting something. It's pretty loud and didn't happen until about 4 months after my 1.5 AAL was installed. Is this the same sort of sound you guys have? What's the consensus on a fix?

6. Apr 23, 2013 at 3:13 PM
    mudpuppet

mudpuppet Must pay wife for safe passage

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Somewhere between where Arizona blows and Texas su
    Vehicle:
    Lunar Mist Metallic 03 Taco, X-CAB 4X4 TRD
    American Racing 16X8 Bully Nerf Bars, Toytec 3" w/ Eibach Coils 5100's, Dakars, Poly steering bushings, billet x-cab window latch, XM, trenz billet upper grille, billet lower grille, TRD Skid Plate
    No Vibes after installation of lift, however I have a humming noise after about 40mph similar to reving the engine while in neutral if you know what I mean.
    I installed a Toytec 3" Ultimate with Dakars and LR UCA's.

1.) Installed 3 degrees Rear axle shims
    2.) Diff Drop
    3.) 7/8" Carrier bearing drop to really get the drivelines straight.

Lastly, I had an alignment and wheel balancing as well.

7. Sep 1, 2013 at 7:05 AM
    bama trd

bama trd Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2007 Silver Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Painted Grill with painted Land Cruiser emblem,Tinted Windows, BF Goodrich AT 275/70/17's on 4 Runner SR5 Rims, Bilstein 5100 front and Rear, debadged, fog light on anytime mod,
    Sub'd ...5100's (Downsouth Motorsports) all around with 2" rear blocks. Front came set at highest level , I left it there . Truck looks GREAT , just slight vibrations at low speed take off and slowing . Also feels loose when driving in 5th gear, not as tight as factory. About to start with the Carrier Bearing 1/4- 1/2" drop with washers and go from there.

8. Jun 1, 2015 at 1:02 PM
    Sgtfluffy16

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    PA
    Vehicle:
    vibrations are gone now thanks to the frame and leaf spring recall

Products Discussed in

To Top