1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

having a shop rebuild my drivetrain?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Greensystemsgo, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Dec 20, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Greensystemsgo [OP] Clean 1 owner with low miles.

Jun 13, 2011
    First Name:
    Peoria, AZ
    99' 4x4
    Suspension/bumpers/lights/sound/wheels and tires/old man tan camper
    replaced a ujoint and carrier bearing 2000 miles ago and apparently I didn't properly mark it so now its off balance.

Called a shop, arizona differential, and they quoted me 1350-1500 to fix what I feel is a lot.

Rebuild/regear both diffs, rebuild/reseal transfer/tranny, rebuild/rebalance drive shaft, install tranny mount, and flywheel. This includes wheel bearings. The mount/flywheel I already have as well as one ujoint.

What's everyones thoughts? I wish I could do it myself, but don't have the time, and need the reliability. And a warranty is nice too.

As for the regear, he said maybe 5.29s I think? At 55mph I'm at 2000rpm. Its killing me as I do aloooooot of free way driving.

I'm going to try and put up with wobby driveshaft until I can get my lt ucas rebuilt so I can have em install those too as they're gonna have spindle pulled anyways.
To Top