1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Having hard time moving on...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 04LTtacoma, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Oct 23, 2010 at 12:22 AM
    toy02ota

toy02ota Local TW dissenter

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Brownsville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2005 Chevy Silverado
    I recently went through break up after 2 years of dating. For the first little bit I was obsessed with trying to keep a friendship at the very least. But after seeing her just keep pushing away the more I tried to keep control, I said fuck it. I haven't talked to her in a good 3 weeks. I've also been talking to another girl (not just a random one) and we have had a blast. My ex has been trying to get in touch with me constantly now that I walked away completely. She even had her cousin spy on me :rolleyes:. The one thing I kept telling myself when I was in the pile of shit phase was that "I am the only person who controls my happiness. My joy is not dependent on her or anyone else for that matter. Things can only be as bad as I let it be." Its hard, but necessary I suppose.

2. Oct 23, 2010 at 2:06 PM
    SAIRS

SAIRS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Super White 2012 Double Cab LB TRD SPORT
    Icon Extended Travel Stage 1, Total Chaos UCA's, Dakkar leaf pack, Beefed DCLB Sliders with extended kickout and custom BSP, Beefed Custom exo-rear tube bumper, Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft mod. Front mudflaps removed, Access LE soft tonneau cover, Weathertech digital floor mat, Weathertech window deflectors, Weathertech license plate frames. future plans = diamond plate tailgate mod, Venture Shield, TRD supercharger...the dream goes on and on....

Your ex has what I like to call the 'abandoned toy syndrome".

3. Oct 23, 2010 at 2:13 PM
    SAIRS

SAIRS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Icon Extended Travel Stage 1, Total Chaos UCA's, Dakkar leaf pack, Beefed DCLB Sliders with extended kickout and custom BSP, Beefed Custom exo-rear tube bumper, Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft mod. Front mudflaps removed, Access LE soft tonneau cover, Weathertech digital floor mat, Weathertech window deflectors, Weathertech license plate frames. future plans = diamond plate tailgate mod, Venture Shield, TRD supercharger...the dream goes on and on....
    I had an engagement fall apart because she was basically a run away bride. She had a history of panicing when ever she got close to marriage. I was her second ex fiancee. She is married now, but the poor guy she ended up marrying, wow. as of the monday before she got married, it was still called off. they had sent out announcements, then she freaked, and sent out cancelation notices. she actually went through with it.

I lost over $2,000 on the wedding ring. It sucks, but I really dont think she would be a good person to have as a wife whenever things get hard.

It sucks, but you just gotta find a way to distract yourself, even if its with another girl. That is really your best bet. Go find someone else. I left the state for about 7 months for work and I got completely consumed with other matters and it was the best thing for me.

4. Oct 23, 2010 at 2:19 PM
    Toyota Truck

Toyota Truck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prerunnner
    Magnaflow Muffler-TSB springs-Nuvi 265wt-aFe pro dry s filter-Husky Liners-Blue dome light-extra d-rings-OME 90000 sport struts-885 coils-N182 shocks-TSB AAL-LR UCAs-procomp black alloy rims- nitto terra grapplers-20% tint
    It's a part of life, but you'll find some else. Spend time with family and friends. Maybe take a break from dateing.

5. Oct 23, 2010 at 2:43 PM
    PowerGuy

PowerGuy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mac
    Holden Beach, NC
    Vehicle:
    17 TRD OR Access Cab, 4x4
    FN FX Pro wheels/265/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers G2
    I think we've all been there. What ever you do, don't take her back, she'll end up doing it again. Women are EVIL!!!!!

6. Oct 23, 2010 at 2:53 PM
    SAIRS

SAIRS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:

My ex-fiancee randomly freaked 4 times on me. PowerGuy...truer words have never been spoken

7. Oct 23, 2010 at 3:29 PM
    ink junky

ink junky I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)
    Ha x2 on what almost everybody here said, :)

This goes for everybody in general. ..." ain't no pain like from the opposite sex"

8. Oct 23, 2010 at 3:37 PM
    BDP

BDP Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Taco PreRunner Stepside V6
    Like I and others have said only time heals.

No doubt about it, you are going to feel like crap for quite a while.

How long? I don't know, it depends on the person.

I was with my first real gf for 3 years. And I was crying like a bitch for 6 months to probably a year after.

And let me tell you, she was hot as hell. Let me repeat a fucking dime piece. As a matter a fact till this day I haven't been with one sexier than her. But, it's all good because I was 18 to 21 with her. Now I am 25 and have banged many more girls, and more importantly I learned a lot from her and other girls about the things I like and dislike in a woman.

And looking back now, I can clearly see what I couldn't see then, that she was not the right girl for me.
    You'll get older and realize what you really want in a woman: Integrity, Loyalty, flexibility, attractiveness and of course a great attitude! etc..

Having a gf and being single both have there pros and cons.
    You are young like me and many others here. Stay busy and the right girl will come along when you not looking for her, and when she does you might even miss being single.

Now it's time to drink, eat, and watch UFC 121!!

-Paul:thumbsup:

9. Oct 23, 2010 at 3:44 PM
    TacoNut

TacoNut IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Denver, Co
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD OR DCSB Quicksand
    Twice for me...

They ask why all men are assholes, or why all men have trust issues and shit?
    It's because all men have had a woman in their life that's done that to them.

10. Oct 23, 2010 at 3:44 PM
    04LTtacoma

04LTtacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon

While I was going out with my gf she wasn't the only thing that was on my mind. I had school and work going on while I was dating her. For some reason it didn't hurt as much as my first break up, but I think that is pretty normal huh? If my ex was single I think she would have hard time not keeping in contact with me but now she is going out with a butt hole. lol

11. Oct 23, 2010 at 3:46 PM
    04LTtacoma

Member:
    Oregon

That sucks! Tow grand down the drain!

12. Oct 23, 2010 at 3:46 PM
    04LTtacoma

Member:
    Oregon

I am taking a longggggg break from dating.

13. Oct 23, 2010 at 3:48 PM
    04LTtacoma

Member:
    Oregon

Well, that is something I will have to think about. Part of me wants to accept her and the other part doesn't want to accept her.:( We will have to see if she even comes back. I will keep you guys posted. lol

14. Oct 23, 2010 at 3:51 PM
    04LTtacoma

Member:
    Oregon

When I went out with my first gf and she broke up with me I was crying like a little girl for the first couple months. The gf who recently broke up with me I didn't shed one tear. I was hurt, but I am not going to cry over it because that was going to push her away. After she broke up with me she asked if I was okay as in was I crying??? No, I didn't cry. It hurts but it's not worth crying over.

15. Oct 23, 2010 at 3:52 PM
    Fluffymonkey

Fluffymonkey Token

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Trd Sport DC, 07 DC sr5, 03 Prerunner
    2003: Stock 2007: Avid Offroad sliders, 30% front tint, bed mat, Truxedo low-pro qt tonneu cover, aero turbine 2525 muffler w/ 8'' tip, AR25 Resonator, 16x8 Dick Cepek DC-1 w/ 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 2010 headlights, ome 884 coils with .5'' top plate spacer, OME sport front shocks, bilsten 5100s rear, 2'' aal, locking gas cap, LR ucas, Viper 2-way remote start, afe drop in filter, Rocky locking bike mounts, gear chest, scangauge, pop n lock tailgate lock 2013: most things transferred over from my 07, 5100s @ .85 + eibachs and Toytec tps for 3'' front lift, wheelers progressive aal w/ overload; compustar 2-way remote start; Antennex shorty antenna, pop n lock tailgate lock with programmable key, seat covers, Toyota's crappy all-weather floor mats (should have got Husky's or Weathertechs), TRD skid plate, led light pods mounted in front bumper valence w/ Eyourlife wireless harness and remote, led bed lights, light pods mounted in bed, Devil Horns emblem from Diaz Fabrications, rear facing pod lights in bed, under seat lights,
    I hear ya, man. I still dream about my girl almost every night. It's really depressing. (she broke up with me a few weeks ago after dating for 3 years)

16. Oct 23, 2010 at 3:58 PM
    REVHARD25

REVHARD25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    so cal
    Vehicle:
    RUGGED TRAIL PACKAGE
    Tint on front windows. Dnx7120 kenwood. Rear tsb springs. Wet okoles seat covers UWS truck box Weathertech floor mats TSB floor mat hook grommets Satoshi grill AFE drop in filter Fumoto drain valve Bed mat
    Go to a strip club ..feel some new tittayss ...move on...keep very busy ...If your busy all the time you wont have time to think about it....best of luck

17. Oct 23, 2010 at 4:10 PM
    04LTtacoma

Member:
    Oregon
    ^No thanks

18. Oct 23, 2010 at 5:37 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    x2 I have been single for a little over a year now... loved it. Did everything I have wanted to do while I was in the last relationship for 2.5 years. I am just now starting to get back in to the scene.

19. Oct 23, 2010 at 6:03 PM
    04LTtacoma

Member:
    Oregon
    ^ That is what I plan on doing.

20. Oct 24, 2010 at 9:18 AM
    BDP

BDP Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Taco PreRunner Stepside V6

Damn i am hung over...Anyway, I didn't mean cry in the literal sense.

You may not have cried but obviously this girl got to you.

My advise: never talk to her again. But, I'd get some new trim but stay single for a while until you grow a pair.:rasta: No offense.

You need a girl who will do your :washing: and :jerkoff: you off and let you :smash: her :taco: and go out with your buds an get :drunk:come home and

:boink: her :taco: again then wake up and she better have breakfast on the table

because you know what, your :hungry: and she knows her roll.

K im done

-Paul:rimshot:

Products Discussed in

To Top