1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Having some issues with the 2 aux cig lighter ports

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by willtotheumm, May 14, 2010.

1. May 14, 2010 at 3:31 PM
    willtotheumm

willtotheumm [OP] Yo Taco!

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Santa Maria, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 Lunar Mist DC TRD Offroad PreRunner V6
    K&N intake. That is all. For now...
    Anyone else have issues with theirs? The 2 aux cigarette ports don't work on my 03. The normal cig lighter works, but when I pull out my phone charger or ipod charger the entire sleeve comes out with it.

I'm new to Tacos so I wouldn't know where to start on the aux ports...

2. May 14, 2010 at 3:55 PM
    Manlaan

Manlaan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Riverton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2002 XtraCab SR5 V6 4x4 Black
    See Signature
    For the whole sleeve coming out, you'll need to pull off the bezel and give the cig lighter a turn. In one position it'll be locked in place, while otherwise, it'll be able to come out. Just plug something in and see if it pulls out the sleeve when removing it before putting it back together. I did the same thing the first time I took my dash apart. You might be able to get away with trying to rotate the socket with out taking it apart, but make sure you dont use something metal. http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=77 will get you started (stop at step 5).

The only thing I can think of for the other accessory adapters is they didn't get plugged back in when someone last had the dash apart. Pretty easy to skip something like that. Not 100% sure, but I'd assume they're on the same fuse as the main one, but it cant hurt to check. Other than that, it comes down to a wiring problem. I believe there are just two retainers holding that piece of molding on, and once removed, it should be able to be pulled off.

3. May 14, 2010 at 4:41 PM
    scocar

scocar hypotenoper

Member:
    Hey, I got pix in my photo gallery that show how to take apart the entire center console when I had to fix the fan control light. Check out the numbered pix named CDash_Rem.

I think you can start from the bottom and pop in the little gray button fasteners on either side (push in the center, then pull out the whole thing), then just pull straight back on the bottom console panel to get at them.

4. May 15, 2010 at 2:59 PM
    willtotheumm

willtotheumm [OP] Yo Taco!

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Santa Maria, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 Lunar Mist DC TRD Offroad PreRunner V6
    K&N intake. That is all. For now...
    Sweet guys thanks. I'll check it out tomorrow since i'm off. Hopefully that'll fix it.

I went from here in Santa Maria up to Auburn last weekend and had to charge my phone, gps, and ipod all with 1 outlet. Had to make some sacrifices for a bit haha

Products Discussed in

To Top