1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hawaii or Bahamas?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by littledvl, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Apr 26, 2010 at 9:39 PM
    littledvl

littledvl [OP] ride BMX!

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Saint Leonard MD
    Vehicle:
    08 taco dc 4x4 / 15 tundra dc 4x4
    Too many to list
    Thanks ALOT for the breakdown of the islands. That gave me a pretty good understanding on what to expect. Not really trying to be around a ton of peolple (DC is jam packed with tourists) , so I would like to kinda get away from that but if not atleast im used to that kinda thing..

2. Apr 26, 2010 at 9:55 PM
    STR8_BEAST

STR8_BEAST Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    HB, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 PRERUNNER TRD OR
    MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST, SOUND SYSTEM, KENWOOD DNX 7140, WINDOW TINT, REAR TSB, FRONT COIL SPACER, SATOSHI MOD, BHLM, WHITE CALIPERS, CB RADIO W/4FT FIRESTIK, MAGLITE MOD
    go away troll

its ok trolls dont like the sun anyways :p

3. Apr 26, 2010 at 10:07 PM
    genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    Save your money. Hawaii is expensive.

I went back in the 90's & it cost my wife & I about $3000 for 9 days. We had free airfare & one hotel room(1st day in Honolulu) paid with points. It is a long flight from the east coast. We did 1st day in Honolulu, 7 in Maui, 9th in Honolulu. I enjoyed Hawaii.

Don't really care to go back. Mostly because of the distance. Since there are more tropical areas on this side of the US.

4. Apr 27, 2010 at 6:53 AM
    pudge151

pudge151 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum
    i have been to hawaii, mexico, bahamas and cruises. i hav eto say that the best trip i took was to Maui Hawaii we stayed at the Four Seasons in Wialea. it was unreal and i highly recommend it, but you will want to go for at least 10 days, its a LOOOOONG trip. not to mention its expensive. We went for 2 weeks for our honeymoon, including our room bill we spent over 10K.

the very best bang for your buck is Cancun, all inclusive trips there are cheap and its a short rip, if you want to check out the beach, pool, women and just have a good time you can not beat it and wont notice a difference from any other carribean setting. including the bahamas which are OVER PRICED

cruises are fun. but i would say in big groups or with a few family members. if you like to drink it will get expensive. i didnt like it because it was so structured, you had to be at dinner at a certain time, late? well too bad go to the buffet. getting on and off the boat was a bitch.

cancun, riviera maya, or playa del carmen is the way to go. stay away from cozumel unless its only a few days, very small island.

5. Apr 27, 2010 at 7:05 AM
    RckyMntns

RckyMntns Well-Known Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    '07 DC Silver OR
    My wife and I took an Eastern Carribean (Bahamas, Dominican Republic, Virgin Islands) cruise last Oct. It was a blast and muc cheaper the the Hawaii cruises. Our favorite were the Virgin Islands. We rented scooters with a couple we met onboard and drove all around. Lots of fun!

6. Apr 27, 2010 at 8:31 AM
    rob1

rob1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    Indigo Blue DblCab 4X4 Long Bed TRD Sport SR5
    Tail gate mod, locking gas cap, locking spare tire, rear spring tsb,Weathertech Digital fit's
    God knew you would be there....:p:D j/k bro

7. Apr 27, 2010 at 8:51 AM
    rob1

rob1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    Indigo Blue DblCab 4X4 Long Bed TRD Sport SR5
    Tail gate mod, locking gas cap, locking spare tire, rear spring tsb,Weathertech Digital fit's
    o.k Eric you asked for it.
    I have been to Oahu & Maui back in 1995 & 2005 and had a blast both times(seems like yesterday) My wife and I went both times in December, you might want to concider that to be able to see some whales as well.
    We where there for one week, both times, but if you could do two weeks then that's allot better to take in all the sites.
    When in Oahu, go pay your respects to the men who lost there life on the USS Arizona in Pearl Harbor, www.nps.gov/valr/
    After that check out the "North Shore" where the best of the best surfers go. Drive around the Island go check out the Dole Plantation and taste the Pineapple Icecream cone. MMMmmmmmmm ,do some site seeing, drive you can't get lost it's an Island.:rolleyes:
    Check out this website it is so cool, when in front of "Duke" say hi to your family back home "live" www.honolulu.hi.us/cameras (scrow down to waikiki beach live camera) be sure to :wave:
    Fly to Maui (Island hoping) and when there take this trip early morning www.maui-snorkeling-adventures.com been there twice it's awesome, one of the top five places in the world to snorkel (Molokini).
    Check out also http://www.expedia.com/daily/vacations/hawaii/maps/oahu.asp?CCheck=1&eapid=13172-1&kword=honolulu%20hawaii

Also www.visitmaui.com and order your FREE travel planner!!
    Also www.comeseehawaii.com
    Also www.homeaway.com
    and for cmack, www.hurricanetrack.com.......... LOL

Hope this helps Eric,,,,ALOHA!!:D
    one more when renting don't forget your discount code http://rentalcodes.com/

8. Apr 27, 2010 at 1:35 PM
    THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
    then i say Mexico! Puerto Vallarta is awesome! like i said, great food, great people, very relaxing, and just a good vibe all around!

9. Apr 27, 2010 at 6:46 PM
    tacocali

tacocali Member

Member:
    You want to go international...go to the Bahamas!

10. May 18, 2010 at 7:27 AM
    tacoeater

tacoeater Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Ive been on over 50 vacations and the one that sticks out in my mind the most is KAUAI. Only place that I have been to where I didn't want to leave. I still want to move there. Most beutiful place on Earth.

11. May 18, 2010 at 7:37 AM
    sthrnprd116

sthrnprd116 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Short Bed TRD Sport 4x4 Pyrite Mica
    N-Fab Step Bars, WeatherTech Liners, Bed Mat, Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover
    HAWAII....I've only been to Kauai (three times and hopefully again this year) so I can't speak for the other islands but we love Kauai!:D You can find a beach all to yourself or stumble upon a waterfall in the middle of the woods/trail. If you enjoy natural/outdoor beauty then I would definitely recommend it. If you are indeed gonna take off a couple weeks then you could probably hit multiple islands in Hawaii. Best of luck!

12. May 18, 2010 at 7:42 AM
    Koov

Koov Well-Known Member

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCLB TRDOR
    HAWAII!

Food, culture, people, beaches, weather, the Aloha Spirit! What more do you want?:) Those are all the things I miss about home.

13. May 18, 2010 at 10:43 AM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    1st i love hawaii.

having said that..it's just another state in the union. for real travel i like going to other countries. between those two, i vote bahamas. my girlfriend at the time (now my wife) spent a week there. it was a BLAST!

for true adventure..south east asia! but wait until all the retards in bangkok simmer down. i got caught in the 1st revolution there. it was adventurous for sure, but PITA getting out.

To Top