1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Head scratching through options list...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tripp, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Apr 26, 2010 at 8:20 AM
    Tripp

Tripp [OP] Member

Member:
    Went to town to go to the dealer this weekend to look into a new Tacoma and left scratching my head as to how my new truck will actually look and be equipped. I had used the Toyota website to enter my zip code to get the PDF file that shows what is available for sale in my region. (In Southern Illinois)

We want to have the V6, double cab with the four wheel drive. We were hoping for the long bed and the TRD off road package as well but apparently the off road package isn't installed on long bed trucks. While many would argue that the short beds lesser wheelbase is better for off road navigation I'm not too terribly concerned with this as I do have an electric winch mounted onto a receiver that I can use for adjustment in those tight fit situations. We even wanted the pyrite mica paint color but we are finding that we can't have the TRD off road package in that color.

The sales guy explained the regional issue thing to me that if I understood means that certain options simply aren't available together in certain parts of the country but may be elsewhere. Does this sound right and if so does anyone have any insight on a region that offers those options together? Traveling to another part of the country to buy my new truck would be a minor inconvenience if it ensured that I got exactly what I want from the start.

I'd also like to ask about a few other non package options that the dealer told me were available. There is a stainless cat back exhaust system available but no one there could produce actual numbers as to what the performance increase provided by that exhaust system. Have any of you found a credible source of hard data for that system?

Sales reps for dealers feel free to PM me your contact information if you feel you may be able to assist me in this purchase.

I'm obviously not extremely well versed in option codes and how to reference them but I've created a list here for anyone who can offer insight. In my region the TRD offroad package is only offered as this.

Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab V6 6-Speed Manual (7593)

TRD Off-Road Extra Value Package w/JBL® Satellite Audio [6] and Bluetooth® [15] with Additional Options: $4,639.00

(This looks to be the short bed truck with the "everything" option bundle in the TRD off road class and frankly I could do without the satellite radio feature as I never plan to actually use it. I do however like the steering wheel audio controls and the built in bluetooth support.)

Exterior: Pyrite Mica
    Interior: Sand Beige Fabric

Again, if you can offer insight I'd be grateful.

2. Apr 26, 2010 at 8:35 AM
    1337Taco

1337Taco Sold all 3

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4
    Kings
    I think you are only going to be able to find all of those option/ color combos in a shortbed.

Otherwise you might have to go with a TRD sport longbed, but might not have the Pyrite Mica color option. Where in the US are you located?

3. Apr 26, 2010 at 8:48 AM
    Tripp

Tripp [OP] Member

Member:
    Apologies for not including that in the original post, have rectified that now. I'm just outside of the St. Louis Metro-East area in Southern Illinois.

To Top