1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Headlight Mod

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by nothinlikeayota, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Oct 13, 2010 at 7:57 AM
    nothinlikeayota

nothinlikeayota [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Mooresville, NC
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Sport 4x4 6speed
    Rev Tech leveling lift, LX29 CB w/PA speaker behind lower grill, shorty antenna, UWS black diamond plate low-profile tool box with 2 Firestik II 3foot 5/8 wave antennas black w/ red tunable tips, also mounted highlift jack to tool box via hi-lift mount kit, Black emblems, PIAA extreme white map lights, Oznium LED interior lights, TRD 6speed gear shift ball, TRD cold air intake, TRD oil filter, led 4x4 switch(orange), Hella supertone horns behind grille, 5% window tint all the way around, windshield tinted 35%, Go Rhino side steps, Fog light mod (on whenever), Alpine AVH-p8400BH, Dynomat in the whole interior except the headliner, image dynamics speakers all around powered by alpine PDX-F4 (100x4) mounted under passenger seat, alpine PDX-M6 (600watt) mounted under drivers seat, alpine 10inch type-x sub in costume box so as to still use my back seats, Browning steering wheel cover, AVS In-Channel Ventvisors, WeatherTech bug deflector, Red Line hood struts, K2motor sports black tail light
    Does anyone have a detailed description of how to remove the stock headlights? Pictures would be very helpful. Thanks!

2. Oct 13, 2010 at 8:00 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
  3. Oct 13, 2010 at 8:02 AM
    nothinlikeayota

nothinlikeayota [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Mooresville, NC
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Sport 4x4 6speed
    Rev Tech leveling lift, LX29 CB w/PA speaker behind lower grill, shorty antenna, UWS black diamond plate low-profile tool box with 2 Firestik II 3foot 5/8 wave antennas black w/ red tunable tips, also mounted highlift jack to tool box via hi-lift mount kit, Black emblems, PIAA extreme white map lights, Oznium LED interior lights, TRD 6speed gear shift ball, TRD cold air intake, TRD oil filter, led 4x4 switch(orange), Hella supertone horns behind grille, 5% window tint all the way around, windshield tinted 35%, Go Rhino side steps, Fog light mod (on whenever), Alpine AVH-p8400BH, Dynomat in the whole interior except the headliner, image dynamics speakers all around powered by alpine PDX-F4 (100x4) mounted under passenger seat, alpine PDX-M6 (600watt) mounted under drivers seat, alpine 10inch type-x sub in costume box so as to still use my back seats, Browning steering wheel cover, AVS In-Channel Ventvisors, WeatherTech bug deflector, Red Line hood struts, K2motor sports black tail light
    Man I really appreciate the help. I think this is where I "bump" you right?

4. Oct 13, 2010 at 8:07 AM
    MadeInMaine

MadeInMaine MadeInMaine

Member:
    First Name:
    Owen
    Biloxi, MS
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    yeh... you could give him a "fist bump", or some rep

but the bump is more to put the thread at the top of the list so people will see it.

good luck with the mod

5. Oct 13, 2010 at 8:10 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    No problem, they're a PITA to get out especially that one bolt you have to reach from underneath. Once you have all the bolts out, it takes a little patience to get them off the truck (you'll see what I mean shortly). Are you doing the BHLM or replacing them with aftermarket?

6. Oct 16, 2010 at 7:25 AM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    To make access easier for the PITA bolt.... All you have to do is remove a few bolts from the plastic inner fender liner where it meets the outside fender lip, and move the liner out of the way. It's very flexible and moving it will not damage the part (at least mine was not damaged when I did this).

Once the fender liner is out of the way, getting to the forth bolt is a snap! :D

To Top