1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Headlight mod???

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Timicha, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Aug 11, 2009 at 10:13 PM
    Timicha

Timicha [OP] Timicha

Member:
    First Name:
    TIM
    Tillamook / Portland , Oregon
    Vehicle:
    04 White Tacoma
    Fabtech 4 inch lift, tinted windows, diff drop, 33 inch MTZ tires on Raceline Raptor wheels, ELITE OFF-ROAD bumpers and sliders
    I was wondering if there is a mod of any kind that can alow you to have your brights and dims on at the same time. I can hold my light switch between my dims and brights and both are on and its way brighter, so does any one know of any way to make it so they are both on when i have my brights on.

2. Aug 12, 2009 at 2:58 AM
    Wreckless_71

Wreckless_71 WRECKLESS for Life...

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Pullman, WA.
    Vehicle:
    98 ext cab Tacoma
    3" Lift via OME 881's, Bilstein 5100's, Dakar OME 3" leaf packs, MBRP custom exhaust, HID headlights, CB, Canopy, aluminum wheels, upgraded sound system, full set of studded snow tires and wheels, auxilary lighting, more to come.
    dude... It's the same bulb for brights and dims, when you turn on your brights the dual filament kicks in...

3. Aug 12, 2009 at 11:29 PM
    Timicha

Timicha [OP] Timicha

Member:
    First Name:
    TIM
    Vehicle:
    04 White Tacoma
    Fabtech 4 inch lift, tinted windows, diff drop, 33 inch MTZ tires on Raceline Raptor wheels, ELITE OFF-ROAD bumpers and sliders
    ya i know but when its brights it turns brighter and turns the dims off and if i hole my switch in the middle it keeps them both on. i wanna make it so that my dims are always on and the brights turn on when i want

4. Aug 13, 2009 at 1:37 AM
    Wreckless_71

Wreckless_71 WRECKLESS for Life...

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Pullman, WA.
    Vehicle:
    98 ext cab Tacoma
    3" Lift via OME 881's, Bilstein 5100's, Dakar OME 3" leaf packs, MBRP custom exhaust, HID headlights, CB, Canopy, aluminum wheels, upgraded sound system, full set of studded snow tires and wheels, auxilary lighting, more to come.
    Lol... I totally thought you were smokin rocks when I read the initial post but I tried it tonight and you're right ha... I don't know if it's possible to do but I'm sure with some tinkering a new limit could be set for both of the contacts to be closed at the same time when you are in need of brights and dims... I shall take a look into it tomorrow, I have to pull the switch apart anyways and see if I can fix the blinker, I get a fast flash/no flash if i bang the stalk real fast or even normally for a turn. The whole switch is 156 bones from the $tealer$hip I figure I'll give it a shot...

5. Aug 13, 2009 at 9:07 AM
    stucksucksnayota

stucksucksnayota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Barry
    Fort Smith, Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    14 Taco 4x4 TRD Sport DCSB
    OEM roof rack, Shorty antenna (eBay), soft tonneau cover, K&N drop in air filter, bed mat, interior LED lights, 5100's, MT tires to come soon!!!
    This may sound dumb but is there a reason that your high beams dont have the low beams already on, like it will pull to much voltage and cook something? Just a thought I may be completely off but I would look into this before I drove around with your lights like this for to long.

6. Aug 14, 2009 at 12:22 AM
    Chris D.

Chris D. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Eagan, Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma RZN150 turbo
    2RZ-FE Turbo Intercooled, standalone........... Exactly 150% more power to the wheels than stock at the wheels. Supra transmission, 4 linked rear, QA1 coilovers all around, S-Runner rear sway bar, Corbeau bucket seats, forged 5 spoke 17x9 wheels, Wilwood 12.19" 4 piston brakes, Ford 9" rear end (early bronco) 31 spline, full floater, big bearing, 3.50 gears, trac-lock. fully functioning air conditioning and cruise control....
    your bulbs wont last more than a minute running both filimints if the wiring or fise doesn't blow first..

I've screwed around and the bulb popped after about 45 seconds FYI...
    get some AUX lights and run a relay setup with your high's :)

7. Aug 14, 2009 at 4:10 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Not to mention...it's probably illegal in most states to do that.

8. Aug 15, 2009 at 11:29 PM
    Timicha

Timicha [OP] Timicha

Member:
    First Name:
    TIM
    Vehicle:
    04 White Tacoma
    ya ill have to look into if it will burn out the lights or not i didn't think about that. but if any one finds a way and whether or not it will work let me know

and for the being ilegal part i would only have the brights on when i wantd them. they wouldn't be on all the time so if wouldnt be any different than normal.

To Top