1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Headlight recommendations!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by timmah, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Feb 9, 2012 at 4:00 AM
    timmah

timmah [OP] Member

Member:
    Dry Ridge,KY
    Vehicle:
    10' Prerunner
    ORU 3" front, Brighton Spring 2" rear, AllPro spacers, BDS shocks, Yokahoma Geolanders 265/75/16, K&N, Anzo headlights
    :rolleyes:So here is my dilemma, last Nov. I bought new Anzo headlights and they are junk! They have condensation in the passenger side, but worst of all the layer of clear is peeling on both in random spots! Has anybody had good luck out of a certain brand. Might do projectors, but for the most part I would like to keep this a simple plug and go! Thanks for your thoughts!

2. Feb 9, 2012 at 4:07 AM
    Detective_Dan

Detective_Dan "Place original and witty user title here"

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Beast / 2016 Yamaha FZ-07
    Pelfreybilt Plate Bumper, Pelfreybilt Sliders, OME 886/Dakars, SCS F5's, 33" Ko2's, Cobra 75WXST/3' Firestik, oil catch can, aero turbine 2525, rear differential breather extension, bedmat, weathertech digital fit front/rear, BHLM, custom shiftknob (made by me),
    thats kinda wierd. i have the anzo taillights and ive got no issue with them. try not to park with your headlights straight in the sun as that will cause fading. as for the fogging, you obviously have a seal problem. try to get them to dry out and silicone them up so that there is no more issues

3. Feb 9, 2012 at 4:16 AM
    Blackshirts

Blackshirts Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    Headlight mod, sound system. MB Motor Sport Rims. Black Tails. 5100's, 885, grill craft, Fogs, N-Fab Step Sides. BFG TKO Tires, Wet Oks, LED map lights and dome, LED gauge mod
    Revtec are good. But with any brand make sure you silicone the out side of the headlight.

Why don't ya just use your stockers and do the bhlm?

4. Feb 9, 2012 at 4:20 AM
    Namyo

Namyo -

Member:
    :popcorn: mah 05 headlights need to go at some point...

5. Feb 9, 2012 at 7:49 AM
    sook

sook Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 Sport PreRunner SSM dbl cab sb
    Avid Offroad light bar, Steelcraft step bars, Extang Revolution tonno, TRD black chrome headlights, 09 LED tails, all window tint, OEM DTRL w/ GM shorty bulbs, tailgate hose clamp, fighter pilot with red cold-cathode, Pioneer AVH-4300BT
    I would advise against the revotec ebay lights. The light pattern and output is shit compared to OEM.

6. Feb 9, 2012 at 8:08 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    I think you need to set your expectations appropriately. The aftermarket HLs as a group are not as well made as OEM. There are outliers, but all brands seem to have some crappola happening. If you want sealed lights that stay that way and minimize the weathered lens affect, you have to stay OEM and don't open 'em up.

Given that, if you want something else, you'll need to put some work into sealing them up and may need to accept that every year or so you'll need to use some polish to clean the lens' up. Again, some have problems, some don't, but it's a chance you take. OEMs also have problems, but much smaller numbers.

If you want a non-OEM look, you take your chances and accept some additional work to keep them good.

BTW, my biggest problem with the non-OEM was that the light distribution was not as good as OEM. That caused me to move back to OEM. I went from OEM, to BHLM, to aftermarket, and back to OEM

7. Feb 9, 2012 at 9:08 AM
    sook

sook Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 Sport PreRunner SSM dbl cab sb
    Avid Offroad light bar, Steelcraft step bars, Extang Revolution tonno, TRD black chrome headlights, 09 LED tails, all window tint, OEM DTRL w/ GM shorty bulbs, tailgate hose clamp, fighter pilot with red cold-cathode, Pioneer AVH-4300BT
    this applies to me exactly

8. Feb 9, 2012 at 6:28 PM
    timmah

timmah [OP] Member

Member:
    Dry Ridge,KY
    Vehicle:
    10' Prerunner
    ORU 3" front, Brighton Spring 2" rear, AllPro spacers, BDS shocks, Yokahoma Geolanders 265/75/16, K&N, Anzo headlights
    Well, to clarify. I have my OEM passenger side headlight. I got bumped and broke the tabs on my driver side headlight and my grill. I figured they would be good enough. I'm with you on the light distribution being not good at all. I think I'm going back factory! I can find an OEM one. Thanks! Plus I really want to order my leafs soon.

To Top