1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Headlight rubber protector lost

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by footballlacrosse, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Dec 3, 2009 at 8:36 AM
    footballlacrosse

footballlacrosse [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis Martino
    CT, USA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    rain guards, tints, running boards
    I have a 05 Toyota Tacoma and recently upgraded my headlights The first thing you take off is that rubber guard in the back mine was torn so I'am looking for a replacement but I dont know what the part number is or even what its called or where to find it lol. If someone could help me I would appreciate it sorry im so inexperienced lol.

2. Dec 3, 2009 at 4:40 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    Go to the dealer and get one, they should be smart enough to get you one.

3. Dec 3, 2009 at 4:41 PM
    NixXR462

NixXR462 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Shelby,Alabama
    Vehicle:
    06 SWB X-Runner
    DTLT| Gibson Exhaust| TBS|K&N CAI|LED Tails |LED 3rd Brake Light| T-Rex Eyelids| JDM CrystalClears w/ 6k HIDs| Nokya Fogs| Billet Grill| C2C Dropkit| Shorty Antenna| Xtreme Kreations Doorpanel w/ 10" Pioneer| 6.5 Alpine Type S| FLM| 20 Inch Enkeis W/ Nitto 555| Painted X Brace Tailgate Handle and Tag Lights|
    Ive got 2 of these from my old headlights when I wrecked.

4. Dec 3, 2009 at 4:48 PM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    I tried looking for a part number for you. But this is what I came up with. I don't see the part you are referring to. Link.

5. Dec 3, 2009 at 5:15 PM
    footballlacrosse

footballlacrosse [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis Martino
    CT, USA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    rain guards, tints, running boards
    yeah its not there its a soft rubber cover that covers up the rear of the light. The wire slids in the middle of it and it seals the rear of the unit. Thanks for trying though sorry im not really sure how to describe it.

6. Dec 3, 2009 at 5:31 PM
    NixXR462

NixXR462 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Shelby,Alabama
    Vehicle:
    06 SWB X-Runner
    DTLT| Gibson Exhaust| TBS|K&N CAI|LED Tails |LED 3rd Brake Light| T-Rex Eyelids| JDM CrystalClears w/ 6k HIDs| Nokya Fogs| Billet Grill| C2C Dropkit| Shorty Antenna| Xtreme Kreations Doorpanel w/ 10" Pioneer| 6.5 Alpine Type S| FLM| 20 Inch Enkeis W/ Nitto 555| Painted X Brace Tailgate Handle and Tag Lights|
    If you don't need it ASAP I can send you one of my spares, or you can just run your wires through it then silicone it up sealed. Thats what I did when I had to cut mine and shove my big ass HID plugs through them.

Products Discussed in

To Top