1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Headlights (Low Beam/ High Beam) / Foglights

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by j_pastrana, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Nov 5, 2016 at 10:19 AM
    NickTaco

NickTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    SF BayArea
    Vehicle:
    23' TRD OR DCLB 4X4 MGM
    I'm thinking about getting a pair of Yellow XML2 led fogs, with 1420 lumens, from doidedynamics.com

$120 plus $5 shipping.

2. Nov 8, 2016 at 10:34 PM
    Windstrings

Windstrings Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 limited
    3/2 lift, oversized Copper tires
    Just wanted to clear the air about whether HID lamps will work well in the stock highbeam reflectors in the 2016 Toyota Tacoma .

Indeed they are awesome!

I chose the 5000 kelvin 55w Kensun. One part of H11 from the projector lowbeam s and H9 for the highbeam reflectors. They look the same to me.

Regardless first is comparison with stock halogen. They Are pure white! Slight blue when first turned on but quickly go to the pure white of the sun. The color is a perfect match for my Sylvania led fog lamps.

The fog lamps were a great aid to fill in holes and give ample side viewing, but now with the Hids they are not even needed. The Hids are a blanket of daylight filling all holes blanketing into the side ditches and woods. Is it the 360 degree output or just sheer lumens? I'm not sure but they work!

I do wonder right as I pass an on coming car whether they are annoying as for a split second it does seem to saturate the inside of the passing car, but keep in mind my truck sits fairly high with a 3/2 lift kit.

With lowbeam Hids and highbeam on together its a sheer delight to drive! I've raised my beams a fair amount and the lowbeam still has great cutoff and I'm not getting people flashing me. (one adjustment Per side raises both )

My lowbeam stay on even when I go to highbeam since they are separate sets.

Next I compare with the 110w led I had in the highbeams prior. Maybe the 180 degree beam of led caused holes and imperfect beams.. Not noticeable until compared with hid. Hid gives a blanket... Almost like daytime just not as bright but a nice solid sheet of light that extends farther to the sides and penetrates farther in the distance.

Kensun gives brackets and actually has techs that actually answers the phone with clear speaking English... Something I appreciate as very helpful.... Very pleased at this point.

I'm running them straight off the stock wiring harness and added capacitors for good measure but really don't think I need them. Ballast stay cool after driving 30 minutes... Easy to hold in hand.
    Hope this helps someone who was contemplating hid bulbs.

inksin likes this.
  3. Nov 8, 2017 at 6:04 AM
    jjjones44

jjjones44 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD SPORT
    Can H11 Auxbeams be installed in to the high beams housing with no issues? I drive a 17 Tacoma TRD Sport. Thanks.

4. Aug 6, 2018 at 5:24 PM
    yellowdogpaddler

yellowdogpaddler Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    doug
    Vehicle:
    2018 DCLB OR
    GoFast Camper, Faulken WildPeak, TRD Pro (4Runner) Wheels), Goal Zero Yeti/Solar
    I have a 2018 OR and I could use some help with low/high and fog lamp bulbs. I replaced them with LEDs from Headlight Revolution and I didn't mark the stock bulbs when removing them. The low and fog lamp bulbs are the same number H11 but they have a different bulb shape and different color on the back of the housing, one is green the other blue. The housing is slightly different too- the blue one has a smooth housing and the green has ribs. Searching online I cannot find a Toyota stock # to verify which bulb is which, nor any photos. If someone would not mind looking at their low beam bulbs and see what color back or the part number?

IMG_0162.jpg

5. Aug 9, 2018 at 2:51 AM
    Kheiron

Kheiron @Koditten Pirate Radio member #003

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Powell, WY
    Vehicle:
    2017 OR DCSB QS
    Kenwood d710g, high speed pheasant mod
    I just pulled fogs out the other day (BD replacement fog kit). Looks like the fog bulb is the green one.

59BFE519-78D3-4017-A230-665C0D0ACD65.jpg

6. Aug 9, 2018 at 3:00 AM
    yellowdogpaddler

yellowdogpaddler Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    doug
    Vehicle:
    2018 DCLB OR
    GoFast Camper, Faulken WildPeak, TRD Pro (4Runner) Wheels), Goal Zero Yeti/Solar
    Thanks Kheiron. That is how I reinstalled them... looking at the shape of all three; low, high and fog there is a slight difference and the blue matched the high so that is what I went with. It may not have mattered, but I wanted to avoid any potential issues by getting the correct bulb in the correct connection.

Kheiron[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Jul 24, 2019 at 11:16 AM
    Taqyto

Taqyto Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Offroad

How are they holding up after a few years? Thinking about getting some in mine.

8. Jul 24, 2019 at 11:32 AM
    gurneyeagle

gurneyeagle Well-Known Member

Member:
    Saint Augustine, FL/Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma SR5, 2018 Audi TT RS, 2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road (Cement), 2019 MDX

Products Discussed in

To Top