1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Heads up on wheel spacers

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Tactical Tacoma, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Mar 25, 2010 at 11:27 AM
    Tactical Tacoma

Tactical Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    ARB air compressor, ARB rear air locker, sPOD switch panel in sunglass holder, OME Front & rear shocks, 885x coils, Dakar leaf springs, Icon tubular UCA's, Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust, aFe Pro Dry, TRD Sport wheels powder coated anthracite, FJ TRD center caps, Thule roof rack, 886 fog lights for reverse light mod, CSjumper LED DTRL's, Nokya Yellow fogs, plastidipped lower valence, Weathertechs, Wet Okoles. And MANY MORE MODS, READ BUILD!
    Just went to Discount Tires today for a balance and rotate and they told me they can't do it because i put Spidertrax spacers on the truck. They said its an insurance liability (wheel could come off). Which I can understand, but still WTF. So now I have to take the wheels off at home and use my roomates suburban to bring the tires to them to be balanced Then go home and put'em back on

2. Mar 25, 2010 at 11:28 AM
    1TUFFTRD

1TUFFTRD WTF

Member:
    out and about building powerlines
    Vehicle:
    06 AC with a skewp
    06 With a Skewp.
    thats shitty

3. Mar 25, 2010 at 11:33 AM
    taco084gb

taco084gb No matter where you go there you are.

Member:
    First Name:
    Galen
    NorCal
    Ya I ran into the same problem with Les Scwab Tires. They wont touch the wheels or tires either.
    So Im glad I didnt rub so I didnt half to use the spacers. I sold mine.

4. Mar 25, 2010 at 11:37 AM
    LVTacoma

LVTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    nonsense. I just went in last Thursday to have the wheels balanced with my spidertrax on it. Never mentioned anything :confused:

5. Mar 25, 2010 at 11:50 AM
    Tactical Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    ARB air compressor, ARB rear air locker, sPOD switch panel in sunglass holder, OME Front & rear shocks, 885x coils, Dakar leaf springs, Icon tubular UCA's, Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust, aFe Pro Dry, TRD Sport wheels powder coated anthracite, FJ TRD center caps, Thule roof rack, 886 fog lights for reverse light mod, CSjumper LED DTRL's, Nokya Yellow fogs, plastidipped lower valence, Weathertechs, Wet Okoles. And MANY MORE MODS, READ BUILD!
    Yes, I bought 2 of the tires there (long story) and 2 are the originals that came on when i bought it new in aug.

No, I just put them on myself a few weeks ago

6. Mar 27, 2010 at 1:01 AM
    Tactical Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    yeah I'm gonna try that on mon, got a busy weekend

To Top