1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HEART ATTACK HILL DONE RIGHT !!

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by 4WD, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Mar 29, 2012 at 9:49 PM
    TherealScuba

TherealScuba Sober Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    99 Single Cab 4x4
    Thanks man! Lol.

And yeah, we've been trying to do better with keeping up with some recent negative reviews here. We're taking it as constructive criticism, though, and doing our best to make everything right with anyone who has issues. On top of that we're dealing with the big transition which is going as best as possible for such a crazy business.. venture, if you will.

2. Mar 29, 2012 at 10:44 PM
    MonkeyProof

MonkeyProof Power Top

Member:
    SoCal- SGV
    Isn't there some cool pics posted at TTORA from a socal chapter run you guys did two years ago? You should post em here :cookiemonster:

3. Mar 30, 2012 at 1:55 PM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 DCSB Camp Supreme
    Millions
    I think it's much too dangerous without a seriously modified vehicle. The problem as I saw it were the huge depressions that would swallow hole tires and make you off camber, then the problem is steering and controlling your decent down the intensely steep grade.

I've not seen the drop off in two years but I can only imagine that the trail conditions are even worse.

You can drive up to the squeeze and then hike down to the drop off and survey it before committing to such and obstacle.

Also you can do the trail in reverse and come up fish creek, along split rock. There is a mini drop off you can park next to and hike from there. I think it was about a 15 minute hike from this direction to heart attack hill if I recall.

:thumbsup:

4. Mar 30, 2012 at 8:14 PM
    4WD

4WD [OP] cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Other than the fact neither probably should have been on it, the thing that irritates me in this vid is at several points going down, a couple simple wheel corrections & this is nothing more than a butt cheek clenching crawl down the hill.....

5. Mar 30, 2012 at 8:49 PM
    2008taco

2008taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    san diego
    I can honestly say I don't feel bad for her. This was obviously above her skill level, and to top it off she wasn't wearing her seat belt?!?! You pay for the consequences of your actions, maybe now she'll stay in the kitchen.... ;)

6. Apr 1, 2012 at 6:47 PM
    92shawman

92shawman Person

Member:
    First Name:
    K
    The Americas
    Vehicle:
    1992 Toyota Pickup
    Lots...see build
    Thanks man! I didn't think about approaching from the fish creek side. Yeah, I'm not too sure about doing it now, after watching some of the vids. I'll definitely hike out to survey it, though.
    Maybe someday I'll try it...after a few more mods and a few more trails for training.

Products Discussed in

To Top