1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Heavy Duty Bumpers

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by brfd01, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Nov 8, 2010 at 9:26 PM
    brfd01

brfd01 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Roanoke
    No Mods, except emergency lights
    Does anyone know of any good quality, good priced front and rear bumpers for a 2001 Tacoma. Also i was wondering if i added a HD bumper would that greatly affect my proformance and ride of my 2.7L ?

2. Nov 8, 2010 at 9:51 PM
    sachou

sachou Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Richland, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD Sport Acc Cab 4x4 V6 6spd
    You're going to have to be a little more specific when you say "Heavy Duty". When people say "Heavy Duty Truck Bumper" I think of old school dodges and fords with giant chrome bumpers with winches.

As far as Tacomas go, we have Plate Bumpers, and Tube Bumpers. It's a matter of preference on your part.

The most popular Plate Bumper is an ARB Bumper

I personally have an , and a Badlands Rear Tube Bumper

They both came with the truck when I bought it, so I can't tell you about performance decrease, but It weighs 65 pounds...so that's like half a very skinny passenger.

I have 32" mud terrains on steel wheels that weigh 75 pounds each, a fully loaded tool box, the front bumper, and a warn m8000 winch, a second battery, and the rear bumper.
    I still think the performance of my truck is acceptable as it is only a 2.7 liter.

3. Nov 8, 2010 at 9:55 PM
    6spdtaco

6spdtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    VT
    Vehicle:
    Taco
    Don't forget CBI Offroad...I'm second gen. and have then front and rear.

4. Nov 9, 2010 at 8:03 AM
    brfd01

brfd01 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Roanoke
    No Mods, except emergency lights
    To me i personally like the plate bumpers, they look a little more beefy, but also more expensive. ARB seems like they sell a good product but its just a little too pricey for a college kid.

5. Nov 9, 2010 at 10:14 AM
    sachou

sachou Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Richland, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD Sport Acc Cab 4x4 V6 6spd
    Yeah, no kidding. I love plate bumpers as well, because they are beefier in the aspect that they fully cover the bumper area of the truck. I like my bumpers to be deer-proof, because I drive through Montana frequently, and tubes don't seem like they're really designed to run into anything.

Don't quote me on this, but it's like $1200 for the ARB, and only $500 for the Allpro...soo....

But yeah, as far as first gens go, there aren't too many distributors for plate bumpers...I've only seen a handful of rear plate bumpers on the first gen.

However, a member on here is making Plate bumpers for first gens.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/relentless-fabrication/99151-96-04-relentless-fab-plate-style-bumper.html

6. Nov 9, 2010 at 10:30 AM
    Loudpedal

Loudpedal Mind = Blown

Member:
    First Name:
    Blair
    Not really New, not really Mexico
    Vehicle:
    02 SR5-Hole 4x4
    Andres Devil Horns, Goodyear Duratracs, Accidental Tailgate Delete (x2), Billy 5100s, OME 881 coils, Wheeler's 5-leafs, BAMF Sliders with kickouts, Box Rocket Fab Bedrack.
  7. Nov 14, 2010 at 8:37 PM
    especk

especk Nothin' Special

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Redding, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Reg Cab 4x4
    3" OME lift with 885 coils on nitrocharger 90000 shocks with 5mm trim packer on driver's side, TC UCAs, Rear OME Dakar leafs with nitrocharger shocks, All-pro U-bolt flip kit and 3* Toytec shims, extended rear brakelines, 16" Raceline Rockcrusher 887 wheels with 3.6" backspacking, BFG KM2 305/70/16 tires, Doug Thorley header, Doug Thorley catback exhaust, Volant CAI with ram air, Weathertech floor mats, Kicker 12" sub, Kenwood 500W RMS amp, Relentless Fab front and rear bumpers, 4.88 gears, custom flatbed with swing out tire carrier
    I'm gettin an All-pro. My research shows that the All-pro is the lightest plate bumper - under 100 lbs.

8. Nov 16, 2010 at 8:50 PM
    especk

especk Nothin' Special

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Redding, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Reg Cab 4x4
    3" OME lift with 885 coils on nitrocharger 90000 shocks with 5mm trim packer on driver's side, TC UCAs, Rear OME Dakar leafs with nitrocharger shocks, All-pro U-bolt flip kit and 3* Toytec shims, extended rear brakelines, 16" Raceline Rockcrusher 887 wheels with 3.6" backspacking, BFG KM2 305/70/16 tires, Doug Thorley header, Doug Thorley catback exhaust, Volant CAI with ram air, Weathertech floor mats, Kicker 12" sub, Kenwood 500W RMS amp, Relentless Fab front and rear bumpers, 4.88 gears, custom flatbed with swing out tire carrier
    About to get a rear all-pro after today too haha

069.jpg
    071.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top