1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Helicopter Hog Hunts **BADASS**

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Detective_Dan, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Jan 27, 2011 at 1:55 PM
    badguybuster

badguybuster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport
    New truck....so nothing yet
    i will say it then.."thats fkd up". Its not hunting when you are shooting from a helicopter. It's shooting pigs. I realize that pigs are an issue in some places but their not here, so my opinion is not fully informed.

2. Jan 27, 2011 at 2:00 PM
    Sproulesxrunner

Sproulesxrunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Xrunner
    Too much for TW to know
    That looks ridiculously hard to do. Nice find.

3. Jan 27, 2011 at 2:01 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...

your right, they are not "hunting" they are shooting/population control/erradicating these very destructive creatures.

4. Jan 27, 2011 at 3:45 PM
    Detective_Dan

Detective_Dan [OP] "Place original and witty user title here"

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Beast / 2016 Yamaha FZ-07
    Pelfreybilt Front Plate Bumper, Brute Force Fab High Clearance Rear Bumper, Pelfreybilt Sliders, OME 886/Dakars, SCS F5's, 33" Ko2's, Cobra 75WXST/3' Firestik, oil catch can, aero turbine 2525, rear differential breather extension, bedmat, weathertech digital fit front/rear, BHLM, custom shiftknob (made by me),
    ill try to inform without pissing you off lol.
    i know some people dont see this as "humane" but its one of the very few ways to take care of large groups of wild hogs. they destroy thousands of dollars worth or crops each and every year. they are becoming a huge problem and landowners/farmers are taking matters into their own hands.
    i grew up in central florida and lived there for 18 years and i know first hand that wild hogs are extremely dangerous. they will kill you in seconds if you are between them and their only means of escape. they have 3 inch and biggger tusks that will tear your internals out of your stomach in seconds.

so with that being said, this is one of the very few ways to get close enough to them and out of dangers way at the same time.

and again, im not trying to piss you off, just inform you :thumbsup:

5. Jan 27, 2011 at 3:47 PM
    JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.
    :thumbsup:

6. Jan 27, 2011 at 3:48 PM
    Detective_Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    Pelfreybilt Front Plate Bumper, Brute Force Fab High Clearance Rear Bumper, Pelfreybilt Sliders, OME 886/Dakars, SCS F5's, 33" Ko2's, Cobra 75WXST/3' Firestik, oil catch can, aero turbine 2525, rear differential breather extension, bedmat, weathertech digital fit front/rear, BHLM, custom shiftknob (made by me),
    thanks jerry

7. Jan 27, 2011 at 5:15 PM
    Detective_Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    bump for some bad ass-ness

8. Jan 28, 2011 at 7:44 AM
    Detective_Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
  9. Jan 28, 2011 at 7:52 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    IMO, the only fucked up thing about this is not having people on the ground to go fetch'em with 4 wheelers after the copter is done and make a big bunch of sausage. If they aren't any good to eat then send'em to the zoo to feed the meat eaters. Otherwise, they need thinnin out or they will end up running roughshod over everything in the area.

10. Jan 28, 2011 at 7:54 AM
    Detective_Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    the comment on the video straight off of youtube says they pick up what they can, but its difficult sometimes cause of rough terrain and thick brush

11. Jan 28, 2011 at 8:01 AM
    ink junky

ink junky I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)
    damn can you imagine doing that with a gazelle. either way that video fuckin rocks

12. Jan 28, 2011 at 8:05 AM
    Detective_Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    thats a kind of random animal lol.

HELICOPTER BALD EAGLE HUNTS!!

13. Jan 28, 2011 at 8:09 AM
    ink junky

ink junky I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)

eh i only mentioned the gazelle because of their speed and agility, that would be a real challenge, but an eagle? That would really KICK ASS. :D Just as long as it doesn't fly a straight line cuz that would take all the fun out of it.

14. Jan 28, 2011 at 8:15 AM
    Detective_Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    hahaha true, need some kind of a challenge. i want to do this so bad. BEST JOB EVER

15. Jan 29, 2011 at 7:24 AM
    whiskey101

whiskey101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clarksville, TN
    Vehicle:
    '17 Super White 4WD TRD Off-Road
    Leer 100XQ
    In some states, hogs cause millions of dollars of damage to crops every year. They are not "wild game", they are an invasive species. Any and all methods available should be used to eradicate them.

This is not sport hunting, this is not food hunting. This is a business that is meant to save farmers and ranchers from going out of business.

That said, I would freakin' love to do this.

16. Jan 29, 2011 at 10:12 AM
    Detective_Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    I WANT ALSO

17. Jan 29, 2011 at 11:05 AM
    Cars0n`

Cars0n` Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    03 2.7L 4x4 5spd
    wouldn't the lead in the farmers crops be a bad thing?

18. Jan 29, 2011 at 11:10 AM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    That's complete bullshit if you ask me! Do they really concider themselfs sportsmen...pathetic!!:mad:

19. Jan 29, 2011 at 11:25 AM
    Detective_Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    they are not calling themselves sportsmen. they are eradicating an over-run population of CROP DESTROYERS. the hog population in the last 10 years has skyrocketed, and they are costing landowners and farmers thousands upon thousands of dollars every year in damages. they dont waste the meat, they pick it up at the end of the day with 4 wheelers and trucks and donate the meat to local business owners who will sell it

20. Jan 29, 2011 at 11:34 AM
    plee33

plee33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Sacramento, CA.
    Vehicle:
    SWB TRD Sport Long Bed 4x4
    SnugTop SuperSport Shell, BedRug, OME Heavy Duty Lift Kit, Weathertech Liners, more to come....
    There's lead everywhere. This video is sick, but they should've consider guided pig hunts instead getting on a chopper and blast the hell out of them bacon. It's ridiculous how much avid hunters pay for a guided hunt. It's a better way to manage the hog population and at the same time, brings in cash and the hogs don't go to a waste.

Products Discussed in

To Top