1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

hella black magics who's got em?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by articcs22, May 15, 2011.

1. May 15, 2011 at 6:27 AM
    articcs22

articcs22 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    Abington, MA
    Vehicle:
    2007 tacoma DCLB
    dynomax super turbo muffler, aem pro dry s drop in, ebay crappy black headlights with HIDEXTRA 6000K Low beam HIDS, Bilstein 5100's in front, Northern tool black toolbox, Extang tool box tonneau, Debadged, Tinted windows all around, Lund ventvisors all around, AVS smoked tailight covers, Hella black magic 1000's mounted on a westin off road light bar
    I was looking into these unsure between 1000's and 500's? who's got these? reviews, pics

2. May 15, 2011 at 7:05 AM
    Atomik

Atomik Member

Member:
    MS
    Vehicle:
    09 Pyrite Prerunner
    BHLM, tinted tails, debadged, afe pro dry s drop in filter
    i got some 500's behind my grill I can see fine with just them and the fog lights on but they dont spread out as much as my head lights

the best part to me is the looks though ill go snap a pic

[​IMG]

3. May 15, 2011 at 7:40 AM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    I've got the Black Magic 500's as well. I just installed them behind my billet grill 2 weeks ago. I love the look. They are kind of stealthy. :D

Good light output. When I got them properly aimed I could drive without the headlights on, but as stated above, they don't spread the light out side to side as much as the headlights do.

If you are putting them behind a grill, and want the "stealthy" look, they are worth the extra few bucks IMO.

4. May 22, 2011 at 8:59 AM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    i have them on my all black truck. they look great but unimpressed with the light out put not that i need them due to my retrofit but. if i where you i would go with light force 170. tough light and many choices for beam color and configuration all around in my opinion a way better light and if i had it to do over again i would get the light force for sure! i have the 1,000 series and they look awesome i installed a grill craft and assembled a custom bracket to mount them on. they are only a few very close to the grill craft it looks sweet but like i said the light force is by far a better choice for light out put and durability.

5. Jun 5, 2011 at 2:34 AM
    Rellik01

Rellik01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Windermere, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4 White
    Bull Guard powder coated white, chrome aftermarket tail lights,Led interior lights, Factory roof rack, Bug deflector, Factory tow package, Garmin GPS, Viper 5901 alarm with auto start, Weather tech window wind deflectors, , 3" Tube steps powder coated white, CB Radio, Radio Scanner.
    is there an led bulb upgrade for the black magic 1000 ?
    Thanks
    Craig

Products Discussed in

To Top