1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hella Problems? Help!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Forster46, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Feb 1, 2012 at 6:46 PM
    Forster46

Forster46 [OP] Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    There is one from the relay to the battery, and from the switch to the battery. If I take out the one from the switch, straight to the battery, my lights won't turn on. I just did it exactly how it is in the directions haha

2. Feb 1, 2012 at 6:50 PM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    This is exactly what I did, with an add a fuse. But I had two 10a fuses in it, and it was when I had my switch wired wrong, so it tripped both fuses instantly, and I don't have anymore. So I am gonna get more than try this again.

3. Feb 1, 2012 at 7:08 PM
    Bengland25

Bengland25 Never Forget! 343

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD
    MB Chaos 6 17" wheels, BF Goodrich All-Terrain TA/KO LT265-70R17, Anytime Fog Lights, Anytime Backup Camera, Bed Lights, Tailgate Lock, Light bar with 3 Hella 700FF's, Realtree Camo arm-rests, Anytime DTRL (With Switch), Blue Seas Fuse Block and Circuit Breaker, Custom Bed Light-Bar, Cobra 29 LTD Chrome, 4' Firestik, Masterlock Hitch Key Safe, Bed Storage Compartment Locks, Custom Shovel Bracket Mount, Flag Pole Mount (RED SOLO CUP FLAG!), DIY Washable Cabin Filter, URD MAF Cal., Homelink Garage Door Opener, Volant CAI w/ Ram Scoop, AeroTurbine 3030XL, URD Short Throw Shifter, Custom Satoshi, Blitzpro 21S, 2 Blitzpro 6LZ's, Blitzpro 6D, BAMF Sliders
    well that is no good man! why did you drain your battery?! haha I have mine wired through a fuse block i installed so i guess i dont get that problem. try what m3bassman is saying, that should work! sorry it drained the battery...

4. Feb 1, 2012 at 7:28 PM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    Yeah I have been planning on getting a 12 post Blue Sea Aux fuse block but just dont have the money for everything I need right now. I am going to try what he did. What fuse do you recommend I tap into?

5. Feb 1, 2012 at 7:51 PM
    Bengland25

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD
    MB Chaos 6 17" wheels, BF Goodrich All-Terrain TA/KO LT265-70R17, Anytime Fog Lights, Anytime Backup Camera, Bed Lights, Tailgate Lock, Light bar with 3 Hella 700FF's, Realtree Camo arm-rests, Anytime DTRL (With Switch), Blue Seas Fuse Block and Circuit Breaker, Custom Bed Light-Bar, Cobra 29 LTD Chrome, 4' Firestik, Masterlock Hitch Key Safe, Bed Storage Compartment Locks, Custom Shovel Bracket Mount, Flag Pole Mount (RED SOLO CUP FLAG!), DIY Washable Cabin Filter, URD MAF Cal., Homelink Garage Door Opener, Volant CAI w/ Ram Scoop, AeroTurbine 3030XL, URD Short Throw Shifter, Custom Satoshi, Blitzpro 21S, 2 Blitzpro 6LZ's, Blitzpro 6D, BAMF Sliders
    Try the 2nd slot from the left in the second row on the 2nd gen. saw a thread where someone wired their CB there.

6. Feb 1, 2012 at 7:53 PM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    Same spot I saw on here and tried the add a fuse. Thats what I'll do. I need to pick up some more fuses first.

7. Feb 1, 2012 at 7:55 PM
    Bengland25

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD
    Ok hold on, if it didnt work before maybe it wont work again. Im going to go look in the truck and see what i can find.. ill let you know..

8. Feb 1, 2012 at 7:59 PM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    Well the reason it didn't worl before was because my wiring on the switch itself was wrong. Now its correct, but I have no fuses.

9. Feb 1, 2012 at 8:03 PM
    Bengland25

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD
    alright, you have the add a circuit then? and recommend buying a box of fuses man, i just spent like $20 on a box of assorted fuses. always a good investment! haha

Let me know if it works, I just went and took pictures of the fuse box and was gonna draw on it to show which one you should be able to use. let me know if you need it.

10. Feb 1, 2012 at 8:07 PM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    Yeah that would be cool! I know two over and two down is a "hot with ignition" slot, but I don't know about any others.

11. Feb 1, 2012 at 8:10 PM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    Ohh right.. I haven't really looked at that much haha. Only to replace my Running Light fuse about 5 times now because of my trailer.

12. Feb 1, 2012 at 8:40 PM
    Bengland25

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD
    Here are those pictures for piece of mind. once you get some new fuses, let us know how it goes..

Fuse Box:

[​IMG]

Fuse Box Label:

[​IMG]

SORRY THEIR UPSIDE DOWN... COULDNT FLIP EM'...

13. Feb 2, 2012 at 9:22 AM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    So the ACC is the accessory? The brown 7.5a one? I was trying the one to the right of the IG1 NO.2, the blank one.

14. Feb 2, 2012 at 2:22 PM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    Yeah I would think 7.5 wouldn't be enough... I may switch it out for a 15 if I try that option. Otherwise just use the add a fuse.

15. Feb 2, 2012 at 2:35 PM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    Ill just throw them in with the 7.5 then haha. Ill go try it right now and see how it works.

16. Feb 2, 2012 at 2:39 PM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    True. Yet the led doesnt even light up when connected to the battery. But if I don't hook up this wire to power, my lights won't work at all.

17. Feb 2, 2012 at 2:50 PM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    Yeah I plan on getting a new switch when I can. I will just try putting the wire in with the acc fuse and see what happens!

18. Feb 6, 2012 at 1:38 PM
    Bengland25

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD
    you get everything all figured out?!

19. Feb 6, 2012 at 4:18 PM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    Yep problem solved. I actually pulled out the ACC fuse, replaced it with my fuse tap, and popped in two 10a fuses. Now they work perfect.

Now what I really really need is an aux fuse box...

20. Feb 6, 2012 at 4:30 PM
    Bengland25

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD
    Alright good, I am glad to hear that everything is working well! and go on Amazon and order a blue seas fuse block and circuit breaker! got mine through amazon and it was definitely the cheapest!

Products Discussed in

To Top