1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hello.

Discussion in 'New Members' started by sirron, Sep 20, 2009.

1. sirron

sirron [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Loverly Silver Turd!!!
    If I tell you I'll have to kill you.
    I'm about to install a tailgate lock on my 2009 Tacoma, with camera. Does anyone have installation pictures? I read on this site that it would go better with pictures.:eek: (DynoLock Electric Tail Gate Lock Install)

I'm also thinking about making front and back indicator lights inside the wheel wells. See picture.

truck.jpg

2. Colton

Colton Reagan/Bush '84

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    VA/SC
    Vehicle:
    08 4X4 TRD Sport super white
    Bilstein 5100 F&R, OME 885 w/ top plate spacers, 1.5" AAL, 285/70/17 Hankook Dynapro MT, 17x9 Level 8 MK6, 20% tint, AEM Brute force intake, Alpine CDE-W235BT, 2 12" Shok subs, Armortech sliders, EBC Stage IV brake it, stainless steel brake lines
    Welcome to TW, nice Tacoma!

Thank you for your service!

3. chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rubicon Unlimited,
    4.10 gears, sliders, lots of buttons, and yellow flashing lights on the dash.
    Welcome to TW!

4. w8n4mud

w8n4mud There's a mod for that!

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Subaru WRX
    Bilsteins 5100's (Front & Rear), GrillCraft, Line-X'ed Skid Plate & Bumper Valence, Blacked out hood scoop, Avid Light Bar and much more.
    Nice truck! I was thinking about putting the dynolock as well. I haven't ordered it yet though. Either way, I'm from San Diego too! Lots of us representing Tacoma World are from SD. :D As far as your indicator lights are concerned... go for a set of Muth Mirrors. I'm sure you'll like that a lot better. I too looked at Wal-Mart's LED lights and thought about putting them somewhere on the side, but after a while I thought that would look very getto.
    Welcome to Tacoma World!

5. sirron

sirron [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Loverly Silver Turd!!!
    Hi. Muth Mirrors look great. I was thinking of indicator lights that drivers alongside could see. Did you look at the picture of my truck ( just a rough idea) If i did it they would look like original equipment quality. The DynoLock is less expensive on eBay.

6. w8n4mud

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Subaru WRX
    Bilsteins 5100's (Front & Rear), GrillCraft, Line-X'ed Skid Plate & Bumper Valence, Blacked out hood scoop, Avid Light Bar and much more.
    If I wasn't looking into Muth Mirrors, then I would have gone the route of side markers on the fenders like that of a Honda Pilot (longer & sleek). I currently have TRD emblems where I would have installed the side markers.
    As far as the rear is concerned... I would leave that alone. But hey thats why we all love Tacoma World. [​IMG]

7. sirron

sirron [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Loverly Silver Turd!!!
    My wife didn't like the TRD Development Team logo on the rear sides. Turd had to go.

8. w8n4mud

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Subaru WRX
    Haha, that's funny. My wife says the exact thing. That's why I was debating about putting the turn signal indicator there. Oh well. For now, it is what it is.

To Top