1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Helo Series HE791 Gloss Black Machined - 16 X 8 Inch Wheel

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by fhlashsf, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Mar 27, 2010 at 9:24 AM
    fhlashsf

fhlashsf [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    Danville, CA
    Vehicle:
    '10 Off Road Double Cab 4x4
    Weathertechs, Avid bolt-on sliders and light bar, 17" ATX Thug wheels, BF Goodrich AT 285/70/17 tires, Icom 2820 Dstar radio, OME 3" lift, color matched rear bumper and Grillecraft grille, Wet Okole seat covers, ARM bed extender, black badges, Sockmonkey decals, HID headlight and foglights, TRD cat back exhaust, TRD CAI, URD MAF calibrator, Kenwood 6960 HU, Image Dynamic front and back speakers, ARC Audio Sub in Mr. Marv custom sub box and amp rack, Tuffy security box for bed.
    I'm getting conflicting info from wheel dealers and hoping someone here may know. I have a brand new 2010 DC Off Road 4X4 and want to put this wheel on with my stock tires. (will put a lift and bigger tires on later). One dealer says this wheel won't clear the calipers another says it will...Anyone know?

2. Mar 27, 2010 at 10:18 AM
    Cryer

Cryer O shizzle!

Member:
    Bryan, Tx
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD off road 4x4
    3" lift rims tires
    i have 2 sets of 16x8 rims that i run. one is a moto metal, one is pro comp.
    the moto metal seems like it rubs on the inner lip of the rim, but not on the caliper.
    I think it is such a small clearance between the rim and caliper that rock will get stuck and scrape the inside. but the procomps dont... idk the difference.

heres a pic to show you what im talking about.
    [​IMG]

3. Mar 27, 2010 at 5:51 PM
    fhlashsf

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    Danville, CA
    Vehicle:
    Weathertechs, Avid bolt-on sliders and light bar, 17" ATX Thug wheels, BF Goodrich AT 285/70/17 tires, Icom 2820 Dstar radio, OME 3" lift, color matched rear bumper and Grillecraft grille, Wet Okole seat covers, ARM bed extender, black badges, Sockmonkey decals, HID headlight and foglights, TRD cat back exhaust, TRD CAI, URD MAF calibrator, Kenwood 6960 HU, Image Dynamic front and back speakers, ARC Audio Sub in Mr. Marv custom sub box and amp rack, Tuffy security box for bed.
    Thanks, I think I'll hold off and get 17's and new tires...and then try to sell my stock wheels and tires....I was hoping I could get away with just new rims....Seems like it's just not a chance worth taking...

4. Mar 27, 2010 at 5:58 PM
    PRBulldog36

PRBulldog36 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2006 PreRunner SR5 TRD Off Road
    Bilsteins 5100's X4 front set at 2.5 and rear AAL,BFG Rugged Trail T/A P265/65R/17, Warrior 375 17X8 Wheels with Gorilla locks,Black Billet Grille top and bottom and replaced Toyo emblem with Dallas Cowboys Star by MetalMiller, Vent Shade window louvers and hood bug shield, Fog light anytime mod,Dome light Mod,Blue interior LED's, Six inch Black Chrome billet antenna,Firestik CB Antenna, Cobra 75 CB, 12Vt/DC outlet back of Center Console, CB external speaker, Sirius Satellite Radio, Westin tube step up bars (Chrome), Tinted windows (legal), Eyebrow on windshield (Limo),Leather arm rest mod,HID H4's(fog), HID plug and play 8000, Tailgate theft prevention mod and Tailgate Pop-n-Lock, Trailer hitch brake light,Garmin GPS Dashboard Mount, Baja Lights on the rear bed rail, In Bed Mt Bike carrier, Tail gate extender, N-Fab light bar with Four Hella 500's, Fold down antenna,WeatherTech digital floor mats, mount,Kenwood head unit, Polk Audio 6X9,Two 12 ' Subs MTX, Kenwood Excellon 5 1/4, Ke
    Don't waste your time and money. Do it right the first time, go 17's !

5. Mar 27, 2010 at 6:01 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    The Helos wont rub, if they are the same ones that are on my rig they dont rub, i dont remeber the number but 16x8 with 4.53

6. Mar 27, 2010 at 8:51 PM
    fhlashsf

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    Danville, CA
    Vehicle:
    According to what I'm reading they worked on every year until the 2010.

To Top