1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HELP! AC not working...-___-

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by oneshot808, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Feb 2, 2011 at 1:28 AM
    oneshot808

oneshot808 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    06 White Access Cab V6 6spd Prerunner
    Wet Okoles/Weather tech all around, LED's +HIDS, Tinted Tails, Small kine 2"ish lift with 5100s + OME884 with rear AAL Fabtech, Alpine all around. lots of dents covered by OBEY stickers on back bumper
    If anyone would be so kind to tell me what is going on with my truck...please?

Tonight I could hear my motor behind the glove box making strange noises. An hour later I go to drop off something to my girl's house and my AC did not work... When I turn on the switch I don't feel any air at all...

I did the "do it yourself cabin air filter " mod about a 2 months ago. So i'm pretty sure everything is clean.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...:(

2. Feb 2, 2011 at 3:07 AM
    Celtic

Celtic Tactical Trunk Monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Willows, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 AC TRD 4X4 SR5 6spd
    BHLM, Devil horns, trimmed front flaps, Flowmaster muffler,
    Have you tried the blower motor not on the A/C? When you turn the A/C on do you hear the compressor turn on and run? if your blower motor is not working then your a/c wont work. I know my 06 had blower motor resistor issues... If your blower motor will run but A/C not work, then you might have bigger issues...sounds like your blower motor might be the cause...

3. Feb 2, 2011 at 3:12 AM
    Celtic

Celtic Tactical Trunk Monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Willows, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 AC TRD 4X4 SR5 6spd
    BHLM, Devil horns, trimmed front flaps, Flowmaster muffler,
  4. Feb 2, 2011 at 3:14 AM
    SunTzu

SunTzu Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Minneapolis, MN
    Vehicle:
    '07 4WD TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100 shocks and struts TRD cold air intake TRD stainless steel exhaust TRD short shifter TRD floor mats
    must be warm there if you need to turn the AC on... *sigh* :rolleyes:

5. Feb 2, 2011 at 3:47 AM
    steviestyles

steviestyles The "Search" tab is your friend!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    Can you be more specific? Does the fan not run at all or is there no cold air when the AC is turned on? If the fan isn't running, then I'd be inclined to say, your blower motor resistor is bad. If the fan runs but the AC sin't cold, then it could be sevveral issues with the AC system

6. Feb 2, 2011 at 11:43 AM
    oneshot808

Member:
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Wet Okoles/Weather tech all around, LED's +HIDS, Tinted Tails, Small kine 2"ish lift with 5100s + OME884 with rear AAL Fabtech, Alpine all around. lots of dents covered by OBEY stickers on back bumper
    celtic/steviestyles- the blower does not work but the compressor turn on. I"ll try and check that thread and see what I can do.

Suntzu- well Oahu is pretty cold ( 80*) lol at nigh( I know that ain't cold for some of you lol & but i've never experience cold & have seen snow just once. haha). But a/c during the day would be great.

7. Feb 2, 2011 at 12:22 PM
    oneshot808

Member:
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    So I just turned on my truck and turn on the AC and it works now.....:confused::confused:

8. Feb 2, 2011 at 3:34 PM
    oneshot808

Member:
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    I was reading the other thread about removing the motor for the blower and clean / lubbin it up again.. should I just do that instead?

To Top