1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HELP! Buying new tacoma - Baby seat regular cab?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mike.colangelo, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Jul 31, 2011 at 7:32 PM
    jsutter

jsutter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Southeast Ohio
    Vehicle:
    08 Reg. Cab 4cyl 2wd
    cruise and intermittent wipers
    I just bought by regular cab truck off of a guy who needed to sell it because he could not safely put a child seat in it.

2. Jul 31, 2011 at 7:34 PM
    Detective_Dan

Detective_Dan "Place original and witty user title here"

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Beast / 2016 Yamaha FZ-07
    Pelfreybilt Front Plate Bumper, Brute Force Fab High Clearance Rear Bumper, Pelfreybilt Sliders, OME 886/Dakars, SCS F5's, 33" Ko2's, Cobra 75WXST/3' Firestik, oil catch can, aero turbine 2525, rear differential breather extension, bedmat, weathertech digital fit front/rear, BHLM, custom shiftknob (made by me),
    i put one in the back of mine......just sayin

it wasnt the easiest thing to do, but it worked.....

3. Jul 31, 2011 at 7:43 PM
    RideFast

RideFast on the flats.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    get a used xtracab. you will be trading in the reg cab soon after you find out its a pita and it does not work.

4. Jul 31, 2011 at 7:48 PM
    mike.colangelo

mike.colangelo [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Whitesboro
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Reg Cab
    Swanson52,
    Is your 2011 regular cab a 4x4 standard transmission? Apparently the automatics have the switch and the standard trans dont. Thanks!
    Mike

5. Jul 31, 2011 at 7:59 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    The big thing is the AIR BAG. If you can turn it off on the passenger side with your key, then it will be perfectly fine. I had an old 86 ford ranger single cab and it was my only vehicle when my GF's car broke down. Baby seat was in the passenger seat and GF was in the middle, and of course it was a stick. We got used to it til she got her car back. As long as you have a reliable family vehicle, then the single oughta be good as long as you can turn the airbag off on the passenger side. If you can't, then it's a no go. Take the babyseat with you on the test drive. I test drove a single cab tacoma a few years back with the boy in the booster and I almost pulled the trigger, but they din wanna give me what I wanted for my trade, so boo hoo them. Good luck.

Products Discussed in

To Top