1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help deciding between 2016 TRD Off-Road or Limited

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by rysingsun, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Sep 8, 2015 at 2:27 PM
    Doggman

Doggman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR MT
    I'm thinking the same thing. I have a 6spd rwd coupe atm that I do not plan to trade in or sell so I guess I can live with an automatic tacoma to DD.

2. Sep 8, 2015 at 3:16 PM
    unclemat

unclemat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 TX Baja
    This is the unfortunate thinking that kills manual transmission availability.

Myself, no manual, no care.

3. Sep 8, 2015 at 4:53 PM
    LaPorta

LaPorta Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Trust me, if they had a Limited with available manual, I'd have jumped on it. Unfortunately, companies have decided that luxury-minded people automatically don't want to change their own gears. Heck, I thought the fact that the GM twins had no V6 manual option to be completely bogus.

Doggman likes this.
  4. Sep 8, 2015 at 8:27 PM
    unclemat

unclemat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 TX Baja
    What's so special about Limited? Leather? Easily done aftermarket, with a better quality to boot. Everything else can be had with Sport and O/R. Maybe not driver's power seat, if It comes with Limited, I may be mistaken. Again, trivial swap compared to transmission swap if you are hell bent on getting feature parity.

And "luxury-minded" sounds funny in the context of a Tacoma and a cheap-ass factory leather/fake leather combination.

5. Sep 8, 2015 at 8:52 PM
    rysingsun

rysingsun [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Quicksand Tacoma DCSB TRD OR
    Truth be told, I originally lay claim on a white Limited that was due to arrive end of the month. They took my money and as I sat there chit-chatting, I had this nagging feeling of having made the wrong choice. So I blurted out, "Guys. I changed my mind. I want that TRD OR instead. Without a doubt this is my choice. I don't care if I have to wait longer." Done and done.

Because, as pointed out earlier in the thread, I'm buying a truck. And I want it to be a truck. So why not own it and embrace it. Plus, I didn't quite like the photos of the hickory interior - the only choice for the Limited.

6. Sep 8, 2015 at 8:59 PM
    Doggman

Doggman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR MT
    Problem with this is you have to take it to some bull shit shop to install the leather which will never have as good a fit/finish as factory and they won't respect your truck. DIY'ing leather/heated seats is tough too. It's a good point though.

7. Sep 8, 2015 at 9:50 PM
    tpak

tpak Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '16 DCLBOR JBL 4x4 Blazing Blue FTMFW
    ^^^ This. I test drove all the '15 Tacos except the SR. I like how the OR drives even on the road and this is a truck and the '15 nor the '16 will drive like a damn Lexus sedan. I upgraded all the technology crap but that is really b/c I want cheek warmers and the sunroof and such. The suspension and ride though - I actually want a truck feel and ride. My '14 Silverado was too soft. I like the way Taco's and Tundras drive - but then I like Toyotas in general and each brand has its own signature feel - Toyota's fit, finish, and feel just work for me. The Tundra would be my choice if I was going back to FS but I'm downsizing on purpose (and seriously they need to get better than 16avg MPG - my '04 Tundra got that ... come on Toyota!). I like the size and characteristics of the Taco for where I am and how I use my trucks.

8. Sep 9, 2015 at 4:58 AM
    PackCon

PackCon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Connor
    Vehicle:
    2017 Subaru Forester Limited
    Who told you that the TRDs have a worse ride?

The Limiteds have the largest wheels so should have the worst ride. The OR has smaller wheels and a Bilstein suspension, so should be right up there with the Sport on ride (so TRDs should have the best ride). Either way none if the Tacoma models drive bad.

Products Discussed in

To Top