1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help!:Fix bumper or replace?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by silvr07taco, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Jan 11, 2011 at 8:06 PM
    silvr07taco

silvr07taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 prerunner Access Cab
    K&N air filter, Dual XDMA6415, Sound Ordnance™ M-1350, Infinity 1252w, Custom 12" sub box.
    Hello all, forgive me if i put this in the wrong place..
    My question to the TW world, relates to anyone with prior body-shop work, and or experience in painting auto body parts.

Recently a member of my family drove my truck and accidentally hit a wall mis judging the bumper on the front of the truck while parking.
    The bumper has seen better days, but when they hit the wall the plastic buckled up, and it ended up with a large bump. I used a heat-gun and tried to flatten the bump out(from behind), which worked but it isn't very good looking.I also used touch up paint. Is there a way to use some type of plastic bonding material and sand it out/paint or is that a waste of my time and money?

Someone i know gave me a bumper a couple of months back, but its a base model black plastic bumper with a couple of scuffs. I would get it painted but i have no idea what a reasonable price is to pay to get a detached bumper painted? Anyone in the Pomona, Ca area ever used a body-shop that they were happy with, and had reasonable prices?

Any and all feedback would be great, i appreciate it.

IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg

2. Jan 11, 2011 at 8:45 PM
    Plannerman99

Plannerman99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    '10 SSM 4x4 DC
    Custom bed mat, Demello Offroad Sliders, So Cal pin striping
    I'm not an expert, but I'd say that bumper is not reparable.

I used Pacific Auto Body, or Pacific Collision, or similar located in Ontario, just off Vineyard several years ago. They did a very nice job with my black Cherokee.

To Top