1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help | How do you relocate the aux switch | 09 Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sierrahsky, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Oct 14, 2010 at 11:14 AM
    sierrahsky

sierrahsky [OP] Expedition Style

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reno
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Tacoma V6 Ex Cab | Extreme Sierra
    I have an 09 tacoma and I use the aux plug in on the dash to run my iphone/ipod. But I will be upgrading to the ipod kit for the stock stereo. I want to remove the aux switch and replace it somewhere else on the truck so I can use the current location for other things. I was wondering if anyone has done this and if so how difficult was it? Thanks.

Also if any one knows of a write up on this that would be awesome.

2. Oct 16, 2010 at 6:15 AM
    fjm0008

fjm0008 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Annapolis
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 LB White
    Sirius Starmate and ipod integration w/Pay15 Toy USA Spec, Hardwired Radar Detector and GPS, DRL Mod,Tailgate Anti Theft mod, Hi Lift Jack, CB Radio, Back up sensors, Front 30% tint, Leer 100R Cap, Weathertech, Under hood light and 12V outlet, D Rings, N-FAB Step Bars, Bed Mat, Yakima Bike Rack, OEM Roof Rack
    You can move it anywhere in the cab. I have done this on a Rav4. The aux port harness is just two wires. You can splice them and add wiring to extend it. The harness is very short. I have had the shifter console apart and I mounted a Sirius Starmate in my Tacoma in that spot. The cupholder will pull straight up, it is in there with clips. You will see some of the other attachement points once you get the cupholder out. To get to that harness you will need to remove the entire shifter console.

3. Oct 16, 2010 at 10:27 AM
    sierrahsky

sierrahsky [OP] Expedition Style

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reno
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Tacoma V6 Ex Cab | Extreme Sierra
    Awesome. You dont have pics by chance?

To Top