1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

help!! i need the bulb size for the low on gas and seat belt warning bulb

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by keakar, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Sep 28, 2016 at 1:24 PM
    keakar

keakar [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    karl
    louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2006 4runner sport 4.7L V8 (white)
    used to have - 99 2.4L I4 5 lug & 04 prerunner v6
    its not the same bulb as the other warning lights in the dash cluster T 74's I think they were)

i bought some T 4 bulbs for the dash gauge lights and replaced those and put a red T 74 LED in the check engine light but i cant put it back together until i put a bright red in the low gas light so it easy to see and hard to miss. the dim yellowish orange isn't much to catch your attention at all and is damn near invisible when the sunlight is shining on your gauges.

i got my dash torn out and i need to get some asap but don't know what i am looking for.

i don't think i can just walk into autozone and get an LED bulb for it? at least i strongly doubt they have those

2. Sep 28, 2016 at 1:32 PM
    frizzman

frizzman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    04 XCab 4x4 TRD/OR
    OME 2.5,Tundra 17s,Falken Wildpeak AT3W hitch w/ 7-pin, ARE cap, JVC HU w/BT, HID/LED lights
    it might be a 194 like the other gauge bulbs? test with one you removed to see.

although if you can't see the orange bulb I doubt you will see any other color. pretty sure the picture is orange coated and not an orange condom bulb :notsure:

3. Sep 28, 2016 at 1:43 PM
    keakar

Member:
    First Name:
    karl
    louisiana
    Vehicle:
    its not a 194, those are the T 4 bulbs, same thing

the grey socks bulbs are twice as big as the T 74 bulbs but no where near as big as the 194/T4 bulbs

the bulb is a clear bulb (weak azz oem version) but yes its an orange film it shines through but so is the check engine light which is now bright red with a red LED shining through it which is the same thing I am trying to do for the low gas warning light.

im going to steal a black T 74 socket from the 4wd warning light (since I don't have 4wd lol) and see if that works in the same hole, if it does, then I can use my red T 74 bulb in that socket and i'll just stick the grey socket one over in the 4wd hole

4. Sep 28, 2016 at 1:57 PM
    keakar

Member:
    First Name:
    karl
    louisiana
    Vehicle:
    UPDATE: ok im all good now

I stole a black 74 bulb socket from the rear diff locker light (since I don't even have that lol) and it fits and works in the same socket where the grey one was

but here is the kicker, the grey socket wont fit in any of the 74 sockets on the board, its slightly bigger or something but it just wont go in but I didn't need that diff lock light anyway

if anyone was wondering this is what the 01-04 gauge cluster lights look like and im told pre 01 trucks don't have those grey sockets in them
    [​IMG]

in fact, I just noticed the rear diff locker bulb isn't even in the cluster in this picture, its the one missing at the far right bottom corner

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Sep 28, 2016 at 2:00 PM
    frizzman

frizzman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    04 XCab 4x4 TRD/OR
    OME 2.5,Tundra 17s,Falken Wildpeak AT3W hitch w/ 7-pin, ARE cap, JVC HU w/BT, HID/LED lights
  6. Sep 28, 2016 at 2:46 PM
    keakar

Member:
    First Name:
    karl
    louisiana
    Vehicle:
    now my check engine light and low gas warning lights are very bright red and easy to see even in direct sunlight, even brighter then the brake warning light

Products Discussed in

To Top