1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HELP! I screwed up my front bumper!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SteelCity, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Nov 7, 2008 at 4:40 PM
    SteelCity

SteelCity [OP] Wherever I May Roam

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Radiant Rd DC LB PreRunner SR5 V6
    Optima Red/Stinger Terms, DT Headers, Empire O2 sim, Bluetooth, USASpec PA12TOY, Redline Struts, Extang Tonneu, OEM Bed Mat/front Skid/Roof Rack, Grillcraft Grille, Susp TSB, Toytec 1/2" front spacers, Raammat/Ensolite, Sony GTs, Curt Hitch, Tranny cooler, Wet Okoles, AFE Pro-Dry Drop in, Muth Sig Mirrors, Temp/Comp RVM, Silverstar HLs/Fogs, Royal Purple Diff/PS Fluid, Detroit Truetrac LSD, Hellwig rear sway bar, SG II, Filter Mag, 265/75/16 Nitto TGs
    Okay, so I'm half asleep after a work meeting and I pull into the parking garage. The spot I was parking in is on a slight incline leading down into...THE WALL. So after the hideous sound, I get out and look at the damage. No dents or anything but tiny pock marks where the rough concrete dug in. So I got home and used touch up paint, and it looks okay, but in the light it looks like a bird sh*& red crap on the bumper. Anyone know a way to minimize this? I thought about some 1500-2000 grit sand paper but I didn't want to screw it up more. I know it's a truck and usually I can live with small things but this is driving me nuts. It's on the driver's side corner and it's an area about 3 inches by 5 inches. Any help would be appreciated!

2. Nov 7, 2008 at 4:43 PM
    brianr

brianr go shit in your hat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...
    I noticed a tiny scratch on my fender flare from the DINK that ran into my parked truck at WalMart. I took some rubbing compound and the scratch dissappeared.

try that man.

3. Nov 7, 2008 at 4:55 PM
    SteelCity

SteelCity [OP] Wherever I May Roam

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Radiant Rd DC LB PreRunner SR5 V6
    Optima Red/Stinger Terms, DT Headers, Empire O2 sim, Bluetooth, USASpec PA12TOY, Redline Struts, Extang Tonneu, OEM Bed Mat/front Skid/Roof Rack, Grillcraft Grille, Susp TSB, Toytec 1/2" front spacers, Raammat/Ensolite, Sony GTs, Curt Hitch, Tranny cooler, Wet Okoles, AFE Pro-Dry Drop in, Muth Sig Mirrors, Temp/Comp RVM, Silverstar HLs/Fogs, Royal Purple Diff/PS Fluid, Detroit Truetrac LSD, Hellwig rear sway bar, SG II, Filter Mag, 265/75/16 Nitto TGs
    I think the problem is that since the bumper is plastic, the marks go past the paint. I may have to cut / sand the rough edges first and I was trying to figure out the best way to do it.

4. Nov 7, 2008 at 4:59 PM
    brianr

brianr go shit in your hat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...
    I guess some above mentioned sand paper & putty is it then man.

Products Discussed in

To Top