1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help me choose a cb setup.

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Nixinus, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Jun 22, 2013 at 6:30 AM
    CircuitBreaker

CircuitBreaker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma TRD
    I have thought of mounting the radio that way in the past but I have two kids that sit in the back and would beat the crap out of the radio. What I've done in the past is basically the same thing but mounted on the side of the center console on the passenger side. I currently don't have any radio equipment in my 13 DC TRD. There just hasn't been a lot of time between work, school, maintaining the house and helping the wife with two kids (one being only 9 months old). I'm lucky to even have my home station up and running. I have a tower I want to put up with a 2 element Yagi 40 through 6 meter beam antenna. But I have to dig a 3' X 3' X 3' hole and then fill it with concrete. So far, all I have up is a 75 meter off center fed dipole at 40' and a 2M/70cm ground plane antenna.

2. Jun 22, 2013 at 7:14 PM
    LUSETACO

LUSETACO Here for the Taco Pron

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    South Central Pee A
    Vehicle:
    2005 PIMP MOBILE
    Yes
    I have two kids also (2 and 4) it works just fine there. I hear ya about not having the time! ;) I have a base station too, not much just a Galaxy 2547 and an Antron 99.

00DC8E81-F043-4E76-B87E-DACAA6A88D6D-331_04ca1085fc84f6f60cc1987188244101d2d559e8.jpg

3. Jun 24, 2013 at 3:55 AM
    CircuitBreaker

CircuitBreaker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma TRD
    Surprisingly, those older Radio Shack Navajo base stations kick ass. I want to get myself an older Uniden Madison base station. Back in the day, when I was in high school, I had a Cobra 2000 that I traded for a Tempo 2020 HF radio when I got my license. I bought another one off eBay in 2005 or 2006 but I found I didn't like the radio as much as I did when I was in high school. I actually like the black color scheme of the Madison. There are two versions - one with rotary clock (the numbers are on cylinders that rotate to show the correct time) and one that has a red LED digital clock. I'll take either but I'd prefer to have the red LED digital clock. It's pretty much the same radio as the 2000 but half the cost.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
To Top