1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help Me With My Lift!!!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by MrZoggs, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Apr 14, 2010 at 2:38 PM
    MrZoggs

MrZoggs [OP] Ainokea

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    13' DCLB Sport
    Some Stuff...
    Alright guys, So I'm planning on doing my lift, wheels, & tires next month and was looking for any tips, advice, ideas, thoughts, opinions, and any additional knowledge about what I'm planning on doing to my truck. ( I know its a horrible run on sentence) Anyways, let me know if I'm forgetting anything.

Thanks TW!!!

Okay, soo here is my list thus far...

Suspension:
    King 2.5 Coilovers w/remote resi
    King 2.5 w/remote resi
    King Bumpstops
    Total Choas UCA
    Total Choas 3.5" Spindle
    Deaver or Dakar 11 pack leafs (Which is better- ??Opinions??)

( I want my ride to be super KUSH- Was thinking about getting some longer shocks and setting them at like.. 1/2 inches so my shocks have plenty of room to travel. But... I'm not exactly sure what length to get. Any help would be appreciated. Ive seen kings come at 8", 10", 12", etc")

Wheels: (undecided)
    17" Robby Gordon signature wheels- black
    17" Moto Metals 951's- black
    17" ATX (Artillery-Thug-Chamber)- black
    17" Procomps??

Tires: (undecided)
    295/75/17
    Not sure which ones yet..

Okay, so i know the spindles are going to kick out my tires a bit.. That's a given.. However I'm looking to get as little kick as possible.. and if I do get any kick out, I want it to be the same in the back, as it will be in the front. So I figured get the most backspacing as possible on my wheels (no idea how much I'd need) and then maybe some spacers in the back? Again, I have no idea what exactly I'd need to get to make this happen.. :confused:

Drive-train:
    (stock gearing??) Okay, so i know i could find it in my door jam on the sticker.. buutt I kinda sorta removed it.. I'm looking to regear my truck to make up for the loss of power with my new set up. I figured i could go down 2 sizes.. I want it to be torquie but I also don't want to be running 3grand cruising down the freeway at 65 either.. You know? Figured 2800-3100 rpm at 75mph would be as low as I'd want to go..

Anything I'm forgetting in all this mess??? Maybe a Diff. Drop.. to avoid vibes..?? PLEASE let me know if I over looked something...

I know this is alot to read through.. But I'd appreciate any extra info I can get! :)

THANK YOU TW!!! BTW This will all be done at the same time^^ Next Month :D

2. Apr 14, 2010 at 4:24 PM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    i think the spindles move the tire out 3/4", so it wont be too much. you'll also need some extended brake lines. as for wheels i'd say go with some AR Teflon Chambers. those are cool. you planning on bumping the king air bumps off the stock LCA?

3. Apr 14, 2010 at 6:06 PM
    MrZoggs

MrZoggs [OP] Ainokea

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    13' DCLB Sport
    Some Stuff...
    Oh, yea.. new brake lines might be a good idea. Thanks!!

Well, I'm planning on going full TC LT eventually.. I want to do all this, supercharge my truck, and then get the glass works fenders front and back before I go full LT. I talked to a body shop and they're gone work out a deal with me on some "custom" glassworks fenders.. Basically the fenders will be molded into the truck.. I wont be able to remove them without replacing my fenders and bumpers all together.. (its complicated)

But in short, to answer your question yes. I will have the bump stops on before they're really needed.

4. Apr 14, 2010 at 7:10 PM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    dude, with the money your planning on spending why not just save a little more and go straight to LT? most people (including myself) do what your planning on doing and go mid travel and then LT and wish that we had just gone staight to LT. it's much cheaper and easier. i'm not trying to shoot ya down just saying...

either way your truck is gonna look great.

Products Discussed in

To Top